New Member Introduction

iammacey

First Name
Macey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT4, Fiesta ST, Gladiator LE
Hello everyone. I spent some time reviewing posts and experiencing the forum and decided, now that I have secured my order, to post an introduction.

I got my first Jeep Wrangler in 1993 and my second in 1994. Both Sahara editions. Back in the day when they had an MSRP of around $17k. Then I moved into cars and it has mostly remained that way over the last two decades. Other than a '78 FJ and a 2017 Macan, it's been all coupes, hatches, or sport saloons.

Decided about two years ago I wanted a truck for some towing and to transport motorcycles and started the hunt. Decided to wait on the Gladiator reveal and glad I did. It'll be a nice fit for what I want.

So last week I locked down my Gladiator Launch Edition order. Black on black. Now I'll just sit back and wait.

Looking forward to seeing your photos and hearing your experiences.

Thanks, all.
Sponsored

IceAge

First Name
Garey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL 2018
Welcome aboard and congrats on your order and I came so close in 93 of wanting the Sahara. I couldn’t justify the limited use since I only could afford one vehicle that needed more room. You will be super excited and glad you waited it out. The new Gladiator is over the top for Jeep making the best yet.

ATLTiger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Jeep Gladiator Rubicon LE
Hello everyone. I spent some time reviewing posts and experiencing the forum and decided, now that I have secured my order, to post an introduction.

I got my first Jeep Wrangler in 1993 and my second in 1994. Both Sahara editions. Back in the day when they had an MSRP of around $17k. Then I moved into cars and it has mostly remained that way over the last two decades. Other than a '78 FJ and a 2017 Macan, it's been all coupes, hatches, or sport saloons.

Decided about two years ago I wanted a truck for some towing and to transport motorcycles and started the hunt. Decided to wait on the Gladiator reveal and glad I did. It'll be a nice fit for what I want.

So last week I locked down my Gladiator Launch Edition order. Black on black. Now I'll just sit back and wait.

Thanks, all.
Welcome! I ordered the same thing after seeing it at the Atlanta auto show. Looks like we’re in the same area so I’ll prob be seeing you around.

Jowen

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubicon Cherokee an x2 2020 jt rubicon
I hope you enjoy your gladiator as much as I enjoy mine. I have a billet silver rubicon, i have working on my mods plus some pin striping, chip tape, sill protection etc. Nice to have you aboard a lot of information here.

OP
OP
iammacey

iammacey

First Name
Macey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you! Definitely excited. Especially since I was able to order an LE.

I do live in Georgia, so hopefully we can sync up at some point, for those that are also around. But thanks to a few posts here I ended up ordering the truck out of Beaman Jeep in Murfreesboro. Truly appreciate the tip as that saved me a ton.

Looking forward to paint correction, ceramic coating, and some windshield protection. Then we will figure out what's next.

Sponsored

Pat2Alaska

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Hydro-Blue Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Jedi

Thanks, all.
Welcome!

BJV95050

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Pathfinder 2004 Harley Davidson Softail
Greetings from Northern California.

I caught the Jeep fever when I would help my neighbor wrench on his CJ7 on the weekend. Due to health issues, he was no longer able to move around and wrench but as long as I could help him out as much as I could, he was thankful. Little did I know that I would be pulling out the transmission, replacing some gaskets and putting the transmission back in once it was serviced. Unfortunately, he passed away without being able to take it off roading after the work we had put into it.

A few months ago, I decided it was time for a new toy for me and decided to test drive a 2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (6speed manual) and I was hooked even more. Shortly after attending the Silicon Valley Autoshow and seeing the Jeep Gladiator I had my mind set on the Rubicon. So here I am anxiously waiting for the arrival of my first Jeep toy.

Michael W, this one is for you buddy :rock:

Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
welcome and good choice I got the same one, black on black, it just looks so nice when clean :) I am hoping to meet some of you from Nor Cal this summer...

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
From one Porsche owner to another welcome to the club!
It looks like we’ll have the best of both worlds....

Sponsored

OP
OP
iammacey

iammacey

First Name
Macey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Greetings from Northern California.

I caught the Jeep fever when I would help my neighbor wrench on his CJ7 on the weekend. Due to health issues, he was no longer able to move around and wrench but as long as I could help him out as much as I could, he was thankful. Little did I know that I would be pulling out the transmission, replacing some gaskets and putting the transmission back in once it was serviced. Unfortunately, he passed away without being able to take it off roading after the work we had put into it.

A few months ago, I decided it was time for a new toy for me and decided to test drive a 2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (6speed manual) and I was hooked even more. Shortly after attending the Silicon Valley Autoshow and seeing the Jeep Gladiator I had my mind set on the Rubicon. So here I am anxiously waiting for the arrival of my first Jeep toy.

Michael W, this one is for you buddy :rock:
I'm sorry for the loss you experienced and appreciate you sharing the story. I'm sure it was an amazing time getting to work on the Jeep and even more exciting to have your own soon!

OP
OP
iammacey

iammacey

First Name
Macey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From one Porsche owner to another welcome to the club!
It looks like we’ll have the best of both worlds....
Definitely a very different world for sure. I love Porsche, no doubt. Definitely looking forward to something different though.

This whole thing started with looking at a Raptor over a year ago. Back when prices around Atlanta were still over MSRP. And I've looked at almost all trucks. I even looked at a Roush F250 Super Duty. Then I almost waited for the new Bronco and new Defender, but I want a bed.

It's been a crazy pursuit and I'm confident I made the right decision for me. Looking very forward to delivery day in a few months.

BJV95050

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Pathfinder 2004 Harley Davidson Softail
I'm sorry for the loss you experienced and appreciate you sharing the story. I'm sure it was an amazing time getting to work on the Jeep and even more exciting to have your own soon!

It was challenging at times, but lots of fun :like:

I can't wait to get behind the wheel of a 6 speed again!

OP
OP
iammacey

iammacey

First Name
Macey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It was challenging at times, but lots of fun :like:

I can't wait to get behind the wheel of a 6 speed again!
Oh man. I wanted the manual.... Right up until I realized the tow rating. At least that opened up the option for the Launch Edition. And I get to row my own in the GT4 and on the bikes. So I guess that works. But the Gladiator will be the only automatic we have.
Sponsored