New options in the builder!

Skyler7381

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite LE
I was building a Rubicon and there are three new options. One is an Rear Bumper Step Extension, new tire option and a front licence plate bracket. Hopefully this means that they're going to release the pricing soon!
Sponsored

Last edited:

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
OP
OP
Skyler7381

Skyler7381

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite LE
They also just added premium Alpine speaker system!

HTownGladiator

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020gladiator
I saw on the JL build they have Trailer Tow group combined with the Aux Switches but the JT they are two separate packages. JL has them combined cost at $795, Only difference is the trailer hitch (Class II vs IV) and "heavy duty cooling", any guesses what the two packages split would cost vs the single?

Also premium Alpine is defaulted with the 8.4" display. JL has the 9 speaker for $1,295 stand alone or $1,595 with the 8.4" display, JT doesn't have a speaker count yet--does the JL have speakers in the cargo area or all doors forward?

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
I saw on the JL build they have Trailer Tow group combined with the Aux Switches but the JT they are two separate packages. JL has them combined cost at $795, Only difference is the trailer hitch (Class II vs IV) and "heavy duty cooling", any guesses what the two packages split would cost vs the single?

Also premium Alpine is defaulted with the 8.4" display. JL has the 9 speaker for $1,295 stand alone or $1,595 with the 8.4" display, JT doesn't have a speaker count yet--does the JL have speakers in the cargo area or all doors forward?
JLs have an optional sub in the cargo area.

Sponsored

blau iii

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 335i, 2014 X5, 2021 JTR
Build Thread
Link
JLs have an optional sub in the cargo area.
Where is the sub going to go in the JT? Behind the rear seats I would assume but is that going to cannibalize some storage?

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
6D0B82D4-25D8-42F3-9FCE-FB372521026E.jpeg
Well now this is interesting. I had not noticed this on that other thread. In checking the Jeep build site I see that this rear bumper step extension is available on Sport S, Overland and Rubicon models, but is not available on the base Sport model. But it’s listed as a “Mopar” item. So I just wonder if a dealership will be able to order one from Mopar(not from the factory) and then be able to install it at their dealership on a base Sport model.

Hey Jay do you know if this will be possible and can you please post a picture of this rear bumper step? Thanks

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
If I get a Gladiator then I plan to get one without the Bluetooth speaker and also without that center mounted bass speaker. Some months ago I sat on a Wrangler that has just 8 speakers and I cranked up the sound. It sounded just fine to me, did not need a 9th (bass) speaker, would be overkill. So instead of having those 2 speakers behind the rear seats I would end up with a lot more storage space, easily enough space for a shotgun or for a rifle in a soft case behind the back seats.

HTownGladiator

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020gladiator
If I get a Gladiator then I plan to get one without the Bluetooth speaker and also without that center mounted bass speaker. Some months ago I sat on a Wrangler that has just 8 speakers and I cranked up the sound. It sounded just fine to me, did not need a 9th (bass) speaker, would be overkill. So instead of having those 2 speakers behind the rear seats I would end up with a lot more storage space, easily enough space for a shotgun or for a rifle in a soft case behind the back seats.
So you eliminate the 8.4" screen option then, you can get the 7.0" with standard speakers, 7" with alpine upgrade, or 8.4" with alpine upgrade. No 8.4" with standard audio.

Sponsored

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
283CE6BD-44CD-40D4-8BDD-289028B85998.jpeg
I don’t care about the factory stereo. I plan to get the basic base stereo system with the small 5 inch screen. And as soon as I get my truck I plan to replace that system with this Alpine system that has navigation and a built in CD player. I got lots of old CD’s where the music is not available on I-Tunes. This system is fully compatible with the current Wrangler so it should also be compatible with the Gladiator.

jhale1800

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, 2000 Ford Crown Victoria, 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe, 2017 Mazda3
I don’t care about the factory stereo. I plan to get the basic base stereo system with the small 5 inch screen. And as soon as I get my truck I plan to replace that system with this Alpine system that has navigation and a built in CD player. I got lots of old CD’s where the music is not available on I-Tunes. This system is fully compatible with the current Wrangler so it should also be compatible with the Gladiator.
Is this water resistant? I'd be open to aftermarket head units, but I worry about how they'd hold up if caught in the rain with the top down.

blau iii

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 335i, 2014 X5, 2021 JTR
Build Thread
Link
So you eliminate the 8.4" screen option then, you can get the 7.0" with standard speakers, 7" with alpine upgrade, or 8.4" with alpine upgrade. No 8.4" with standard audio.
But will you be able to get the front view camera with the small or medium screen?

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
If you plan to remove the top on your Jeep I suggest against an aftermarket system unless you plan to speed big bucks on a water resistant head unit. I found out the hard way with a 5 min rain shower that destroyed a 2k headunit.

HTownGladiator

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020gladiator
But will you be able to get the front view camera with the small or medium screen?
If the build and Price is correct that is only available on the Rubicon and requires the 8.4" screen, so I'd say no.
Sponsored