Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Culinary Operations Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Got new rubber installed on the Overland this morning. Went with the advice of several others, went with 275/65 18s to keep overall tire height the same. Know a guy who knows a guy who got me a great deal on new Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws, about $150 each, plus $120 to switch 'em out. Really improved look, like a whole new Jeep, so much better than the Dueller HTs.
Jeep Gladiator New shoes for the Overland! 20210124_113915
Jeep Gladiator New shoes for the Overland! 20210124_113906
Sponsored

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Got any before pictures?

How's the ride compare to before?

OP
OP
sbach66

sbach66

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Here's some before from when I got it. Quick ride to the shop to the house was great, will really get a sense tomorrow on the ride to/ from work, 50+ miles round trip.
Jeep Gladiator New shoes for the Overland! 20201210_175414
Jeep Gladiator New shoes for the Overland! cu-1

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Your truck used to be purple before the tire swap? That's crazy the tires also made your jeep black.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
The capabilities of those Wildpeaks is truly amazing.
Damn, I really don't want to turn my blue truck black. Are there other options for these tires?

I have considered selling the Rubicon wheels with Falken A/T tires and just getting a set to put on my original Overland wheels - and one for the space since I have a 5th Overland wheel, and then be able to rotate in 5 of them - they'd last longer as a set that way.
I wonder what I could get out of these Rubicon wheels/tires to help offset the cost? And maybe trade in the original tires, too?

I'm making note of the size you got as I've been thinking it might be nicer than switching tires back and forth for winter and summer.
I know I drop mpg a bit with the Falken A/Ts on as compared to the original H/T it came with.
I love the look of the Overland wheels, better than the Rubicon wheels, sorry, I just do.

So what you got was basically the same thing I have on Rubicon wheels, but in an 18?
I must have good snow-rated tires here, the H/T tires just sucked on snow pack and ice.

OP
OP
sbach66

sbach66

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Damn, I really don't want to turn my blue truck black. Are there other options for these tires?

I have considered selling the Rubicon wheels with Falken A/T tires and just getting a set to put on my original Overland wheels - and one for the space since I have a 5th Overland wheel, and then be able to rotate in 5 of them - they'd last longer as a set that way.
I wonder what I could get out of these Rubicon wheels/tires to help offset the cost? And maybe trade in the original tires, too?

I'm making note of the size you got as I've been thinking it might be nicer than switching tires back and forth for winter and summer.
I know I drop mpg a bit with the Falken A/Ts on as compared to the original H/T it came with.
I love the look of the Overland wheels, better than the Rubicon wheels, sorry, I just do.

So what you got was basically the same thing I have on Rubicon wheels, but in an 18?
I must have good snow-rated tires here, the H/T tires just sucked on snow pack and ice.
Yep, that's it. Didn't want to go up in size since it's my daily drive which is pretty much 50 highway miles a day and didn't want to reprogram; also wanted to upgrade my off road capability since the H/Ts just aren't cut out for that. Won't be out there crawling and tearing it up, but want to be able to hit a trail if the mood strikes. Plus a much better look.

Looked at the Bridgestone KOs and Nitto Ridge Grapplers as well, but when I found out I could get these from my "guy" (everyone should have a "guy") at the price I paid, it was a no brainer.

And I also like the Overland stock wheels.

wchevron

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 JLU

You should be able to get $1000 or so for the Rubicon wheels/tires which should almost pay for the new tires.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
You should be able to get $1000 or so for the Rubicon wheels/tires which should almost pay for the new tires.
I was wondering that. I have 12,000 miles on the truck, it's about half and half across the original H/T tires and the Rubicon A/T tires, wheels like new, no road rash, etc.
So I was wondering if I could indeed sell the Rubicon tires and wheels and get a set of 5 tires for the 5 Overland wheels I have and not come out too bad as far as added cash. The H/T tires are good with only about 6,000 miles on them as well.
I'd end up with 5 matching tires on 5 matching Overland wheels and save space in my garage.
I like the look of those tires/wheels on Eric's truck - as long as they won't turn a blue truck black like they did his.

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I like the Overland wheels better than the Rubicon as well.

Sponsored

Rkowalski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Overland
Looking for advice on largest tire a stock 2010overland can take on a 17x8.5 rim.....? 285x70x17?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry stock 2020 overland
There's a thread discussing the largest tires a stock Overland can handle with, without issues...... several have spoken up with specific sizes in that thread.

wchevron

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 JLU
I like the Overland wheels better than the Rubicon as well.
I do also. Actually I like the Wrangler Rubicon wheels the best. I don't like the Mojave wheels at all. I think they look like cheap stamped wheels.
Sponsored