Sponsored

New sound coming from A/C after pressure washing

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Hello all, after pressure washing my Gladiator I noticed a new sound coming from my A/C when the car was running. It sounds like a wind noise that gets more high pitched the more gas I give the vehicle. I checked the A/C filter, clean. I checked the air intake, dry. The engine runs find and can't notice any other odd sounds. The sound is present both when the A/C is on and off. It sounds like rushing air. Then engine bay is completely dry, but i did pressure wash inside the wheel wells, the hood, and under the bumper. Anyone have any idea what this could be? This happened about an hour ago and i'm hoping it's water related and it will dry out overnight and fix itself, fingers crossed.
Sponsored

ceypater

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover
Occupation
Manager
I am surprised this AC still works after pressure washing

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
When you turn on the AC, the electric fan turns on pretty quick. It could be that some water got into the fan bearing and is making noise, But, the noise should not increase with RPM... The air conditioning compressor is pretty sealed up, but, I guess water could have got in the pulley bearing .... Are you sure it is not the alternator ?, that one is not sealed up....

Farnerwarren

First Name
Farner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Are you sure it was a good idea to pressure wash an AS? I know that you can use low pressure, but still, it looks like a quiet and dangerous procedure for an AC because many small and fragile parts can be easily broken. But if you did that already, I would let the AC dry very well and only then plug it in. but did you wash the electrical parts too, right? I don’t even know how it still works after such a wash. That’s why we need professionals like https://sparklewash.com/centralindiana/ that can do safe pressure washing of different kinds of appliances that we, simple people, might just ruin.
Sponsored

Last edited: