New Tazer Mini: PlsBrk and DTC questions

Diesl Jp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel; 2013 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Meat Popsicle
Just installed a Tazer Mini on the JT. Had a couple questions for this crowd.
1. There are two menu options that I do not understand:
PlsBrk:OFF and PlsBrkNum:6
Cannot find anything about this in Tazer documentation. I just updated to newest firmware (11.2.5) and their published User Guide is still for version 11.2.3, so may be a new feature. Professor Google and this and the Wrangler forums don't get any hits when searching. Any thoughts?
2. I have a steady CEL (I'm dealing with DEF system issues, as are many others, so presumably for this reason), and I was hoping to see a Diagnostic Trouble Code in the Tazer, but it displays DTC:0. Does that seem wrong or are my expectations off?
Thanks for any insight. EcoDiesel, BTW.
Sponsored

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
The first one is for blinking your third brake light in the tailgate before it goes solid.
I don't know for sure about the second option

OP
OP
Diesl Jp

Diesl Jp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Meat Popsicle
The first one is for blinking your third brake light in the tailgate before it goes solid.
I don't know for sure about the second option
Ahhh. That makes sense PlsBrk = Pulse Brake. I bet the second one is how many pulses. I'll experiment this evening and share.
Thanks.

OP
OP
Diesl Jp

Diesl Jp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Meat Popsicle
DO know that more then 4 pulses may find you getting pulled over by the police for a violation.
4 pulses and you will be aok in most any States.

If ever needed, text Joe:

TEXT, Joe at 631-533-3363 and and ? when you need to...

-Do not call this text support line which is for text only.. and ask in your text how to do... Even on weekends and nights and all, Joe usually gets back to you in short order..
Good stuff. Thanks for sharing that.

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
@Diesl Jp

You received the info you needed.. And yes, PlsBrkNum:X ... X is how many pulses..

DO know that more then 4 pulses may find you getting pulled over by the police for a violation.
4 pulses and you will be aok in most any States.

If ever needed, text Joe:

TEXT, Joe at 631-533-3363 and and ? when you need to...

-Do not call this text support line which is for text only.. and ask in your text how to do... Even on weekends and nights and all, Joe usually gets back to you in short order..
In virginia, it's not allowed to pulse at all. I failed inspection because it pulsed. I had a module wired in there. Took it apart and wired it back, passed inspection. Then I put it back using quick connects and had my pulse pass. Then, the new firmware for the taser had this option. I don't think it's something I would get pulled over for, I've had it on my last 5 vehicles.
Sponsored