First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Retired Law Enforcement
Hi to everyone. I'm new to the forum and new to "brand new" jeep ownership. Iv'e had several older jeeps in my (several) years and had fun rebuilding and enjoying them. I'll skip the boring details but last week I purchased a 2021 Gladiator Willys and racked up a mind-boggling 250 miles so far. This is the first jeep Iv'e ever owned that I pretty much like it the way it is. For the near future, The only change I would like to do is add a wench. I like the factory front bumper as apposed to changing to aftermarket at this time. That brings me to inquiring info from you guys as Iv'e gotten two answers to my question. Can I install a mopar (or aftermarket) wench plate and modify my stock bumper for the cable to go through the bumper (which one jeep person said would work) or have to install a Rubicon or aftermarket, as the Rubicon bumper will accept the mopar plate, and of course so will aftermarket bumpers. Sorry if i'm long winded but that's how some old guys are. Thanks.
Sponsored

FishChowder

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Cmax
There was a great (yet very non-informative) wench thread here not long ago if you can find it. Good for a chuckle if nothing else.

I can't help with your question but I think it's great you are loving the jeep. Best of luck with the mod(s) and keep havin fun!

Darrin NC

First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra, Rav 4 Highlander, Corolla XSE
Occupation
self
Waiting on my Willys to arrive from factory..Did you get auto or Manual? Which radio 5 or upgraded system?

OP
OP
motorman27

motorman27

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Retired Law Enforcement
Thanks fishChowder, I'll check it out. Darrin NC I got the auto trans and the 8.4 upgrade. Thanks

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Hi to everyone. I'm new to the forum and new to "brand new" jeep ownership. Iv'e had several older jeeps in my (several) years and had fun rebuilding and enjoying them. I'll skip the boring details but last week I purchased a 2021 Gladiator Willys and racked up a mind-boggling 250 miles so far. This is the first jeep Iv'e ever owned that I pretty much like it the way it is. For the near future, The only change I would like to do is add a wench. I like the factory front bumper as apposed to changing to aftermarket at this time. That brings me to inquiring info from you guys as Iv'e gotten two answers to my question. Can I install a mopar (or aftermarket) wench plate and modify my stock bumper for the cable to go through the bumper (which one jeep person said would work) or have to install a Rubicon or aftermarket, as the Rubicon bumper will accept the mopar plate, and of course so will aftermarket bumpers. Sorry if i'm long winded but that's how some old guys are. Thanks.
Welcome and glad to have a new member. I'm not familiar with the Willys bumper so I can not help out to much there. I just wanted to wish you luck on keeping your JT mostly stock as you mentioned. Good luck with that my friend:CWL:

AZJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Welcome! And enjoy your new purchase! Read up on the dang thing, meaning: thumb through the owner's manual. I've had mine since Feb. 2020 and am still discovering things. Congrats!
Sponsored