Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturer
NEW! Updated Design Pre-Runner Style LED Grill Light Kit
Jeep Gladiator NEW! Updated Design Pre-Runner Style LED Grill Light Kit 5889_Front_1024x1024

https://www.oraclelights.com/produc...re-runner-style-led-grill-light-kit-new-style

Get a sleek, aggressive style with the Universal Pre-Runner Style LED Grill Light Kit -- now in a new style! This auxiliary grill light design features a new housing with a diffused lens to provide a more factory appearance. Available with clear lenses and tinted lenses, 15x amber LEDs are arranged in a horizontal, linear fashion for an ultra-modern appearance. These bright pre-runner lights give the front end of your vehicle a vibrant look that makes a bold statement on any terrain.

Clear:
Jeep Gladiator NEW! Updated Design Pre-Runner Style LED Grill Light Kit 5889-005-C_D_1024x1024

Tinted:
Jeep Gladiator NEW! Updated Design Pre-Runner Style LED Grill Light Kit 5889-005-T_D_1024x1024

This new style kit adds 3x LED pre-runner lights to the front grill of your vehicle without any modification, cutting, or drilling. The universal kit installs into the opening holes of the grill on most vehicles. The wider horizontal grill light design makes it a good choice for larger holes and for use with trail cameras. The included wiring harness reduces installation time by using a system with offset cable lengths to make cable management easier. Style your vehicle with pre-runner lights that are practical and unique for the ultimate customized look!

https://www.oraclelights.com/produc...re-runner-style-led-grill-light-kit-new-style

Jeep Gladiator NEW! Updated Design Pre-Runner Style LED Grill Light Kit new_style_pre-runner_1
Sponsored

Last edited:

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine
So just to be clear, these will work with the trail cam, and fit above it with no issues or modifications?
And does the wiring have the length to utilize the outermost slots?
Edit: on a Mojave Gladiator.

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, '07 Ram, '16 JK, '21 Sport S Max Tow
I'm confused all around.
The description says the leds are vertical, yet in the pics they appear horizontal. And how can it be both "plug and play" AND universal fit on most vehicles? How do the lights mount and connect?
Jeep Gladiator NEW! Updated Design Pre-Runner Style LED Grill Light Kit 1647964594413

Jeep Gladiator NEW! Updated Design Pre-Runner Style LED Grill Light Kit 1647964725599

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
Many questions need to be answered for application on the JT model grille design (NOT WRANGLER) which is different. Do they work with the with trail cam? How about an install video? Have they a more weatherproof design compared to the old style that the steel mounts rusted and LED's burned out? Will they fit into the grill opening slots or is the "more factory appearance" nonsense? This stuff needs to be addressed before accepting paid pre-orders. Maybe it's just another common oversight made by this company.

ShastaJT6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy`s JT
As the others have stated, a few questions here, but I really like the idea of these and $60 aint bad.

I have two questions:
One) I have removed the OEM Grill inserts in favor of the Mesh grille style (you know, rectangle of perforated aluminum). Do these mount to the grill panel, meaning, can I still install these as intended WITHOUT the OEM Grill inserts present?

Two) Plug and Play - Does that mean these have a harness that plugs into the DRL lights to provide power?

Im all about ordering a set of the smoked ones if these work out.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
So just to be clear, these will work with the trail cam, and fit above it with no issues or modifications?
And does the wiring have the length to utilize the outermost slots?
Edit: on a Mojave Gladiator.
I'll have to see if we can test the cable length for you to confirm if they will reach the outermost. And yes, you can see the trail cam more in this pic!

Jeep Gladiator NEW! Updated Design Pre-Runner Style LED Grill Light Kit 5889-005-C_I_1024x1024

I'm confused all around.
The description says the leds are vertical, yet in the pics they appear horizontal. And how can it be both "plug and play" AND universal fit on most vehicles? How do the lights mount and connect
It is horizontal; we've corrected this verbiage. The lights are attached to the grill panel with zip ties, and the wiring harness connects to any switched power source. Closer photo shared below.

Many questions need to be answered for application on the JT model grille design (NOT WRANGLER) which is different. Do they work with the with trail cam? How about an install video? Have they a more weatherproof design compared to the old style that the steel mounts rusted and LED's burned out? Will they fit into the grill opening slots or is the "more factory appearance" nonsense? This stuff needs to be addressed before accepting paid pre-orders. Maybe it's just another common oversight made by this company.
Happy to clarify what is listed in the description.
  • These photos shown are of the product installed on a JT.
  • Works with the trail cam, see description + photo shared above for a closer look.
  • We are working on an install video and instructions. This is almost always released after the initial post. Our team filmed this afternoon. It will be shared here.
  • These do not have the same materials as the older design and are designed to be durable.
  • "More factory appearance" refers to the design looking intentional on the vehicle. It installs to top-most grill hole. Each person can be the judge of if they would like this look on their build.'s

As the others have stated, a few questions here, but I really like the idea of these and $60 aint bad.

I have two questions:
One) I have removed the OEM Grill inserts in favor of the Mesh grille style (you know, rectangle of perforated aluminum). Do these mount to the grill panel, meaning, can I still install these as intended WITHOUT the OEM Grill inserts present?

Two) Plug and Play - Does that mean these have a harness that plugs into the DRL lights to provide power?

Im all about ordering a set of the smoked ones if these work out.
These do install to the grill panel, and the harness connects to any switched power source. Here is a close-up image:

Jeep Gladiator NEW! Updated Design Pre-Runner Style LED Grill Light Kit IMG_8946

The Oracle clock ticks...

Tick Tock.jpg
We are short-staffed today and having sporadic internet outages with the storm hitting New Orleans. Unfortunately, we cannot always answer instantaneously so we are trying our best to interact to answer questions as quickly as possible...thanks for your patience and understanding.

Everyone, please let us know if you have further questions. Happy to help!

-Rachel

Last edited:

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Also be nice to know if they lengthened the wiring on the rear bumper mounted reverse lights.
I purchased the flush mount taillights a year ago. Waited on Gobi to come back around. Now I’m waiting on it to be built, so trying to have everything on hand when it arrives.
There are about six additional things I would like to order from Oracle but it seems each release comes with some drawbacks.
Ordered the Mojave with the LED package so hopefully a lot of what Oracle offers will be compatible.

ShastaJT6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy`s JT
These do install to the grill panel, and the harness connects to any switched power source. Here is a close-up image:

IMG_8946.jpg

Ah, so theyre not actually "plug and play", you have to connect them to a power source and / or switch. I got excited, thought the harness had like a Y split with OEM style connectors going on from the DRL`s. Thats a bummer, but thanks for getting back to me.

Since Ive removed the OEM grille inserts I might have to get creative with the mounting. Will keep this on the "maybe list", Ive got enough wiring projects going on already...

nas4a

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport S Diesel
Looks nice and nice price point. Quick question - In the photos, it looks like the LED is installed in front of the grill and then zip-tied back, around the grill, leaving the "wings" visible. Do you know if it is possible to install the light BEHIND the grill, so the wings are not visible in the front?

Also - why are some of you guys so hostile towards Oracle? I'm looped in on the headed LED issue as mine have the burn-through on the heat element like a lot of folks, but so far they've been responsive and are working on it. I just don't get why some folks are so nasty.

Sponsored

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Also - why are some of you guys so hostile towards Oracle? I'm looped in on the headed LED issue as mine have the burn-through on the heat element like a lot of folks, but so far they've been responsive and are working on it. I just don't get why some folks are so nasty.
Okay, so I went back and read word for word the entire thread. I’m curious as to what triggered you so?
Everyone on here had/has legitimate concerns, just as you have. Some of us have even had major issues/problems with Oracle products getting them to mount and/or function properly. Things that most manufacturers/vendors get worked out prior to a mass release of a product. Some folks don’t have the time or desire to be the Guinea pig on products that should be plug and play.
Were everyone else’s concerns not as legit as yours?

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Looks nice and nice price point. Quick question - In the photos, it looks like the LED is installed in front of the grill and then zip-tied back, around the grill, leaving the "wings" visible. Do you know if it is possible to install the light BEHIND the grill, so the wings are not visible in the front?
If you prefer to mount from the back you can, the lights will just have more of a "recessed" appearance.

ImThe0ne

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I had the round ones with the washer style mounts, they didn't last 6 months unfortunately before the plastic lens had either hazed over or fallen off altogether. Hope these hold together for longer, very interested if they do!

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Not going to hijack this thread, but there is a similar set up that uses a back plate and two machine screws. Cleaner look better than zip ties IMO. I'd guess these could easily add to your kit.

Jeep Gladiator NEW! Updated Design Pre-Runner Style LED Grill Light Kit Screenshot_20220322-183335_Chrome

yumave

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave
Occupation
N/A
#nowraptor
Sponsored