Sponsored

newbie here needing some guidance

ArmyJeepGuy666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Alright so I just got myself a gladiator sport s a few weeks ago, and am looking to start making it "my own" in terms of wheels and all that. My question is.....can the Gladiator Sport S handle 33's with the stock suspension? Not planning on using the stock wheels...

On the topic of wheels, whats a good beginner setup for 33's? My jeep is a daily driver, but also will be taking some lighter trails. No crazy rock crawling, at least for now hehe.
Sponsored

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
We need a picture of the beast, Omar.

33s will work just fine, although 4.10 gears would be a nice improvement over the 3.73 gears

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Just a few questions for a base line on your vehicle and your experience. Would help, a basic recovery kit, fire extinguisher and as you should have a good start on a first aid kit.
A Sport is said to fit 33 in tires, a good set of A.T tires would be a great start, check on forum on a set of take off Rubicon tires... With that go back many pages some people have them setting in basement/ garages ECT. But posting is lost in pages. I found a set of take off tires and rims 14 plus pages back.
As Mark said 4:10 gears would be better, and with MPG too. Late to game with that info. A Max-Tow would have really been spot on there.

Digger70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Altitude

33s will work just fine, although 4.10 gears would be a nice improvement over the 3.73 gears
Why not just tell him to get 40" tires and regear to 5.56? The dude just got a Gladiator, the last thing he needs to be told is to regear. Are you a complete idiot?

OP
OP
ArmyJeepGuy666

ArmyJeepGuy666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator

I'll be able to post an image as soon as I am able to....don't worry. Is the difference in gears really necessary for someone not going on aggressive trails? I should add I will be towing a small (<2,500 lb) light camper trailer out to some spots that will have somewhat flat terrain.

Sponsored

Digger70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alright so I just got myself a gladiator sport s a few weeks ago, and am looking to start making it "my own" in terms of wheels and all that. My question is.....can the Gladiator Sport S handle 33's with the stock suspension? Not planning on using the stock wheels...

On the topic of wheels, whats a good beginner setup for 33's? My jeep is a daily driver, but also will be taking some lighter trails. No crazy rock crawling, at least for now hehe.
Don't listen to the nimrods suggesting that you regear or buy a Max Tow.

OP
OP
ArmyJeepGuy666

ArmyJeepGuy666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Just a few questions for a base line on your vehicle and your experience. Would help, a basic recovery kit, fire extinguisher and as you should have a good start on a first aid kit.
A Sport is said to fit 33 in tires, a good set of A.T tires would be a great start, check on forum on a set of take off Rubicon tires... With that go back many pages some people have them setting in basement/ garages ECT. But posting is lost in pages. I found a set of take off tires and rims 14 plus pages back.
As Mark said 4:10 gears would be better, and with MPG too. Late to game with that info. A Max-Tow would have really been spot on there.
Yeah, I did order a basic recovery kit and I'm getting a fire extinguisher + first aid kit this weekend. I'll def look out for some rubicon take offs as an option.

Don't listen to the nimrods suggesting that you regear or buy a Max Tow.
Yeah, I think a regear for my needs would be a waste...or at least thats my reasoning.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Omar
Try to not get caught up in "Keeping up with the Joneses" on lifting, tires ECT. Some things in the Army you don't want to be noticed by.

Fortes89

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Customer Service / Sales / Fire Protection
Do what i did i think it looks 100 times better. I used same wheels and got mud terrain 285 70 17s. Still drives grest and looks good enough... i would love to have done 35s and a 3.5 in lift but mine is leased and not sure if will end uñ keeping, just couldnt stand the look of the original wheel tire set up... oh also i plastidipped them myself

Jeep Gladiator newbie here needing some guidance 20200613_135310
Jeep Gladiator newbie here needing some guidance IMG_20200601_162616_813

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Performance Coach
Why not just tell him to get 40" tires and regear to 5.56? The dude just got a Gladiator, the last thing he needs to be told is to regear. Are you a complete idiot?
I see that reading comprehension is a challenge for you, so let me break it down.

“33s will work just fine.”
This means I support and agree that his choice of 33s for his JT is good (was that easier to understand?)

“Although 4.10 would be a nice improvement over the stock 3.73.”
This is simply a fact if you know anything about gearing and getting a full range of use in every gear while optimizing the torque curve. A “nice improvement” is hardly telling him to do anything. And your suggestion of giant tires and tiny gearing is simply ridiculous. School was important, you should have paid more attention.

Sponsored

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
I see that reading comprehension is a challenge for you, so let me break it down.

“33s will work just fine.”
This means I support and agree that his choice of 33s for his JT is good (was that easier to understand?)

“Although 4.10 would be a nice improvement over the stock 3.73.”
This is simply a fact if you know anything about gearing and getting a full range of use in every gear while optimizing the torque curve. A “nice improvement” is hardly telling him to do anything. And your suggestion of giant tires and tiny gearing is simply ridiculous. School was important, you should have paid more attention.
I agree with you on this one. I would have said the same thing. You didn't say anything about regearing you were just giving general information that I've seen litteraly on every tread thats like this one.

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Performance Coach
Thanks, but I probably shouldn’t have replied, just moved on.

There’s just something about name calling and insults hurled by someone who doesn’t even know me, has trouble comprehending the written word and then added no value to the thread, that I just couldn’t ignore.

OP
OP
ArmyJeepGuy666

ArmyJeepGuy666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
So what are the thoughts on putting a good set of 33's on the stock Sport S model? Again, not going on any crazy offroading areas (yet), for these first couple years it will just be very light trails and overlanding/camping with a lightweight teardrop trailer.

Digger70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So what are the thoughts on putting a good set of 33's on the stock Sport S model? Again, not going on any crazy offroading areas (yet), for these first couple years it will just be very light trails and overlanding/camping with a lightweight teardrop trailer.
I have 285/70r17 Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S on mine and they're nice but are standard load and close to stock weight so the mpg is about the same. I'm thinking of going to the 35x10.5r17 Kenda Klever but they are 67lbs ea. You could go up to 285/75r17 or 295/70r17 or if you want more of a pizza cutter 33x10 go with the 255/80r17.
Sponsored