Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport-S upgraded
Occupation
Information Security
Vehicle Showcase
Hello all!
Yesterday, I hand washed my ride in my driveway. Pressure washed, soaped...used Meguliars car soap, nice soft mitt, dried with chamois...

I then pulled into shade to keep car cool. I followed the instructions on this expensive little product...19.99 for 8 oz. Lots of hype on YouTube, on their website....

I misted it on, used a brand new microfiber to wipe it in, then used another microfiber to remove. I tried several times of turning the towel...yuck! It looked horrible on my Firecracker Red hood! It looked like there was smears on it. The instructions say to not let it dry; wipe on, then wipe off. The hood was cool to touch, no sunlight.

As a comparison, I got my Meguliars caranuba wax out (which I loved on my 68 Firebird with House of Kolor paint). I hand applied, wiped in on the doors, let dry to haze, and removed. SO MUCH BE
Sponsored

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
I got mine back from the detail shop after having the ceramic coating applied, and its ok considering it coast me $600. I think you got the better deal. My JT washes up nice but the jury is still out if its worth the $600. My truck gets mostly used for off road so I hope it lasts for a bit.

redfish

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT
Occupation
Strategic Account Executive
I use it on my silver JT and wife's Mojito JL and it works great. I do a very small section at a time , one towel for application, clean towels (micro fiber) for buffing to shine, granted it doesn't last long but it is a spray one but for bout a week it looks like a mirror and is smooth, also next wash is really easy.

OP
OP
Yallaen

Yallaen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport-S upgraded
Occupation
Information Security
Vehicle Showcase
Well, i had the cermaic coating put on at dealer. Maybe that's the issue? I just know that it looked crappy when I applied it on the hood and fenders; the wax looked MUCH better on the doors and bed area.

Riccochet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKR | 2020 Ram 2500 | 2021 JT Sport
Moisten the micro fiber you are using to apply the product. Not wet, just damp. Spray the product on to the microfiber, not the painted surface. Wipe it on in crisscross pattern, then immediately remove with a dry micro fiber towel. Do small sections of 12-18" square.

You may not think the product is flashing on your cool paint, but it most certainly is if you are getting high spots/smears. The damp applicator will extend the working time.

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
I used it on my silver JT and it works and looks awesome. No issues with application or removal. I washed it first with Adam's Strip Car Wash Soap/Sealant & Car Wax Remover, then clayed it, washed it again to remove any residue, and finally applied the NexGen - AWESOME!
Sponsored