NGD

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
Not being critical. I have a two car pole garage with concrete floor too. I bought it with a gravel floor and had concrete done after it was mine.
But why not pour a slab, use anchors, and frame up on the slab as opposed to doing it this way?

The Welsh Griffin

First Name
TBone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Work in an Oven
Lucky guy !! I still lay in the dirt, nice job !!

Sponsored

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
For those asking: Yes this is the right way to do this. The form boards along the bottom are the guide for the slab being poured. This means that the load of the structure is anchored deeper into the ground rather than attached to the slab at the surface.

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR, '08 JKUX, '08 JKUS
The RIGHT way is to pour a 6" slab and get it ready for a LIFT... don't skimp on the floor, you'll regret it later!

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
For those asking: Yes this is the right way to do this. The form boards along the bottom are the guide for the slab being poured. This means that the load of the structure is anchored deeper into the ground rather than attached to the slab at the surface.
That thought did cross my mind. Thank you for the explanation.

I’m sure you know this, but you can always cut out the concrete where the lift needs the 6” slab if you added a lift later. It’s pretty common. It looks like you have the ceiling height for a lift.

DBravo

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland, 2021 Jeep JL Sahara
Nice garage!

is it common to build the garage first and then have the slab poured later? I don’t know that I’ve ever seen that before.
I built my post and beam barn first and ad a fiber reinforced concrete floor poured over a year later. I think it was actually better as the ground had settled. That was 12 years ago and no issues.

Barn.png

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
I built my post and beam barn first and ad a fiber reinforced concrete floor poured over a year later. I think it was actually better as the ground had settled. That was 12 years ago and no issues.

Jeep Gladiator NGD Bar
Great looking building!

OP
OP
Nubs

Nubs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
Not being critical. I have a two car pole garage with concrete floor too. I bought it with a gravel floor and had concrete done after it was mine.
But why not pour a slab, use anchors, and frame up on the slab as opposed to doing it this way?
Nice garage!

is it common to build the garage first and then have the slab poured later? I don’t know that I’ve ever seen that before.
I was weirded out by this too. In my mind, I would think the slab gets poured first, then the garage goes up around it. According to the pole barn company, concrete last is the correct way to do it.
Sponsored