• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

My Hands-On Experience With The 2024 Ranger Raptor! (Azure Gray Metallic)

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
No air vents in the back. No physical knobs on infotainment. (No AM radio?) No standard spray liner.

I'm a sad luddite today.
No air vents in the back is inexcusable. The infotainment has physical knobs for volume which is the most important. It has physical steering wheel buttons as well.

It won't cost for than the F150 but I can easily see $5k in add ons.
Agreed, I could see it getting $5k of add ons but not the $10k originally speculated.
Sponsored

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
I was lucky enough to be invited out by Ford to meet the all-new Ranger Raptor.

This is my review from the perspective of a guy who spends a lot of time off-road.

DSC03133.jpeg

DSC03142.jpeg

DSC03141.jpeg

DSC03146.jpeg
Hey OP, in the one you have pictured, is the color Azure Grey? I thought I was set on getting a velocity blue, but this might be it.

AzureRanger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT Azure Gray
Occupation
Retired
Yes, that is Azure Grey metallic tri-coat. (dubbed Area 52 on Bronco forums)
That Azure Gray looks nothing like my Azure Gray Ranger XLT. It looks much more greenish.

Raptor:
Ford Ranger My Hands-On Experience With The 2024 Ranger Raptor! (Azure Gray Metallic) DSC03133

My XLT:
Ford Ranger My Hands-On Experience With The 2024 Ranger Raptor! (Azure Gray Metallic) IMG_1506

Close up of Azure Gray Metallic:

Ford Ranger My Hands-On Experience With The 2024 Ranger Raptor! (Azure Gray Metallic) IMG_1497

Last edited:

Sponsored

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
That Azure Gray looks nothing like my Azure Gray Ranger XLT. It looks much more greenish.

Raptor:
DSC03133.jpeg

My XLT:
IMG_1506.jpeg

View attachment 39093
I'm pretty sure it's just the lighting and/or the type of camera used that's making it look that way because of the pearl metallic in it.

Both Area 51 and Cactus Gray are notorious for showing different color undertones, and they aren't metallic.

I guess we'll find out when they finally release the full range of paint colors offered across the trims.

AzureRanger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT Azure Gray
Occupation
Retired
I'm pretty sure it's just the lighting and/or the type of camera used that's making it look that way because of the pearl metallic in it.

Both Area 51 and Cactus Gray are notorious for showing different color undertones, and they aren't metallic.

I guess we'll find out when they finally release the full range of paint colors offered across the trims.
Agree...just didn't want folks to be mis-led by that image. Better to see a real world example. I just added a close up of the metallic flake....it looks awesome in the sun.

Reactions: MJE

BadBoyBillyRaptorRanger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
my Badlands Bronco was 58k loaded, my Wildtrak Bronco is 64k on order if the ranger is close to this I’ll dump the Wildtrak and order the RR.

Sponsored