Buck1ze

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I’m currently running 315/70R17 Duratrac tires mounted on aftermarket wheels with 5.2” backspacing on my JT Rubicon (2 inch Mopar lift). I would like to go with a narrower tire to get them back under the fenders a little better.

Is anyone running the Nitto Trail Grappler M/T 35x11.50R17 tires on their stock Rubicon rims? If so, I would welcome any opinions or feedback on the combination.
Sponsored

Alaska-HWY JK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Rubicon LJ 2007 JKU 2020 Rubicon Gladiator
They are C rated. They will be the next tire on Wifeys JT. I run 37/12.5/17 on my JK.

Gladicon

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK Rubicon, 2020 JT Rubicon, 2015 Renegade
Occupation
Retired
I think I am purchasing these Nitto Trail Grappler M/T 35x11.50R17 tires today, They are on the Quadratec site as fitting wheels 7" to 9" stock is 8"
I also want to get the Mopar wheel simulated beadlock 17x8 with 4.4in Backspace which is less than your 5.2, I believe the combo will give me the height and look I want. I too wish to stay closer inside the well so as not to beat my painted fenders up so much.
I wanted to go with the Falken Wildpeak 35s but Mopar asks for a 8.5 to 11" wheel and it does not look like the Mopar wheel comes in that size.

If anyone is running the Mopar wheel and the standard Nitto Trail Grappler M/T 35x12.50R17 tires, I would like to see pictures
Dealer actually has better prices on the both and then the tires are a buy 4 get one free with the Falkens

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/simulated-bead-lock-wheel-jeep-wrangler-jk-jl-77072466
https://www.falkentire.com/tires/light-truck-suv-cuv-tires/wildpeak-m/t-tire-0
https://www.quadratec.com/p/nitto/trail-grappler-tire

Last edited:

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
I think I am purchasing these Nitto Trail Grappler M/T 35x11.50R17 tires today, They are on the Quadratec site as fitting wheels 7"to 9" stock is 8"
I also want to get the Mopar wheel simulated beadlock 17x8 with 4.4in Backspace which is less than your 5.2, I believe the combo will give me the height and look I want. I too wish to stay closer inside the well so as not to beat my painted fenders up so much.
I wanted to go with the Falken Wildpeak 35s but Mopar but they ask for a 8.5 to 11" wheel and it does not look like the Mopar wheel comes in that size.

If anyone is running the Mopar wheel and the standard Nitto Trail Grappler M/T 35x12.50R17 tires, I would like to see pictures
Dealer actually has better prices on the both and then the tires are a buy 4 get one free with the Falkens

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/simulated-bead-lock-wheel-jeep-wrangler-jk-jl-77072466
https://www.falkentire.com/tires/light-truck-suv-cuv-tires/wildpeak-m/t-tire-0
https://www.quadratec.com/p/nitto/trail-grappler-tire
You will be fine running the Falkens with the Mopar simulated beadlock. Many folks run 35s with the stock wheels which are 7.5" wide and have zero problems. I even see some running 37s on the stock wheel.

Sponsored

Gladicon

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK Rubicon, 2020 JT Rubicon, 2015 Renegade
Occupation
Retired
You will be fine running the Falkens with the Mopar simulated beadlock. Many folks run 35s with the stock wheels which are 7.5" wide and have zero problems. I even see some running 37s on the stock wheel.
Thank you!

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
M/Ts all the way, but if the Falkens will fit I will go that way.
I run the Mastercraft Courser (made by Cooper) on my JL and love them. I really liked the Falken MTs that came stock on my JT as well. Both are surprisingly smooth and fairly quiet for a mud train. I think either way you can't go wrong. Only downside is both Nitto Trail Grapplers and Falken MTs are somewhat heavy.

NateSamJT20

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR LE - 18 FORD EXPEDITION MAX
I run the Mastercraft Courser (made by Cooper) on my JL and love them. I really liked the Falken MTs that came stock on my JT as well. Both are surprisingly smooth and fairly quiet for a mud train. I think either way you can't go wrong. Only downside is both Nitto Trail Grapplers and Falken MTs are somewhat heavy.

I agree with this as welll. Ran 35x12.5 nitto tg’s on my JKU but they are stupid heavy and $. So I decided to try the Mastercraft Courser as well. Went with the 37x12.5 and they are only 70lbs for a 37 and under $250 a tire

Last edited:

Sponsored

Vestigo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 XJ, 2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Locomotive Engineer
I’m currently running 315/70R17 Duratrac tires mounted on aftermarket wheels with 5.2” backspacing on my JT Rubicon (2 inch Mopar lift). I would like to go with a narrower tire to get them back under the fenders a little better.

Is anyone running the Nitto Trail Grappler M/T 35x11.50R17 tires on their stock Rubicon rims? If so, I would welcome any opinions or feedback on the combination.
Are the Nittos specific to mud terrain only? Do you know how well they work on trail and rock?

Jabakkarabbit

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Been watching Youtube JT tire vids. Was looking at the
Nitto Trail Grappler M/T 35x11.50R17 also, but will also look into the other tires mentioned.

Jabakkarabbit

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why is it that when I type in the specs for the Mastercraft Courser MXT in 305x12.5x17 on the Walmart and Discount Tire sites it won't show me a price because it says they won't fit my stock rim. Are they out of spec? They must not be if guys and gals on here use them.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic

Jabakkarabbit

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the link. Just looked them up. Price and quality look good. Right now I have the stock 33 Faulkins that came on the Rubicon. I do lots of mudding and don't know if an all terrain tire will do.

Thoughts?
Sponsored