No name stringray JTR 6-spd

jc1986

First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rubicon sting grey 6spd
I purchased my 2020 JTR 6-spd back in September 2020. Since it was a manual and on the dealer’s lot for a month or so, I was able to get a great deal on it.

Since Owning it I have installed the following:
ARB stubby bumper
Nilight ARB knock-off LED driving lights
Rocblokz regular mudflaps
Teraflex 1.5” front spacer w/ mopar lca from their 2” kit
Daystar .75” rear spacer
BFG KO2 315/70r17s

I have ordered the AEV salta xr in onyx, these should be here on Thursday.

So far, I’m thrilled with the gladiator. I’m coming from a Nissan Frontier that had an OME lift and some 32s. Not a bad set up and drove great, just not a jeep. Prior to the frontier I had a Grand Cherokee with an OME lift and ARB bumper also. I’m lucky enough to be located near Uwharrie National Forest and have been able to get out to the trails there fairly regularly. Both of my previous vehicles were quite capable but no where close to the JT. I will say I have stalled this truck more than any vehicle in the past. It’s friction zone is so narrow that it takes some practice with. The frontier prior to this was a manual also amd the friction zone was far more prominent. My wife’s crosstrek also has better take up and hold power in the friction zone. I would be interested in other’s thoughts on the subject, I can’t be the only one who things this is the case with this clutch.

For future plans, I am interested in upgrading the suspension components but I’m not in a hurry. I think the springs and shocks on the rubicon are more than adequate for my needs. I have thought about upgrading the shocks to falcons, but can’t justify the price point. I will eventually go AEV or Old Man Emu when ARB finally releases their lift. Nothing against Clayton but for 95% of my needs being a daily driver, I like what I have heard about AEV and what I have gotten out of OME in the past. I am interested in a good driving vehicle, not a super slinky.

Jeep Gladiator No name stringray JTR 6-spd 7CE34ABD-F7A7-42EF-9944-B1AE42A70025
Jeep Gladiator No name stringray JTR 6-spd BDC03035-5853-454E-87D9-0A2934005A79
Jeep Gladiator No name stringray JTR 6-spd DF1C120F-99D6-4B42-89D7-5ADC812BE11E
Jeep Gladiator No name stringray JTR 6-spd 5255A19C-869F-419B-AEBF-77B17063B403
Sponsored

OP
OP

jc1986

First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update,

FEDEX dropped off the AEV Salta XRs today. I’m pretty stoked about how these look.
Jeep Gladiator No name stringray JTR 6-spd C7038ABB-E3E1-4774-AE9F-8C2FFE210013

I’ll have to figure out when I can get these mounted.

OP
OP

jc1986

First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Finally got around to install my voswitch and driving lights. The voswitch was fairly painless. The instructions were clear enough and thorough.
Mount the box under the hood,

route control switch box wires into the cabin via lowering the front windshield enough to route the wire,

run wire down the side of the front dash, there is enough space to tuck the wire away And out of sight.

run wire up under the steering column

remove the two center dash panels

unscrew where the aux switch box goes

install new control panel and hook up the wire.

I had to make a wiring harness for the driving lights. I just attached weatherproof connectors and measured out the necessary length of wire to run to the switch block. Not the cleanest soldering to connect the two wires coming from the lights to the single control wires. A simple two into one set up. Heat shrink and protective wire sleeve the entire wiring harness and routed it up into the engine bay, right behind the drivers headlight and the washer bottle. I grounded the wire to the body panel under the hood.
Jeep Gladiator No name stringray JTR 6-spd A93746A3-CEF4-428A-A856-D8A12EA1BAD3
Jeep Gladiator No name stringray JTR 6-spd F54F0E78-81B4-4DC2-A3E0-8B4DF7F00028
Jeep Gladiator No name stringray JTR 6-spd 1CE5A3E8-EEF7-4CFD-AC17-27611E6C46C7
Jeep Gladiator No name stringray JTR 6-spd 85C5EAA8-727B-42F9-AA15-76325A30399F
Jeep Gladiator No name stringray JTR 6-spd C12C459F-7FA3-49DD-A015-1DB117ED570F
Jeep Gladiator No name stringray JTR 6-spd D07AFAE7-2D15-4AFD-BFB0-A99CE8A9FF8E
Jeep Gladiator No name stringray JTR 6-spd AAA229C5-2B0F-45D0-B11D-8CC113160C13

My next project will probably be switching out the cigarette lighter for two 4amp USB ports.

7BA2D08A-8747-480B-B6AE-43D31082EBB4.jpeg

Frank...

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 6-speed
I purchased my 2020 JTR 6-spd back in September 2020. Since it was a manual and on the dealer’s lot for a month or so, I was able to get a great deal on it.

ARB stubby bumper
Daystar .75” rear spacer
BFG KO2 315/70r17s

So far, I’m thrilled with the gladiator. I’m coming from a Nissan Frontier that had an OME lift and some 32s. Not a bad set up and drove great, just not a jeep. Prior to the frontier I had a Grand Cherokee with an OME lift and ARB bumper also. I’m lucky enough to be located near Uwharrie National Forest and have been able to get out to the trails there fairly regularly. Both of my previous vehicles were quite capable but no where close to the JT. I will say I have stalled this truck more than any vehicle in the past. It’s friction zone is so narrow that it takes some practice with. The frontier prior to this was a manual also amd the friction zone was far more prominent. My wife’s crosstrek also has better take up and hold power in the friction zone. I would be interested in other’s thoughts on the subject, I can’t be the only one who things this is the case with this clutch.

For future plans, I am interested in upgrading the suspension components but I’m not in a hurry. I think the springs and shocks on the rubicon are more than adequate for my needs. I have thought about upgrading the shocks to falcons, but can’t justify the price point. I will eventually go AEV or Old Man Emu when ARB finally releases their lift. Nothing against Clayton but for 95% of my needs being a daily driver, I like what I have heard about AEV and what I have gotten out of OME in the past. I am interested in a good driving vehicle, not a super slinky.

Jeep Gladiator No name stringray JTR 6-spd 7BA2D08A-8747-480B-B6AE-43D31082EBB4
Ok makes me feel like I’m not crazy: I picked up my 1st Jeep a sport S six-sped on Wednesday and have stalled it far more often than I ever imagined. Thought maybe it was because I haven’t driven a manual on a regular basis in thirtyears & I was behind the times...

I drove a manual for years while in the Marine Corps assigned to a motor pool, when everything was manual. Heck I drove a 30 ft manual furniture truck for 4 years. Was able to eat Taco Bell & drive at the same time & never stalled, go figure????

Anyway guess I’ll have to adapt to this transmission....

OP
OP

jc1986

First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok makes me feel like I’m not crazy: I picked up my 1st Jeep a sport S six-sped on Wednesday and have stalled it far more often than I ever imagined. Thought maybe it was because I haven’t driven a manual on a regular basis in thirtyears & I was behind the times...

I drove a manual for years while in the Marine Corps assigned to a motor pool, when everything was manual. Heck I drove a 30 ft manual furniture truck for 4 years. Was able to eat Taco Bell & drive at the same time & never stalled, go figure????

Anyway guess I’ll have to adapt to this transmission....
It’s been crazy, like the friction zone is sooo narrow and the clutch pressure is so light so you have to be Johnny on the spot or Joanne on the spot with your application of pressure on the left foot and right foot. It is more pronounced in 4hi which surprised me.

Sponsored

Panther69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingray Gladiator Mojave

ARB stubby bumper
Daystar .75” rear spacer
BFG KO2 315/70r17s

Do you feel like the original size RokBlokz do a good job as far as protection for the sides of your truck? Also, love to see the Saltas mounted!! Pumped that they were released

OP
OP

jc1986

First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you feel like the original size RokBlokz do a good job as far as protection for the sides of your truck? Also, love to see the Saltas mounted!! Pumped that they were released
I think the rokblokz regular size are great for what I needed them for. I park in a gravel/ mud parking lot everyday and without them the truck looked like hot garbage and covered with mud no matter what. The regular size with 315s have been great, I feel like they are the appropriate size and I don’t know who or why you would want the longer ones, wider I could see depending on your wheel/tire setup.

I will post photos when I get the saltas mounted I thought I was going to do it on Friday but didn’t get around to it until it was too late and The shop I use is closed on Saturday. Small town shops need their weekends too.

Panther69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingray Gladiator Mojave
I think the rokblokz regular size are great for what I needed them for. I park in a gravel/ mud parking lot everyday and without them the truck looked like hot garbage and covered with mud no matter what. The regular size with 315s have been great, I feel like they are the appropriate size and I don’t know who or why you would want the longer ones, wider I could see depending on your wheel/tire setup.

I will post photos when I get the saltas mounted I thought I was going to do it on Friday but didn’t get around to it until it was too late and The shop I use is closed on Saturday. Small town shops need their weekends too.
I had the AEV Salta XR wheels installed today. I’m pretty stoked about how they came out.

Jeep Gladiator No name stringray JTR 6-spd 85FB4551-CE42-4A35-871C-4B7518C822BF

Jeep Gladiator No name stringray JTR 6-spd 85FB4551-CE42-4A35-871C-4B7518C822BF
Looks awesome!! I love the new design. I have a Sting Gray Mojave on order. Hoping it's hear next week. I plan on going with the black saltas. I have the Onyx Saltas on my silver JKU.

OP
OP

jc1986

First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, opening weekend at the Uwharrie National Forest OHV trails has arrived. I went out there this morning and completed the outer loop of some of their trails. I only did the easy trails since I was out there by myself and didn’t want to hit anything that would require additional support and to do a comparison of how the JTR, Nissan Frontier amd Jeep Grand Cherokee I had. Of all three vehicles I have taken on these trails, the JTR was by far the best hands down (I don’t think there is any doubt anyone would have thought otherwise). I did takes some sweet poser shots on my out though,

Jeep Gladiator No name stringray JTR 6-spd 42FBD5AA-CCE1-4380-B7B7-04158B1B20AA
Jeep Gladiator No name stringray JTR 6-spd C953AF9A-4A41-447C-A6F3-705316B5BA2E

For what I want out of this vehicle, the setup I have of just spacers and the stock rubicon suspension with 35s is excellent. No doubt an AEV or OME suspension would be great upgrade down the road.
Another thing I wanted to check out was if it would stall out as frequently as I had previously. I was pleasantly surprised that I did way better this time. No issues with my clutch or anything either. I was impressed with this shake down trip amd I’m glad I got the season pass also so I’m pretty excited for this years adventures.

OP
OP

jc1986

First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Memorial Day weekend adventure to the mountains of North Carolina. The JTR isn’t going to see anything other than the highway amd maybe the gravel driveway but it looks good in the scenery.
Jeep Gladiator No name stringray JTR 6-spd E439AA74-7E68-41F1-BF0A-70A470BE48BD
Sponsored