First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
Anyone in the Panhandle, South Georgia, or Alabama area find some good deals? I’m in Tallahassee and have reached out to multiple dealers for quotes on a custom build. Hardly any have responded and the ones that do won’t budge off MSRP at best.

I don’t mind traveling, but part of my Gladiator purchase reason is to consolidate vehicles as we have too damn many. So we’ll be trading in. Ideally I’d like to stick to a 5 hour radius (so about as far north as Atlanta). I like the transparency and multiple great experiences seen with TriCity, but this will also be a 20 hour round trip with two vehicles up and the Gladiator back down.

Anyone have any recommendations or experience? I blatantly don’t trust the dealers (sorry!) with multiple terrible experiences. Would be nice to find a dealer that takes care. Love seeing the response of the guys out in Iowa, but that’s just too far.

Thanks!
Tyler
Sponsored

MATANZAS STING RAY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Stingrey Gladiator from Travis
Anyone in the Panhandle, South Georgia, or Alabama area find some good deals? I’m in Tallahassee and have reached out to multiple dealers for quotes on a custom build. Hardly any have responded and the ones that do won’t budge off MSRP at best.

I don’t mind traveling, but part of my Gladiator purchase reason is to consolidate vehicles as we have too damn many. So we’ll be trading in. Ideally I’d like to stick to a 5 hour radius (so about as far north as Atlanta). I like the transparency and multiple great experiences seen with TriCity, but this will also be a 20 hour round trip with two vehicles up and the Gladiator back down.

Anyone have any recommendations or experience? I blatantly don’t trust the dealers (sorry!) with multiple terrible experiences. Would be nice to find a dealer that takes care. Love seeing the response of the guys out in Iowa, but that’s just too far.

Thanks!
Tyler
You answered your own question,,, go to Travis even if the travel time is 20 hrs.... make it an adventure! Just did it myself and absolutely no regrets! Florida Dealers suck and I just said so with the factory after purchase questionaire......

BrandRezake

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Controls Engineer/Entertainment Program Manager
@spazzyfry123 You can trust Travis. He is the real deal. Plus, the ride was FREAKING AWESOME. Top was down he whole way back.

OP
OP
spazzyfry123

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ME
You answered your own question,,, go to Travis even if the travel time is 20 hrs.... make it an adventure! Just did it myself and absolutely no regrets! Florida Dealers suck and I just said so with the factory after purchase questionaire......
@spazzyfry123 You can trust Travis. He is the real deal. Plus, the ride was FREAKING AWESOME. Top was down he whole way back.
We love it up that way. Smokies and Appalachians are my love language. Originally from Atlanta with family that way, so it wouldn't be a terrible trip, but it's nice to understand the options!

I see St. Augustine for @MATANZAS STING RAY . Did you make the trip up and back?

How about @BrandRezake ?

Jacksonville dealers suck.....:(
No joke!

Sponsored

MATANZAS STING RAY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We love it up that way. Smokies and Appalachians are my love language. Originally from Atlanta with family that way, so it wouldn't be a terrible trip, but it's nice to understand the options!

I see St. Augustine for @MATANZAS STING RAY . Did you make the trip up and back?

How about @BrandRezake ?

No joke!
Yes, this weekend ... 8hrs each way... left at noon friday, stayed in Eden friday nite (there's a Hampton and a Baymont across the street). Told Travis I'd be in sat at 930 but I couldn't wait.... showed up at 830, LOL.... Travis met me at my truck.... took about 3 hours to finish paperwork and stayed in Savannah saturday nite..... got home sun about noon....

Frogwopp

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi JT
Just signed with New Smyrna CJD, best experience with dealer I've ever had. Straight answers no BS and give total OTD price. Was able to get 4% below invoice without having to go out of state. Ask for Chase Firestone, great guy easy to work with.

MATANZAS STING RAY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just signed with New Smyrna CJD, best experience with dealer I've ever had. Straight answers no BS and give total OTD price. Was able to get 4% below invoice without having to go out of state. Ask for Chase Firestone, great guy easy to work with.
Good deal! Finally a Florida Dealer coming around! LOL!

Frogwopp

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi JT
The day Gladiator orders opened, I called everyone listed on the Wrangler Forum map. Smyrna has always said they'd give same pricing as JL's. I've just been waiting for color. It was funny and irritating, some of the smug responses from the various dealers.

OP
OP
spazzyfry123

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ME
Good deal! Finally a Florida Dealer coming around! LOL!
I have tried to work a deal with Tallahassee for a week now. I figured the guys that let me keep a LE for a day would at least return my multiple E-mails and phone calls...

Sponsored

MATANZAS STING RAY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have tried to work a deal with Tallahassee for a week now. I figured the guys that let me keep a LE for a day would at least return my multiple E-mails and phone calls...
Give the guy in New Smyrna a call.out .. about a 4 hr ride from you.... Jeeps now accepting FCA discount .... figures right after I got mine from Travis... that would have put me 6 % under factory Invoice pricing!

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
So, I talked to my salesman today and apparently other central Florida dealers complained that they were giving deals and FCA called them to ask what's up. Apparently the Florida region doesn't like the deals others around the country are giving.

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Who cares what they like, screw them.

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
Yea, I found it interesting that FCA seems to turn a blind eye to the dealers charging over MSRP but questions the ones selling for less. The dealers are independent as I understand it. I can see them getting upset if they violate some minimum advertised prices or something but if a dealer can charge more then why can't another charge less.

AncientCityGladiator

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Lariat
Did you use/need an FCA number? They are balking at me since I don't have one.
Sponsored