First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Teacher-Retired Firefighter
According to their website shipping policies doc. they say the sales tax is included in the Website display price yet at check out I’’m chargeD sales tax again.
If this is correct, not only am I paying sales tax twice, the second tax is taxing my first tax as well! See attachment from thier site as well as cart checkout.
Jeep Gladiator Northridge Sales tax 7A90AAF4-7007-49F8-809C-0ABBE41B6DC3

Jeep Gladiator Northridge Sales tax 19C23BF5-5CFA-45C1-B7B3-B9F1B44B49DE
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I bought my stuff from them earlier today, and didn’t get charged sales tax at all. I was shocked. 20% off + no tax + free shipping... Yeah, I’d say it was a win.

Phred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Green Gladiator Rubicon
I too got hit with sales tax on a track bar...

highoctane

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
They’ve been doing this for a few weeks. I stopped shopping with them and started using my local 4wheel parts store. They consistently give 10% or more off but I can pick stuff up in person. If I’m paying sales tax it might as well be at a local store.

OP
OP
Diaster

Diaster

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Yes they are discounting stuff this weekend for Memorial Day, unfortunately the Tazer is not included in the sale. Also for stateS with no sales tax, they do not charge sales taxes, example Oregon

Sponsored

OP
OP
Diaster

Diaster

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Also, I am starting to learn that these off road companies are figuring out we will pay anything. Baja rigid etc. The money that goes into building these lights is minimal we’re talking mass-produce housings and cheap bulk purchased LED elements (I have looked at a lot of Japanese/Chinese builds in comparison to paw designs and rigid and believe it or not quite comparable for 1/10 the cost). The cost to build a $500 light is probably less than 25 bucks, that is why knock offs (a derogatory name used by expensive brands to slander the fair priced models) sell for $40 to a $100. Think about it some of these Name brand lights cost as much as an iPhone or iPad with a minimal percentage of technology or complexity. I know they don’t build as many but still when you think about it a freaking lightbulb for $500. I remember when programmer chips were 100 bucks. And a 6 inch lift with shocks for for my Chevy 3/4 ton was $475. The price for the same kit is ridiculous now! Also, back then a set of 40 inch tall monster mudders was around $900 and they were making less of them back then. It is definitely not a supply and demand issue when you look at all the stock sitting on the shelves and in this time of Covid you would think prices would be dropping because of unemployment and lack of need, just like gasoline did!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes they are discounting stuff this weekend for Memorial Day, unfortunately the Tazer is not included in the sale. Also for stateS with no sales tax, they do not charge sales taxes, example Oregon
Alabama gets charged sales tax online, so I was surprised to see they didn't charge me any... I'm not complaining if they made a screw-up. That's on them. :like:

I see 4WP is offering a no-tax sale weekend this weekend, too.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Also, I am starting to learn that these off road companies are figuring out we will pay anything. Baja rigid etc. The money that goes into building these lights is minimal we’re talking mass-produce housings and cheap bulk purchased LED elements (I have looked at a lot of Japanese/Chinese builds in comparison to paw designs and rigid and believe it or not quite comparable for 1/10 the cost). The cost to build a $500 light is probably less than 25 bucks, that is why knock offs (a derogatory name used by expensive brands to slander the fair priced models) sell for $40 to a $100. Think about it some of these Name brand lights cost as much as an iPhone or iPad with a minimal percentage of technology or complexity. I know they don’t build as many but still when you think about it a freaking lightbulb for $500. I remember when programmer chips were 100 bucks. And a 6 inch lift with shocks for for my Chevy 3/4 ton was $475. The price for the same kit is ridiculous now! Also, back then a set of 40 inch tall monster mudders was around $900 and they were making less of them back then. It is definitely not a supply and demand issue when you look at all the stock sitting on the shelves and in this time of Covid you would think prices would be dropping because of unemployment and lack of need, just like gasoline did!
The 6" Fabtech lift I have on my 2007 Ram 2500 I bought (in 2007) at dealer cost for $925. Now that same lift is over $1,600...

I hate when hobbies become trendy, because that's when prices skyrocket. Look at the cost for those side-by-side things. They went from being $10K new, to now over $20K in just a matter of years... :mad:

OP
OP
Diaster

Diaster

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
4wp. Yes $600 to instal a Teraflex 1.5 leveling lift. That’s $420 labor, $100 for the kit and $80 for alignment (aomost Never needed for small puck lifts). Think about that on. They claim to two hours per side when I see guys on YouTube, sitting in the driveway on their ass doing them in less than an hour per side. So basically the three $280 of what the hell he’s on there quote. As an example Les Schwab quoted me $320 for the same work.

highoctane

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
4wp. Yes $600 to instal a Teraflex 1.5 leveling lift. That’s $420 labor, $100 for the kit and $80 for alignment (aomost Never needed for small puck lifts). Think about that on. They claim to two hours per side when I see guys on YouTube, sitting in the driveway on their ass doing them in less than an hour per side. So basically the three $280 of what the hell he’s on there quote. As an example Les Schwab quoted me $320 for the same work.
A smart person would just buy the parts and install them at home.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Diaster

Diaster

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
A smart person would just buy the parts and install them at home.
that is true, however an even smarter Person would would probably ask this question instead of making that comment lol, “ why not buy it and install at home.” To which my answer could be, “I live in a condo and there is no room, per se, in addition, I would have to buy a jack, $100, jacks stands $50, compressor or impact tools $150+, a torque wrench, $50+ and there odd and ends, not to mention rent shop space of some sort or I could save time and money and have someone (Les Schwaub) do it for me. my point hove is how these companies empty our collective pockets, one little piece at a time. I am more than happy to spend “faire market value” for a product or service, but I/we should not bend over for them!

OP
OP
Diaster

Diaster

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Ok my bad on this. Northridge is selling the Lazer Mini at same price as z automotive. Northridge charges sales tax on top of that. Z automotive says (per that attachment) they have sales tax included. What state or how much or even if any I am nit sure. So z automotive is cheaper. Less 22 in my case 32 tax -10 shipping. so 339 as opposed to Northridge 352.
So there it is, all laid out. Oh one more thing, if you buy from Northridge, you get entered into the super gladiator give-a-way. Think of it as a $22 raffle ticket.
Sponsored