First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Mech Engineer
Meh. The propaganda machine (news) said the same thing about Black Bike Week in Myrtle. More of the same when you get ANY demographic together in such large numbers. It’s obvious at this point who doesn’t understand statistics.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
Fake news or a horrible bluff.

Once the business' have their CPAs do their quarterly, they will see how much money they made.

Like any other large event, the locals get all pissy and whine. But they don't whine when their property taxes don't go up or go down

Sponsored

D3nali

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Gladiator Sport, Acura MDX Typse S, Corolla
From what I have read, most of the trouble comes from non jeepers who show up to cause trouble.
This is what happened to h2o the Audi event in Delaware/ob Maryland. Used to be a great event, then the organizers saw the money from letting other cars come and eventually it became uncontrollable and reckless debauchery losing the roots of the whole thing, and now it’s not even a formal event and people just go that weekend to become reckless.

Breadman

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
If you watch the video it doesn't seem like this is a Jeep exclusive event. Looks like maybe half Jeeps? Never been so don't know for sure.

You can also see a "Drunk Wives Matter" flag and a traitorous loser flag. They're not exactly sending their best, no shock they can't behave like humans.

Fake news or a horrible bluff.

Once the business' have their CPAs do their quarterly, they will see how much money they made.

Like any other large event, the locals get all pissy and whine. But they don't whine when their property taxes don't go up or go down
If you read the article instead of just looking at a headline, it explains that a couple of the business owners made the decision because they previously lost money due to theft.

Sponsored

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
If you watch the video it doesn't seem like this is a Jeep exclusive event. Looks like maybe half Jeeps? Never been so don't know for sure.

You can also see a "Drunk Wives Matter" flag and a traitorous loser flag. They're not exactly sending their best, no shock they can't behave like humans.

If you read the article instead of just looking at a headline, it explains that a couple of the business owners made the decision because they previously lost money due to theft.
I will own it and say I did not read/listen to it.

Maybe I'm bias or partial, but every Jeep owner I have met or interacted with has been as honest as apple pie.

So I own my shit and no offense taken, I'm Gen X, my skin is thick

BourbonRunner

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Money Pit
Occupation
Foole
This is what happened to h2o the Audi event in Delaware/ob Maryland. Used to be a great event, then the organizers saw the money from letting other cars come and eventually it became uncontrollable and reckless debauchery losing the roots of the whole thing, and now it’s not even a formal event and people just go that weekend to become reckless.
As someone who regularly attended H20 back in the early days when it was a BBQ with a car show, yep, it got ruined.

But it never was a money thing allowing other cars, it just became an insane sideshow.

The VAG and German enthusiasts like me would come down. Eventually other car subcultures would hang but it was a more laid back, relaxed event. Sometimes things could get frosty but generally it was well behaved until YouTube videos of Cort spinning around the practice track in his grey market S3 changed the game. All of the sudden it became all about the social media clout and the actual meet went away... But the broccoli headed idiots kept coming and calling it H2O.

MaxStrategery

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22'-3.6, 23'-3.0
lol why is anyone here offended by this? There are some S-tier fucksticks that drive Jeeps and it's no different than any other mass gathering. It's not because they're Jeeps it's because idiots in large numbers.
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”

― Friedrich Nietzsche

OP
OP

lotecredneck

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
wow tony. are you trying to shame people here? whats your deal? did you write the prop piece?
No, I just saw the article and posted it. as a former motorcycle dealer I have seen this before whether it's Jeeps or motorcycles. There is always a bunch of peckerheads that show up and it just seems to escalate....

HooliganActual

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
All of the sudden it became all about the social media clout and the actual meet went away...
And there it is...

I'm not pinning the decline of Western Civilization on Social Media but at events like this it does become a catalyst. I went to Overland Expo West last year and I would wager that 1 in 4 people walking around there were filming for their channel.

Now the Overland Expo type events are different than something like the Jeep Week type events because you park your car in a lot and walk into the event; but events like Jeep Week are about "peacocking". Many people go to "show off" which means finding ways to get likes on YT or TikTok or the Gram. That then just snowballs into dumb@ssery.

I know..."Okay Boomer". I should just sit down and drink my MetaMucil but if I ever catch one of my adult children doing things I see people doing in vidoes of these Jeep Week type events, I will smack them with my cane!!!
Sponsored

Last edited: