First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport S/MT; 2017 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4 HEMI
Occupation
IT
I am hoping to get some experience reviews from folks on a fairly tame 2” lift I am planning. As for use case, I am only going to do light to moderate trail riding and not anything that would require a lot of articulation. I seriously doubt that tire size will ever go over 35” (no matter how cool 37”s look). I am mainly looking at spacer lifts to keep stock spring rates for towing in the future.

My Gobi Sport S with Max Tow is about to be loaded on a train to Boise, so I figured I should get the lift components on the way, too. Here is what I am thinking.

IronRock 2” Spacer with Bilstein shocks
Mopar front lower control arms from their 2” kit
Mopar front and rear sway bar links from 2” kit
Metal Cloak (MC) geo correction brackets
MC 2” front and rear bump stops
MC rear sway bar reinforcement brackets
MC front and rear adjustable track bars

This puts me in Mopar 2” lift kit range price wise, but has a lot more adjustability and potential daily driver improvements over other kits.

What do you all think? I have read a ton of 2” lift threads and have seen a lot of different recommendations, but nothing quite like my plan. I guess I am just wondering if anyone has done something similar and would be willing to share their results.

Thanks!
Sponsored

RCKLNDR

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I tend to frankenlift my Jeeps because different mfgs do different things better so I can appreciate where your are coming. The one thing I’ll note is the redundancy. I think you need to pick the mopar LCAs or the geo brackets. A combo of both is going to put your castor out of spec on a 2” lift.

OP
OP
USMC_1Wire6337

USMC_1Wire6337

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
I tend to frankenlift my Jeeps because different mfgs do different things better so I can appreciate where your are coming. The one thing I’ll note is the redundancy. I think you need to pick the mopar LCAs or the geo brackets. A combo of both is going to put your castor out of spec on a 2” lift.
I was wondering about that, but curios since they have multiple holes to account for lift height correction. Don't mind dropping to save some.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Not a bad list to start.

I would consider the Clayton rear track bar, if you’re going to spend the money, might as well get one with a bend in it in a case you do ever go over a 35 inch tire.

I am going to start replacing a lot of my compliments with metalcloak and Clayton bits as well.

Almost

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD & 09 JKU
I'm not sure I understand your rationale with using spacers vs correct length springs. In every way possible springs are the better option here and will give you more travel with heavier loads vs compressing an already soft spring.

Sponsored

OP
OP
USMC_1Wire6337

USMC_1Wire6337

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
I'm not sure I understand your rationale with using spacers vs correct length springs. In every way possible springs are the better option here and will give you more travel with heavier loads vs compressing an already soft spring.
My thinking I guess is the stock Sport S with Max Tow springs are rated to tow 7,650 pounds. I haven't been able find anything in the way of tow ratings on any of the spring lifts. Frankly, I am an extreme novice and this will be my first lift of anything. I know I will lose some of the tow rating just by going with larger tires and a lift. I don't want to lose more if springs are not tow rated.

Just about everything I have seen has just been marketing buzz words like "better ride", "more articulation" and "stronger than stock". I was originally leaning towards spring lift until I hit the tow rating fog.

I would love any recommendation you might be able to point me towards.

tonywin

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
You can cut that list in half if you go the AEV 2" spacer lift. This kit comes with new swaybar links, bumpstops, shock extensions, and carrier bearing spacers. I went with this kit along with MC trackbars as well as the longer Mopar LCA's. Rides amazing and straight as an arrow.

WhyNotJeep

Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4,,, '14 Wrangler JKUR
Occupation
Done with it
I have spent lots of time rreading and calling spring and lift companies. I put a lift on my 14 JK three times. I am probably going to go Synergy springs and lots of their stuff. Synergy will answer phone call questions.

XJFanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL, 2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
I did something similar to the Wife’s JT max tow

IRO spacer lift with the trail tamer shocks. (Shocks are actually very subtle and absorb bumps great)
Mopar LCA
Synergy rear sway bar drop brackets
JL rear sway bar links on the front
Rock jock carrier bearing drop.
315/70r17

Eventually I will do adjustable front track bar. As well as a rear sway bar relocation bracket to restore factory roll center. But honestly I can’t tell the axles are off center. Remember they use the same track bars on all stock JTs, so they are good at 2” still.

16F7B4ED-BE9D-4719-8C6E-8AD99BC0B484.jpeg

86D23674-4E0A-4B89-88F4-3220F0E4CA7F.jpeg

5AF3DA9A-9B7A-4EBF-BC08-2281568247E6.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
USMC_1Wire6337

USMC_1Wire6337

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
First, thanks everyone for the advice and suggestions. I will definitely be thinking about all of the information shared.

Skip the fixed length Mopar arms and brackets and instead do adjustable arms.
I was thinking relocation brackets to get caster back to stock and controls arms more parallel for better rough handling manners. But I was also considering adjustable at first for more options of larger tires down the road. I really don't think I would ever go passed 35" so was hard for me to justify.

You can cut that list in half if you go the AEV 2" spacer lift. This kit comes with new swaybar links, bumpstops, shock extensions, and carrier bearing spacers. I went with this kit along with MC trackbars as well as the longer Mopar LCA's. Rides amazing and straight as an arrow.
I did look at AEV, but like the idea of adding Bilstein shocks for a little bit more instead of extension brackets with suspect stock shocks. I have also read quite a few folks have added the relocation brackets to the AEV lift with good results.

I have spent lots of time rreading and calling spring and lift companies. I put a lift on my 14 JK three times. I am probably going to go Synergy springs and lots of their stuff. Synergy will answer phone call questions.
I may give them a call then to ask them about tow ratings and manners. I do like the idea of springs to simplify how many parts are a part of the suspension, but wonder at the cost. Not afraid to spend money if needed, but trying to keep to a decent budget if possible.

OP
OP
USMC_1Wire6337

USMC_1Wire6337

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
I did something similar to the Wife’s JT max tow

IRO spacer lift with the trail tamer shocks. (Shocks are actually very subtle and absorb bumps great)
Mopar LCA
Synergy rear sway bar drop brackets
JL rear sway bar links on the front
Rock jock carrier bearing drop.
315/70r17

Eventually I will do adjustable front track bar. As well as a rear sway bar relocation bracket to restore factory roll center. But honestly I can’t tell the axles are off center. Remember they use the same track bars on all stock JTs, so they are good at 2” still.

Jeep Gladiator Not another 2" lift thread; Advice appreciated 5AF3DA9A-9B7A-4EBF-BC08-2281568247E6

Jeep Gladiator Not another 2" lift thread; Advice appreciated 5AF3DA9A-9B7A-4EBF-BC08-2281568247E6

Oh and for front bump stops all you need is 4 hockey pucks, a 3/8 bolt and a drill.
Gotta say that is a good looking Jeep. Did you catch how much drop you had with the monster of a bumper? And I laughed loud enough to wake up the dog on the hockey puck idea. Gotta be a midwest thing....😏

XJFanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL, 2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Gotta say that is a good looking Jeep. Did you catch how much drop you had with the monster of a bumper? And I laughed loud enough to wake up the dog on the hockey puck idea. Gotta be a midwest thing....😏
Thanks! The Jeep dropped about a half inch with the bumper. I am normally a stubby bumper guy but got this Westin for 250 on Facebook. I want to find a cheap set of rubi take off front springs before I throw a winch in there.

The hockey puck thing is real. Been using them for the past 22 years of Jeeping. Adjustable in one inch increments and cheap. It’s so reliable you can buy the same thing for 70 dollars with a fancy name.😉

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...MIpumn08_n9wIVgxitBh2L9wTVEAQYASABEgJrP_D_BwE

or 89 for one with a zinc plated washer.

OP
OP
USMC_1Wire6337

USMC_1Wire6337

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Thanks! The Jeep dropped about a half inch with the bumper. I am normally a stubby bumper guy but got this Westin for 250 on Facebook. I want to find a cheap set of rubi take off front springs before I throw a winch in there.

The hockey puck thing is real. Been using them for the past 22 years of Jeeping. Adjustable in one inch increments and cheap. It’s so reliable you can buy the same thing for 70 dollars with a fancy name.😉

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...MIpumn08_n9wIVgxitBh2L9wTVEAQYASABEgJrP_D_BwE

or 89 for one with a zinc plated washer.
I guess if they can take a direct board strike from a slap shot, then probably good...LOL
Sponsored