Sponsored

Not for tall people

Moabite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
JPFreek Adventure Magazine has posted a video from the Detroit Auto Show describing a potential problem for tall people in the Gladiator.

I believe the video was shot in a vehicle with cloth seats. Apparently leather seats sit even higher and Chrysler is aware of the tall-person issue.

Thankfully, I'm 5'10. The seat in my Scrambler is not height-adjustable but is at the perfect height. I actually added risers under the driver's seat of my '03 Rubicon and drove with the seat in my '13 Rubicon at its highest position. I've always preferred a higher driving position. Looking forward to sitting high in a Gladiator at this year's Jeep Safari if not before.
Sponsored

Last edited:

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
JPFreek Adventure Magazine has posted a video from the Detroit Auto Show describing a potential problem for tall people in the Gladiator.

I believe the video was shot in a vehicle with cloth seats. Apparently leather seats sit even higher and Chrysler is aware of the tall-person issue.

Thankfully, I'm 5'10. The seat in my Scrambler is not height-adjustable but is at the perfect height. I actually added risers under the driver's seat of my '03 Rubicon and drove with the seat in my '13 Rubicon at its highest position. I've always preferred a higher driving position. Looking forward to sitting high in a Gladiator at this year's Jeep Safari if not before.
Looks like leather to me.

Sponsored

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Dude, it’s almost the first thing he said in the video.
Woops. It was muted when I opened it and he managed to say it before I got it unmuted ... ok then. 6'6" said within the first 3 seconds.

Either way, glad I'm not 6'6 or taller.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Dude, it’s almost the first thing he said in the video.
Thanks for checking. Couldn't have the volume on when i scanned the video.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
No surprise...the front half of the Gladiator is a JL Wrangler, and those have been lamented by tall guys since day 1.

I'm 6'3" and 230 lbs. I have very little headroom at the Sport Bar. The roof is fine. It's the Sport Bar that's so close to my head. My right knee rests against the t-case shifter. My left knee rests against the door near the lock switch. The seat cushion isn't deep enough to support my thighs. The seat cushion also has no tilt adjustment to help with comfort. It's an extremely uncomfortable driving position.

I'm shocked that they stripped nearly 2 full inches of width out of the JL/JT. The JK was already borderline too small as it was.

I have very few complaints about the new Jeeps, but the interior space is #1 on the list.

Sponsored

IWantAJeepGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I doubt I'll be able to sit in it tomorrow at the Portland Show, but if I can by some miracle I will report back. I am 6'3" so I might just scrape by...

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
No surprise...the front half of the Gladiator is a JL Wrangler, and those have been lamented by tall guys since day 1.

I'm 6'3" and 230 lbs. I have very little headroom at the Sport Bar. The roof is fine. It's the Sport Bar that's so close to my head. My right knee rests against the t-case shifter. My left knee rests against the door near the lock switch. The seat cushion isn't deep enough to support my thighs. The seat cushion also has no tilt adjustment to help with comfort. It's an extremely uncomfortable driving position.

I'm shocked that they stripped nearly 2 full inches of width out of the JL/JT. The JK was already borderline too small as it was.

I have very few complaints about the new Jeeps, but the interior space is #1 on the list.
sounds like a joy to drive in for a tall person....... I'm going to miss the seat cushion tilt adjustment.

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU
Was the seat height adjustment removed in the JL? Or with the seat already down all the way still tough for us tall folks? I don't recall reading if it was or not.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
That guy in the video is a whinny sob.
There aren't a lot of vehicles, other than full size trucks that can accommodate 6'-6" pointy headed people who make up about 1% of the population...
Sponsored