OP

Anodyne01

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep Gladiator
Very nice and impressive, but how the heck did you get it out?!?! Doesn't look like much room left to work with.
Great question and I’ll let you know when I figure it out. It’s on a crate so I’m thinking the tailgate is coming off and I’m using another truck to pull it down a ramp of some sort .

I’m game for any ideas that doesn’t involve spending a few hundred bucks on rental equipment!

JT614

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Overland '14 JGC Summit '04 TJ Rubi
Vehicle Showcase
Great question and I’ll let you know when I figure it out. It’s on a crate so I’m thinking the tailgate is coming off and I’m using another truck to pull it down a ramp of some sort .

I’m game for any ideas that doesn’t involve spending a few hundred bucks on rental equipment!
Embrace your inner Wally Wallington. Ever since I learned about Wally all my projects start out as one man challenges!

Last edited:

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Have someone come with a forklift, you are likely to tear the hell out of the bed dragging 1500 lb crate out of it. You still have to get it where you want to set it down.

Sponsored

FrankInNordale

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Sport
The buffoonery found on this site never disappoints. Good luck with that! Also, I'm not going to lie by saying I hope you don't mess your new landscaping truck up. I mean how much does it cost to rent a trailer from Uhaul or Home Depot.

Moab

First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Jeep Gladiator Overland, ‘17 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, ‘73 Porsche 914-6 GT,
Impressed with the Gladiator payload....
Ummm yeah about removing it.
I’d suggest you find a friend with a back hoe
or small Bobcat. Wrap that bad boy rock& pallet with heavy duty cargo net and hoist it straight up and out. Any moving that sideways WILL tear up that bed liner/paint.
Good luck!

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250

Since it’s on a crate (like a wooden palette?), just build yourself a nice 5’ high 60* ramp, drop the tailgate, and drive up the ramp :like:

I’m sure it’ll slide out just fine...:CWL:

Or drop $80 on renting a mini backhoe at HD, and pull it out with that.

Your cleanest, and most expensive option will be renting a forklift with a 1 ton capacity. Of course I’m not sure you should tow anything that heavy home with a 3/4 ton rock already in the bed, so it’s a bit of chicken and egg....

Honestly, just do what you gotta do. It’s a truck - if the bed gets scratched up by a staple in the palette, so be it. You could take it to line-x for only a bit more than what it would cost you to rent something that could lift it out cleanly, so in your shoes I’d just suck it up.

Sponsored

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Borrow a large engine hoist, strap and lift the pallet, and pull out from under it.

JeepDreams

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gobi Jeep Renegade. Priors: 2007 Rescue Green Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited