Sponsored

Not recognizing 4L

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator & 2018 Wrangler
When I put my transfer case in 4L it drives like it’s still in 4H, and when I try to lock axles it says “to lock axles shift to 4L”
Currently out in sand hollow (Hurricane UT) from California. Anyone had same issue and have a solve? Obviously I’ve tried shifting through the transfer case and back and still won’t recognize 4L.

068A8F98-EF31-4C8F-9106-E4B8D27DDF3C.jpeg
Sponsored

TroutFishingInAmerica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Sounds like you're not getting it fully into Lo. They can be pretty stiff at first but it will loosen up. There's a few threads about this. Mine was hard to engage Lo at first but now it's a breeze. It might require more force then expected the first several times, but like I said it will loosen up and get better.

OP
OP
JTOverlander21
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator & 2018 Wrangler
This
Sounds like you're not getting it fully into Lo. They can be pretty stiff at first but it will loosen up. There's a few threads about this. Mine was hard to engage Lo at first but now it's a breeze. It might require more force then expected the first several times, but like I said it will loosen up and get better.
Thats not the problem, it will not recognize even 4H to disconnect sway bar. I think it’s the transfer case switch.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Its pretty obvious to tell when you are in 4L when 1st gear tops out at like 6mph. Don't think he's having that issue of being in 4H and thinking it's 4L.