Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac's Tie Downs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Whether or not your Jeep Gladiator comes with the factory track, the bed already has threaded inserts. The pre-drilled holes on the Mac's VersaTie track match the placement of the threaded inserts. The only tool you need to install the track is a #3 Philips screwdriver.

*Note* If your Gladiator has a spray-in bed liner, make sure there is not too much build-up of the urethane material inside the inserts. If so, simply clean them out with a tap.

Mac's VersaTie Track is superior to the factory Jeep track system. Our track allows for adjustability on 1-inch increments, includes a cleaner load-ring and you can remove a load-ring by sliding it 1/2-inch in either direction.

Everything you need is included in the kit:
(3) pieces of Series 1 VersaTie Track
(6) Single-Stud Tie-Down Rings
All necessary stainless steel attachment hardware

For more info, give us a call at 800-666-1586 or order online: https://macs.link/3iG4zQ4

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mac's Tie Downs

Mac's Tie Downs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Product looks great....

Though I see a full-size Dodge shortbed system is $150...and the Gladiator is $275.

Both are pre-drilled.

Can you tell me what the differences are between these two products?
The Dodge shortbed kit only includes two pieces of track and four tie-down rings, while the Gladiator kit includes three pieces of track and six tie-down rings. Yes, they are both pre-drilled but the Gladiator kit track mounting holes are pre-drilled to align with the threaded inserts already drilled in the bed from the factory. Very simple and easy to install with just a Philips screwdriver.

Rubiwoo

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Self Employeed
I like that it is aluminum.

MawkStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Thanks for the reply!

The Dodge shortbed kit only includes two pieces of track and four tie-down rings, while the Gladiator kit includes three pieces of track and six tie-down rings. Yes, they are both pre-drilled but the Gladiator kit track mounting holes are pre-drilled to align with the threaded inserts already drilled in the bed from the factory. Very simple and easy to install with just a Philips screwdriver.

Sponsored

mellendic

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT Security Researcher
Whether or not your Jeep Gladiator comes with the factory track, the bed already has threaded inserts. The pre-drilled holes on the Mac's VersaTie track match the placement of the threaded inserts. The only tool you need to install the track is a #3 Philips screwdriver.

*Note* If your Gladiator has a spray-in bed liner, make sure there is not too much build-up of the urethane material inside the inserts. If so, simply clean them out with a tap.

Mac's VersaTie Track is superior to the factory Jeep track system. Our track allows for adjustability on 1-inch increments, includes a cleaner load-ring and you can remove a load-ring by sliding it 1/2-inch in either direction.

Everything you need is included in the kit:
(3) pieces of Series 1 VersaTie Track
(6) Single-Stud Tie-Down Rings
All necessary stainless steel attachment hardware

For more info, give us a call at 800-666-1586 or order online: https://macs.link/3iG4zQ4

how does this work with caps and other bed attached accessories, racks etc., that are meant for the Jeep trail rails?

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
OP
OP
Mac's Tie Downs

Mac's Tie Downs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
how does this work with caps and other bed attached accessories, racks etc., that are meant for the Jeep trail rails?
While the track is not intended to work with accessories designed for the factory rails, Mac's has fittings that can help. For example, the Mac's threaded stud is a much cleaner option: https://macs.link/3wB3XiR

Check out all our VersaTie track fittings: https://macs.link/35Apc8k

mellendic

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT Security Researcher
While the track is not intended to work with accessories designed for the factory rails, Mac's has fittings that can help. For example, the Mac's threaded stud is a much cleaner option: https://macs.link/3wB3XiR

Check out all our VersaTie track fittings: https://macs.link/35Apc8k

I am specifically asking about the softopper and the Bestop truck topper connecting to this system. I have the trail rail and like it, but your solution is much better, but I use a cap for my dogs.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I would assume you would need to buy some of these: https://www.uscargocontrol.com/products/double-stud-fitting-w-bolt-thread

These would allow you to "bolt" to the rail.
That's where I got my rails and attachments...... uscargocontrol. I love the fact they are black, they are LOW profile so don't stick out when you are already having trouble fitting things into the bed, and it cost me only about 140 - although I did not put a front rail on because I saw no need for MY purposes. I kept my folding chairs in the bags and bungeed them to the rails so they were clear up out of the way of other stuff when I went to the last swap meet (Colorado Springs)
The low profile system is hard to beat - nothing sticking out in the way. I keep the attachments (looks, hooks, etc.) in the rails but you could remove them for an even cleaner rail.

Jeep Gladiator Now Available! Gladiator Bed Track Kit - by Mac's Tie Downs 20210120_174520_HDR

Stainless countersunk internal hex screws to attach. Clean, low profile, etc.
I had to drill mine (big deal, tape to mark spots, put them on my custom drill press table with fence and stops) but having them pre-drilled would have been cool.
No one was selling the JT kit when I did these.
(and I got by cheaper. A front rail would have taken my price up to about 180 or so)

A turn-key package deal will likely be appealing to the non-DIYer especially.

Jeep Gladiator Now Available! Gladiator Bed Track Kit - by Mac's Tie Downs 20210120_174527_HDR

OP
OP
Mac's Tie Downs

Mac's Tie Downs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I am specifically asking about the softopper and the Bestop truck topper connecting to this system. I have the trail rail and like it, but your solution is much better, but I use a cap for my dogs.
We will look into compatibility those particular toppers and get back to you shortly.

jo.jacques

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Willys - Sting Grey
Any chance you'll offer these in black? The aluminum finish gives it a very DIY look :(

NCV3fbdy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB Sprinter 4x4, WS6 Trans Am
I have installed both uscargocontrol and Mac's tie downs in my Sprinter van build. My opinion is that the Mac's feel more substantial and their aluminum finish looks fantastic. If you don't want to use their kit, just buy the l-track from them and cut it to length on your own. I highly recommend them.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.