Numbered LE

Lucifer

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Are the LE's numbered, and if so is there a way to find out my number?
Sponsored

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Are the LE's numbered, and if so is there a way to find out my number?
there is not an easy way for you to find out your number, no. All the badge says is one of... and the vin numbers are not in any discernible order.

Perhaps in the future we may get some kind of numbering scheme...

Pion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator LE, '17 Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Principal
The fact that they aren't individually numbered isn't unusual. There are many multi-hundred thousand supercars that just say "1 of X". Only reason I know this is I watch a ton of Doug DeMuro on youtube and see where he points it out.

grindhouseknives

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
B0B71EDC-8F3C-4587-B9C9-07B9B3BB068D.jpeg
I found this on the back of the rear drivers side seat after I folded it down the first time.
My JT wasn’t made until 07-05 at 18:50 hrs. Hopefully that being a Friday and the day after a holiday doesn’t effect my build quality. Time will tell...
Anyways, since no one has claimed that number that I know of. Mine is #2742 of 4190!

Sponsored

JL-Engineline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none. I just build them
B0B71EDC-8F3C-4587-B9C9-07B9B3BB068D.jpeg
I found this on the back of the rear drivers side seat after I folded it down the first time.
My JT wasn’t made until 07-05 at 18:50 hrs. Hopefully that being a Friday and the day after a holiday doesn’t effect my build quality. Time will tell...
Anyways, since no one has claimed that number that I know of. Mine is #2742 of 4190!
That label is put on by a worker at the supplier.
It's the date and operators number. So if there is an issue with the part, They can trace it back to person who allowed the defective part to be shipped.

Ohh, and if your build date was the day after 4th of July, you're screwed. 1/2 of us were still drunk from the night before and the other 1/2 didn't even make it to work.
I'm kidding, I'm kidding.

grindhouseknives

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
It's the date and operators number. So if there is an issue with the part, They can trace it back to person who allowed the defective part to be shipped.

Ohh, and if your build date was the day after 4th of July, you're screwed. 1/2 of us were still drunk from the night before and the other 1/2 didn't even make it to work.
Thanks for the info - I figured that an 1850 hrs build on the day after the 4th would be way better than a 0700 hrs build. I was hoping most of you guys and gals would be fairly soberish by then!! Tell those folks on the JT line Thank you for making a great truck.

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME

Unrelated... How do I get in for a plant tour during my month stay in Clevelend :fingerscrossed:

JL-Engineline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none. I just build them
Unrelated... How do I get in for a plant tour during my month stay in Clevelend :fingerscrossed:
1st, sorry to hear that you have to be in Cleveland for a month.
Jeep plant doesn't give tours anymore.
Guess you could try and sneak in. Just wear a yellow vest and carry a clipboard, no one will even notice ya.

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

best post ever! :CWL::LOL:

Sponsored

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ME
1st, sorry to hear that you have to be in Cleveland for a month.
Jeep plant doesn't give tours anymore.
Guess you could try and sneak in. Just wear a yellow vest and carry a clipboard, no one will even notice ya.
Tell me about it. Heading back home in another couple weeks. Planning on heading over to Toledo this weekend for the JeepFest, though.

I've got a manufacturing background. I could just say I'm there for an efficiency analysis, right?

JL-Engineline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none. I just build them
Tell me about it. Heading back home in another couple weeks. Planning on heading over to Toledo this weekend for the JeepFest, though.

I've got a manufacturing background. I could just say I'm there for an efficiency analysis, right?
Yes, tell them you need to analyze the blinker fluid efficiency.
And I'll be up at Jeep fest Saturday and a Mud Hens game afterwards.

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services

Tell them you know how to properly manufacture steel bumpers and sprayed in bedliners on the same vehicle. They might start bowing down to you as the one true gladiator

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ME
Tell them you know how to properly manufacture steel bumpers and sprayed in bedliners on the same vehicle. They might start bowing down to you as the one true gladiator
Let's see. I worked at Line-X as a summer job back in the day as well as in engineering and manufacturing for an industrial gearbox manufacturer. I might just be able to make this work! :LOL:
Sponsored