First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
Occupation
Consultant
Just wanted to toss this out in case someone ran across a similar issue.

When I took delivery of my LE I had the dealer put 35’s on it and asked to make sure they recalibrated the speedo.

The speedometer read true to GPS comparisons, but the odometer was tracking 6% lower than GPS trackers or counting mile markers. I started looking at it because my fuel economy seemed extra bad, more so than I expected from my 35” MT tires (life average got to 14mpg by 1800miles).

I got a Taser JL Mini for it and reprogrammed for 35” tires, and now both the odometer and speedometer keep up with a GPS trip tracker.

It seems like I’m getting more than just the 6% back in fuel economy, but it’s too soon to tell really. I’m not sure if the shift patterns are tied in in some way that they changed, it seems like it’s living in higher gears than it was previously, but it could be that I’m paying more attention.

If I remember I’ll update with what I get for fuel economy over the next 1500miles, adjusting for the miles it wasn’t tracking would put my actual previous fuel economy at about 15mpg, which still seems lower than what the tires should’ve been driving me down to.
Sponsored

beram

First Name
Chanse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR, 08 Charger, 01 XR650L, 98 VTR1000F Superhawk
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I think I just discovered this issue this morning. Had the dealer put on 35's (Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35x12.5x17 on stock Rubicon rims), and do the programming adjustment. The dealer I bought it from is approx 420 miles away. Not something I am just going to quickly head back to, but will give a call to. On my drive home I did a couple speedometer checks, and was only about 0.5 to 1 mph off though never really checked the odometer.

This morning when I left my house the odometer was reading 149x (do not recall the last number). I got to work and the odometer is reading 1518. My route I took this morning is approx 14.7 miles. I am planning to do some additional checks on the way home tonight. But that is 20%+ difference which is huge. Mine has been generally showing mid 15s for average mpg currently.

Since you state the Tazer JL Mini worked to resolve your issue I will look into it too.