OP
OP
biodiesel

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
So which oil tests best for the edoDiesel?
There are many good oils for the EcoDiesel. I would be more concerned about when to change the oil vs which oil is the best. Whichever oil you use, I would recommend taking oil samples.

Also, what filter bypasses are people using and does it require more oil to run the bypass?
Insane Diesel appears to be the most popular choice for the EcoDiesel simply because they have a kit designed for it. And yes, the bypass filter will increase your capacity by approximately a quart.
Sponsored

The Welsh Griffin

First Name
TBone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Work in an Oven
I might have bought the wrong pennzoil?
20220512_090005.jpg
20220512_085959.jpg
20220512_085951.jpg

The Welsh Griffin

First Name
TBone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Work in an Oven

Sponsored

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4

ParatusExpeditions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
Interesting, their catalogue isn’t updated nor the official mopar.com website then.

Jeep Gladiator Official 2020+ EcoDiesel Oil Recommendations CEF7F03E-1A91-48CF-9B2C-CFD24B576EED

If that's the case maybe @biodiesel, could you update the first post with the new part #?

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
biodiesel

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
If that's the case maybe @biodiesel, could you update the first post with the new part #?
I updated the front page with "Mopar 68524020AA 5W-40 replaces 68231020AA". Thanks for letting me know.

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.overlandvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
1991 JEEP YJ, 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Specialty Off Road Shop Owner
I hate to beat a dead horse especially where oil in concerned, but I fail to see anywhere in official print that Amsoil's EFM oil meets the MS-12991, API SN or SP requirements. The failed trans/warranty denied thread has me really digging in to what parts and fluids I'm installing into my truck........

Was it at one time and since retracted? Not a single bottle in the shop or on Amsoil's website can I find it? No doubt in my mind it meets/exceeds min standards, but the verbiage in the manual says to use oil that equivalent synthetic oil can be used, but MUST bear the API cert. Amsoil has neither?

Spoke with a tech at Amsoil this morning and he says none of what the manual says matters. Their EFM oil meets the since outdated spec and can be used regardless. of what the manual says. Sure seems like this could put a person in a bad spot if they encountered a bad dealer or district rep?

OP
OP
biodiesel

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
Spoke with a tech at Amsoil this morning and he says none of what the manual says matters. Their EFM oil meets the since outdated spec and can be used regardless. of what the manual says.
As long as the oil meets the EcoDiesel's minimum specs, then it is suitable for use. The United States is different than Canada, so that's where you're seeing some drama. The U.S. has the protections of the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act.

AMSOIL Synthetic Lubricants are Warranty Secure™

"AMSOIL developed the Warranty Secure icon and associated statement to simply and effectively reinforce the truth about warranties and your right to use AMSOIL synthetic lubricants. The statement uses clear, direct language to remind consumers that the law is on their side, while the icon serves to quiet fears consumers may have as a result of misleading or false claims from an OEM, dealership or mechanic. Pursuant to the Magnuson Moss Act, motorists and enthusiasts have the right to use whichever brand of oil they prefer and to practice extended drain intervals without voiding their factory warranties.

AMSOIL stands behind its products and the people who use them. If the OEM claims use of AMSOIL products violates the warranty, contact AMSOIL Technical Services (715-399-TECH)."

rharr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD 3" RKK lift, (former) 95 XJ 5sp 8" lift
As long as the oil meets the EcoDiesel's minimum specs, then it is suitable for use. The United States is different than Canada, so that's where you're seeing some drama. The U.S. has the protections of the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act.

AMSOIL Synthetic Lubricants are Warranty Secure™

"AMSOIL developed the Warranty Secure icon and associated statement to simply and effectively reinforce the truth about warranties and your right to use AMSOIL synthetic lubricants. The statement uses clear, direct language to remind consumers that the law is on their side, while the icon serves to quiet fears consumers may have as a result of misleading or false claims from an OEM, dealership or mechanic. Pursuant to the Magnuson Moss Act, motorists and enthusiasts have the right to use whichever brand of oil they prefer and to practice extended drain intervals without voiding their factory warranties.

AMSOIL stands behind its products and the people who use them. If the OEM claims use of AMSOIL products violates the warranty, contact AMSOIL Technical Services (715-399-TECH)."
Warranty Secure is bunch of Horse Sh*t with flowers planted on top so you don't notice the sh*t below.

It's a bunch of legal weasel language that requires very specific conditions to be honored, and is written to favor Amsoil and not the consumer, it is intended to fool lay people who don't read the thing with a legal lens into thinking everything is all roses. Then they throw around MM act to make it smell even better, even though there is no legal correlation.

Below talks more about it in detail.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...n-warranty-for-using-amsoil.60204/post-993192

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.overlandvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
1991 JEEP YJ, 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Specialty Off Road Shop Owner
We in the US are "Supposed" to be protected by the MM act, but the tech said something about Canadians not having the same type of act/protection we do. I sure don't want to find out the hard way.

I'm sure there are facts and conversations being left out of the transmission guy's posts. It's only one side, but it surely doesn't sound fair from what has been reported to us.
Sponsored