Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

For full official JL Wrangler specs see this page: 2018+ Jeep Wrangler JL Specifications / Specs

|2-Door Wrangler (JL)|4-Door Wrangler (JLU)
Length|166.6 in (2.8 in longer than JK) |188.2 in (3.8 in longer than JKU)
Width (w/o mirrors)|73.9 in (0.2 in wider than JK) |73.9 in (0.2 in wider than JKU)
Wheelbase|96.8 in (1.4 in longer than JK) |118.4 in (2.4 in longer than JKU)
Track|64.4 in (2.5 in wider than JK) |64.4 in (2.5 in wider than JKU)
Water Fording Depth|30 in (at 5 mph) (same as JK) |30 in (at 5 mph) (same as JKU)

2018-Jeep-Wrangler-JL-JLU-Dimensions-Length-Width-Track.jpg

For full official JL Wrangler specs see this page: 2018+ Jeep Wrangler JL Specifications / Specs
Sponsored

Last edited:

Revelation17

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 Corvette; '19 JLRU (Manual, Firecracker red)
Occupation
slave for "the man"
Vehicle Showcase
Nice to finally have solid numbers. It's smaller than I expected. Any word on height? Planning on potentially doing a roof rack and a lift. Wondering how much space I have to work with before I take out the garage door.

Pete

MockBarbecue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeeps
We knew a length increase was inevitable. That it is nothing near the rumored 8in makes me very happy. Road manners should be well improved over the 3rd Gen via the increases to wheelbase and track. Really the only thing this doesn't tell us is the turning radius.

The door tag is really cool, but why have dimensions for both Jeeps? If I have a JLU, then just put a jamb tag in showing the unlimited specs, the two door info would be irrelevant.

Tag is located on the tailgate if anyone was wondering.

Screen Shot 2017-11-06 at 9.44.31 AM.png

Last edited:

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
T
I'm okay with the length increases, we knew it was inevitable, and nothing near the rumored 8in makes me happy. Road manners should be well improved over the 3rd gen wranglers. Really the only thing this doesn't tell us is the turning radius.

The door tag is really cool, but why have dimensions for both Jeeps? If I have a JLU, then just put a jamb tag in showing the unlimited specs, the two door info is irrelevant.
The length should make the interior a touch more comfortable too hopefully! 2.4” to wheelbase should make it more stable on road and safer!

Sponsored

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver 2018 JLUS!, 2016 Tahoe
Do we have any info on the size of the hardtop yet? Need to plan for my lift system and to make sure i have enough room in my garage!

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
The wider track is for the Rubicon models? Sport and Sahara will most likely be unchanged from JK?

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
The track width for the JK Rubicon, Sport and Sahara models were all the same no (61.9 inches)?
I guess my question is since the JL Rubi has wider axles, does that mean the track and overall width is greater than the JL Sport and Sahara or do the Rubi wheels have more offset so the track and width is same as Sport and Sahara? Does the Rubi get wider fenders than Sport?

I wonder if this dimension plate is specific to each model or the same for all three models.

ERAUGrad04

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 1956 Oval VW, Model X
@JAY - Any thoughts on how the "wide" M220 axle plays into the track number?

Sponsored

SamJ

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLUR- 6 Speed
We knew a length increase was inevitable. That it is nothing near the rumored 8in makes me very happy. Road manners should be well improved over the 3rd Gen via the increases to wheelbase and track. Really the only thing this doesn't tell us is the turning radius.

The door tag is really cool, but why have dimensions for both Jeeps? If I have a JLU, then just put a jamb tag in showing the unlimited specs, the two door info would be irrelevant.

Tag is located on the tailgate if anyone was wondering.

Screen Shot 2017-11-06 at 9.44.31 AM.png

Unfortunately it all comes down to cost. The tailgates are the same on the two models so in order to save time they just add specs for both.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 JT
For full size 11 a-side pitches, FIFA defines minimum dimensions of 45m x 90m and max dimensions of 90m x 120m. For official matches or international competition, FIFA has set minimum football pitch measurements to 64m x 100m and max to 75m x 110m.
I often wondered...Huh?

Frencherator

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White JKU Sport, 2018 White JLU Rubicon (PRE-ORDERED)
Occupation
Firearms/Photography
Pretty happy about the water fording depth.. My buddy killed his rear diff and seized his engine crossing about 30 inches of water in his Cherokee Trailhawk last month.. I guess he should've checked the depth before plunging.

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
Glad to see the rumored 4" additional width is a no-show.
Sponsored