Sponsored

Okay, I may catch flak for this question, but.... where is the Sirius antenna?

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
Honestly, I don't really know where the Sirius antenna is. You know, that shark-fin looking thing on most cars, obviously it can't be on top of the cabin, so where did they hide it? Or, is it rolled up into the regular antenna somehow?
Sponsored

Sponsored

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
@TexasJeeper

Because of it's location on the sound bar, if you install any type of roof mounted racks, etc., the rack or whatever will screw up XM reception. There is an aftermarket bracket for the XM receiver that allows for an XM receiver to be placed up front in a different spot that is unaffected by a roof rack, etc..
https://maximus-3.com/home/maximus-3-jl-satellite-antenna-relocation-bracket

Jeep Gladiator Okay, I may catch flak for this question, but.... where is the Sirius antenna? 30EE05F1-1BFE-45A6-AB2A-EF360C3E0653
If you install the sound matting insulation, there is a foil layer to it. You aren't supposed to cover the area that goes above those if you use the Sat system.

OP
OP
texanjeeper

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
Aha ! I love learning something new as well. Thanks guys !

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
@TexasJeeper

Because of it's location on the sound bar, if you install any type of roof mounted racks, etc., the rack or whatever will screw up XM reception. There is an aftermarket bracket for the XM receiver that allows for an XM receiver to be placed up front in a different spot that is unaffected by a roof rack, etc..
https://maximus-3.com/home/maximus-3-jl-satellite-antenna-relocation-bracket

Jeep Gladiator Okay, I may catch flak for this question, but.... where is the Sirius antenna? 30EE05F1-1BFE-45A6-AB2A-EF360C3E0653

Hey thats a fruity or whatever they call them! Easter egg. Whatever. It says jeep on the top of the sound bar so the alien up there know what you are driving.

Sponsored

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
So if I unhook that, Sirius xm stops working? Just it just turn to static or some message about "acquiring signal"? I only like one station and only about 20% of the time.
Sometimes I just want peace and quiet and I can't "pause" the radio, so I have to play pandora from the phone and hit pause on it.
Sure I could just turn the volume to zero but I want voice commands to still work.
:jk:

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
So if I unhook that, Sirius xm stops working? Just it just turn to static or some message about "acquiring signal"? I only like one station and only about 20% of the time.
Sometimes I just want peace and quiet and I can't "pause" the radio, so I have to play pandora from the phone and hit pause on it.
Sure I could just turn the volume to zero but I want voice commands to still work.
Just change your input to the Aux port or a USB port. If nothing is attached or playing, you get silence.

I guess you could also try fashioning a foil hat to go over the satellite antenna.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Voice commands still work if you turn the volume down. The voice command volume is separate.

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Have you tried the mute button on your dash? Instant peace and quiet from radio yet all other audibles work.

C8DC782E-46B9-495F-A257-2FB6767E3E0D.jpeg