First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
In a way the biker is in the wrong, actually picked up speed into situation, passed all the cars slowing down, then instead of waiting, goes into turn lane and is on the guys truck, creating a confrontation that didn't have to happen.... Takes two to Tango. just saying......jack

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jefe1018

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
In a way the biker is in the wrong, actually picked up speed into situation, passed all the cars slowing down, then instead of waiting, goes into turn lane and is on the guys truck, creating a confrontation that didn't have to happen.... Takes two to Tango. just sayimg......jack
Agreed. I don’t ride bikes because people in vehicles are well, not so understanding just how exposed bikers are.

In a car, you T-Bone someone like this and there’s metal carnage and insurance payouts. On a bike there’s ground beef and a funeral.

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
In a way the biker is in the wrong, actually picked up speed into situation, passed all the cars slowing down, then instead of waiting, goes into turn lane and is on the guys truck, creating a confrontation that didn't have to happen.... Takes two to Tango. just sayimg......jack
Part of being a responsible driver is keeping your cool and driving defensively when necessary - the biker failed on both counts. The truck was a jerk and you can be mad, but how sad is your life that you feel the need to hit someone else's car and lecture them?

Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Part of being a responsible driver is keeping your cool and driving defensively when necessary - the biker failed on both counts. The truck was a jerk and you can be mad, but how sad is your life that you feel the need to hit someone else's car and lecture them?
exactly. At no point can a motorcycle rider expect any other driver to give a F about them, if you dont ride defensively then its youre own butt on the pavement. Ive rode for almost a decade now, no issues.

Initial-Jeep

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 392XR on order
Occupation
Software Engineer
Someone is but it's not the Jeep driver.

Yeah, he shouldn't have been blocking lanes like that BUT--

--the crotch-rocket dude is going 53 in a 35 on a busy road with the traffic stopped to his right and the Jeep can barely be seen from the bike but the biker expects the Jeep driver to see him KNOWING (if he has any awareness, which seems he doesn't) that we're trained to track horizontal objects in traffic (cars, trucks) and not vertical ones (bikes, pedestrians).

From the Jeep driver's perspective, some jerk out of the blue starts yelling and banging on his truck.

He's lucky he didn't eat that camera.

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
The JT was making a legal U turn and had nowhere to go but stop because the traffic in front of him had stopped. For the JT to get out of the way at that moment he would have had to rear end the vehicle in front of him. In the mean time the motorcycle was nowhere around the point of being visible to the JT driver. The motorcycle then kept speeding toward the stopped truck and did the whole thing for the video opportunity he could post on the internet. I used to ride a motorcycle and riding like that is what'll get you killed. He did it on purpose to make some kind of video statement. What a low-life.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
The guy had Florida plates. Lots of different U turn laws in Florida. Anyone from Florida want to chime in?

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator - Overland - Gator
Disagree.

The JT guy admits he’s making a U-Turn—he does not have right of way.

Despite that, he is also cutting off other drivers in the other lane.

Those go pro’s have a funny distortion to them—the bike wasn’t as far as it seems when JT decided to cut him off like a sick pair of acid washed jeans.

On top of that, he can’t just admit he made a bad move, just tries to defend it.

I’m not defending the motorcycle guy slapping the truck, but Dwayne The Beach Pebble Johnson could have just tossed up the “I’m sorry” wave, dipped his head, and avoided a potentially escalated confrontation.

Sponsored

Bucephalus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator/ 20 AMG GLB 35/ 02 Ranger/ 06 BMW M3
Occupation
Laboratory and Medical Supplies
The guy had Florida plates. Lots of different U turn laws in Florida. Anyone from Florida want to chime in?
The guy on the bike over reacted. What bugs me is all the idiots trashing Gladiators on that redditsub. whatevs. I'm happy with my truck.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Haters gunna hate. Reddit may as well be twitter.

The guy on the bike over reacted. What bugs me is all the idiots trashing Gladiators on that redditsub. whatevs. I'm happy with my truck.

Adawg1203

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
I'm a motorcyclists and in this instance the motorcyclists is in the wrong.

Listen to the video. What do you hear happening first. Oh, the motorcyclists revving the engine. Meaning pulling in the clutch (disengaging gear) and hitting the throttle as a way to alert the driver 'hey I'm here don't you see me'.

If the cyclist had time to 'see' what was happening ahead (they did), instead of revving the engine, that was the time to hit the brakes. There was PLENTY of time to react to this situation. At no time was the motorcyclist in immediate danger. No skid, and they stopped in time using a VERY basic swerve maneuver. Trust me the bike, which brakes in half the distance of a car, could have safely come to a complete stop with no issue. I feel the biker did what they did more for dramatic effect sadly to say.

As a biker it Is YOUR responsibility to drive defensively and assume others on the road do not see you.

OP
OP
Jefe1018

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Haters gunna hate. Reddit may as well be twitter.
Reddit can be worse than twitter in that it is almost 100% anonymous, unless you provide details on your life yourself where as twitter is more of a traditional form of social media.

Last edited:

Daddiator54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Freedom
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Floridian here. U-turns are a very common because city road planning officials are idiots here so u-turns are necessary. As long as there’s not a “no u-turn” sign posted (which there isn’t in this case) then he was legal to make a u-turn so long as he can safely yield to oncoming traffic. With that being said, it looked like all oncoming traffic was slow/stopped except for that biker who was debatably far enough away. I would have made that u-turn myself under those circumstances. If the person recording was a car and not a bike, the person would have just slowed down and waited for the gladiator to complete the u-turn. At worst, he maybe would have honked his horn and that was it.

summary
Jeep Gladiator Okay which one of us is this? Bad driver, language warning 1640386904828
Sponsored