Sponsored

On board air: what’s it going to cost me all in ?

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Considering an on board air set up to run air lockers, a small tank for air tools and horns and airing back up 37’s efficiently. What’s a decent set up capable of this going to cost me in parts and labor? ARB or Vair or comparable.
Sponsored

LaterGator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator
Mine was about $300 all in for ARB single compressor mounted under the hood. I used the Aux switch to turn it on/off. I only use for tires. I find battery tools are more practical than air tools (no air lines to drag around and can be recharged from the onboard inverter.

Rummie

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.siestakeyrum.com
Vehicle(s)
20 JT, 15 JKU, 22 BMW 4, Challenger R/T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rum
Vehicle Showcase
I have a portable Viair that I have used for 35s on my Wrangler. I don't know for certain but i suspect you will want the dual ARB for 37s.

Gunlovebirds1024

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Not going to add up what I spent after compressor and tank with mounts. Problem is it is hard to stop. Have a tank so I need a pressure gauge. Need bleeders and safety valve. Where to mount the chuck - new 4xE cowl and door. All the hoses and various fittings. Metal braid hose for heat? Heat shield for hose? Don’t forget the actual filler tool.

start when ready to spend $1k. (This is just me and my adventure)

Sponsored

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
Not going to add up what I spent after compressor and tank with mounts. Problem is it is hard to stop. Have a tank so I need a pressure gauge. Need bleeders and safety valve. Where to mount the chuck - new 4xE cowl and door. All the hoses and various fittings. Metal braid hose for heat? Heat shield for hose? Don’t forget the actual filler tool.

start when ready to spend $1k. (This is just me and my adventure)
Yup. From everything that I’ve read, OP is going to want the dual-compressor unit.

I started pricing out an ARB dual-compressor setup. For how I’d want to do it (under seat or seat back mount), I’d be looking at $1,000 or so. Emphasis on the “or so.” 🤣

That’s not counting a Kraken kit (if I decide to go under-seat and that route). I’m on their August dibs/pre-order list), install (if I decide to outsource the work…as OP alluded to), etc.

If you’re paying to have it installed, I’m guessing that you’re looking at $1,500+ (Figure $100+/hr for labor), depending on how you want to mount the compressor, run the wires and hoses, and how you want the tank mounted (will need some kind of bracket for that).

kgc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
I also have an ARB single mounted under the hood. I have the chuck coming right off the compressor, and also F&R ARB lockers. I did not need an extra mount.... So just the compressor and the hose kit was like $350? There are fancier options but it gets the job done just fine. I can inflate my 37s from 13 to 28 in about 12-13 minutes.

First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
southeastoverlandadventures.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
I also have an ARB single mounted under the hood. I have the chuck coming right off the compressor, and also F&R ARB lockers. I did not need an extra mount.... So just the compressor and the hose kit was like $350? There are fancier options but it gets the job done just fine. I can inflate my 37s from 13 to 28 in about 12-13 minutes.
Any chance you could share some photos or part numbers of your install?

I have a dual compressor with the manifold and would like to run on-board air in addition to air for the front and rear lockers. Any info would be much appreciated!

21Moja

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Master Distiller
I have a portable Viair that I have used for 35s on my Wrangler. I don't know for certain but i suspect you will want the dual ARB for 37s.
This...I have used my Viair 450P tons and have no regrets at all. Im not running lockers on it but it has been a champ since purchased for 300.00...

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
I’m running a dual ARB with the Kraken kit under the passenger seat. I have between 900 and $1k in it. A nice thing about this set up is it’s 100% duty cycle…meaning you run it till the cows come home. I gave my Viair to my buddy who’s much handier than I and is gabbing a system for his JL. Unfortunately, the Viair is only 30% duty cycle I think. It doesn’t have near the volume of air and it may need to stop and cool for a bit. To aid in ARB efficiency, the under seat air vent dumps 3-4 inches from the non air intake side. It’s also in a minimally used location.

Don’t worry about air tools or an air tank. Get you a set of DeWalt impacts and call it a day. They are that good. I just picked up the ratchet and it’s 50% more torque than the Milwaukee.

The system will be simple to remove if that time ever comes as we’ll.

Sponsored

kgc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Any chance you could share some photos or part numbers of your install?

I have a dual compressor with the manifold and would like to run on-board air in addition to air for the front and rear lockers. Any info would be much appreciated!
Sure thing, my compressor is a single though, not sure if a double would fit in this space. I've attached a few photos here. Excuse the dirt....
Jeep Gladiator On board air: what’s it going to cost me all in ? tempImagen7cSwy
Jeep Gladiator On board air: what’s it going to cost me all in ? IMG_3912

Here's a youtube video that shows where I mounted my compressor (not my video): . Essentially just remove the engine cover and use the front passenger bracket to mount the compressor on.

I ran a 60" reinforced ARB hose to the front axle and 120" + 60" ARB hoses to the rear. I can look up the exact part numbers and fittings I ordered for the hoses if you'd like, just DM me. ARB 171302 was the hose kit I used that had the nice quick disconnect fitting.

First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
southeastoverlandadventures.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Sure thing, my compressor is a single though, not sure if a double would fit in this space. I've attached a few photos here. Excuse the dirt....

Here's a youtube video that shows where I mounted my compressor (not my video): . Essentially just remove the engine cover and use the front passenger bracket to mount the compressor on.

I ran a 60" reinforced ARB hose to the front axle and 120" + 60" ARB hoses to the rear. I can look up the exact part numbers and fittings I ordered for the hoses if you'd like, just DM me. ARB 171302 was the hose kit I used that had the nice quick disconnect fitting.
Awesome, thanks!! I would like the part numbers and will send you a DM.
Sponsored