First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
Just got the propaganda in my mailbox, I can let my GaiaGPS lapse now.

https://www.onxmaps.com/offroad/app/features/carplay

Ironically or not, I use an Android for phone stuff, and Android Auto works fine since last year with OnX. BUT - I like the big honkin' screen on the iPhone 13 Pro Max, so I used GaiaGPS for its CarPlay support and put OnX on the phone screen.

Glad to see active development taking place, I just this AM sent my oldest son an OnX map of "his" ranch.
Sponsored

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Just got the propaganda in my mailbox, I can let my GaiaGPS lapse now.

https://www.onxmaps.com/offroad/app/features/carplay

Ironically or not, I use an Android for phone stuff, and Android Auto works fine since last year with OnX. BUT - I like the big honkin' screen on the iPhone 13 Pro Max, so I used GaiaGPS for its CarPlay support and put OnX on the phone screen.

Glad to see active development taking place, I just this AM sent my oldest son an OnX map of "his" ranch.
I haven't tried out OnX. Wife has an Insane audio head unit in her JLU, guess I should try it out on there.

Elff

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Rubicon, Buell XBRS
Occupation
Interwebs
Vehicle Showcase
I tested GAI and it didn't have good support for the trails I run.
We use Maprika here and it works great, it just does not have CarPlay support. But it is 100% free.

I'd be curious to see how OnX does locally and will test it at the end of the month. Since I have a new Gladiator, I get 6 months, but still not sure I would pay for it.
Sponsored