First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Air Force
I have an overland, was contemplating different lifts and wheel set ups i wanted. Then I got the orders overseas and found out I have to have factory optioned suspension.
I got an awesome deal on Mojave springs, and even more killer deal on a set of rubi shocks. I was going to go with falcons, but those would have been almost 5 times what i got the rubis for.

I feel like I should just send it, i havent seen anyone else swap in Mojave springs on an Overland....

Maybe Ill just build a Mojaverland...

Jeep Gladiator Operation full send... screw it. Never-Go-Full-Retard

Jeep Gladiator Operation full send... screw it. flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u1
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Gladiator Operation full send... screw it. silly

Jeep Gladiator Operation full send... screw it. mybrainhurts

OP
OP

friskeljr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Air Force
I think during my nights of insomnia that you have an overland that you swapped in different things. at least the profile pic looks familiar.

if it was you, still likeing the rubi stuff

OP
OP

friskeljr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Air Force
forgot, this was the chart where i saw the rubi and mojave shocks have very similar travel and dimensions

Screenshot_20210718-194059_Gallery.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP

friskeljr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Air Force
its gonna happen. just got the shocks in today

20210723_133018.jpg

OP
OP

friskeljr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Air Force
heres for the negative nancies. same spot in garage and on jeep. just the front. turning jeep around in garage now to do the back.

20210731_193016.jpg

20210731_220146.jpg

20210731_204558.jpg

20210731_215516.jpg

OP
OP

friskeljr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Air Force
heres the gain on the back and before and after

20210731_193027.jpg

20210801_141024.jpg

20210731_192548.jpg

20210801_143323.jpg

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I think during my nights of insomnia that you have an overland that you swapped in different things. at least the profile pic looks familiar.

if it was you, still likeing the rubi stuff
I feel as if the Rubicon rear shocks (the Rubicon Fox take-offs) are bouncing like the original Overland rears did. Hit a bump or pavement dip and the rear bounces like it did originally.
The ride is harsh - likely the combination of extra weight from the steel bumper, winch on the front and the max tow rear springs. It definitely is a harsher ride across rough tracks, our pavement buckles and pot holes. Repairs and patches in the roads are harsh.
It seems as if it has gotten worse with time.
I don't like the bounce the rear end has after a year with the Fox shocks.

What I like is that the truck's butt doesn't sag with payload like it used to. There was a time when 500-600 pounds in the back dropped the back badly. Now it doesn't drop it much at all. 350 pounds of trailer tongue drops it only about 1/2". It used to drop it much more.

I figure swapping the Rubicon fox shocks on buys time - but mine didn't really hold up well.

OP
OP

friskeljr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Air Force
I feel as if the Rubicon rear shocks (the Rubicon Fox take-offs) are bouncing like the original Overland rears did. Hit a bump or pavement dip and the rear bounces like it did originally.
The ride is harsh - likely the combination of extra weight from the steel bumper, winch on the front and the max tow rear springs. It definitely is a harsher ride across rough tracks, our pavement buckles and pot holes. Repairs and patches in the roads are harsh.
It seems as if it has gotten worse with time.
I don't like the bounce the rear end has after a year with the Fox shocks.

What I like is that the truck's butt doesn't sag with payload like it used to. There was a time when 500-600 pounds in the back dropped the back badly. Now it doesn't drop it much at all. 350 pounds of trailer tongue drops it only about 1/2". It used to drop it much more.

I figure swapping the Rubicon fox shocks on buys time - but mine didn't really hold up well.
i got a killer deal on rubi take off for this. figured they would do while i save up for falcons, or something else. so far it is amazingly better. probly cause they are newish shocks. definately a good change from stock overland crap

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
350 pounds of trailer tongue drops it only about 1/2". It used to drop it much more.
ive thought that I got shotty jtmt springs from the outset. My TT droped the rear a good bit with 450lbs of tongue weight. Its been a while but I remember it being in the area of 1.5-2in of drop. Enough that I got the airlift bags.

I actually just recently got a pair of 2021 jtmt take off that are on their way. Im wondering if theyll make a difference

mine didnt last either. I got a set of fox 2.0s im very pleased with.
Sponsored