Sponsored

Opinions: bed cover options?

OverlandJack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Hi all,

After having to sell my 2002 TJ a few years ago, I finally got into a new 2020 Gladiator Rubicon!

Looking at different bed cover options.

What does everyone prefer? Any specific brands or models that folks like? I've been looking at the Tonneau folding covers. I've got my eye on the Backflip F1 and the MX4. I've heard the aluminum MX4 may scratch a bit more than then fiberglass F1.

Thanks
Sponsored

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
I love the OEM roll up cover that came with mine. I don’t store anything back there that needs secured though.

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep Compass Limited, Audi Q8
I do like my OEM roll up.

Quadratec

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quadratec.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Wrangler
Hi all,

After having to sell my 2002 TJ a few years ago, I finally got into a new 2020 Gladiator Rubicon!

What does everyone prefer? Any specific brands or models that folks like? I've been looking at the Tonneau folding covers. I've got my eye on the Backflip F1 and the MX4. I've heard the aluminum MX4 may scratch a bit more than then fiberglass F1.

Thanks

Hey there!

Here are some of the popular options that we offer:

Mopar:

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/soft-roll-up-bed-tonneau-cover-jeep-gladiator-jt-82215615

ri-fold-tonneau-bed-cover-jeep-gladiator-jt-closed.jpg

Rugged Ridge Armis Soft folding Bed Cover:

https://www.quadratec.com/p/rugged-ridge/armis-soft-folding-bed-cover-jeep-gladiator-jt

idge-armis-soft-folding-bed-cover-jt-13550.21-main.jpg

Here are all of the options that we offer:

Truck Bed Tonneau Covers

We do also offer a forum discount! Just PM me with your name, address and any part numbers you are interested in and I would be happy to get you a quote!

Thank you!
Hailey

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
In the end, the only opinion that matters is yours.

You're going to have to decide what you want and why you want it.

Just something to cover the bed and keep things fairly dry and maybe help with MPG's?
Then a soft roll up, and you can get one for under $200 on Amazon. It is for a Colorado/Canyon and fits just fine and seals fairly well.

Something solid with better security? Hard tri-fold all the way up to gull wing type aluminum bed cover (Diamond Back).

Bed cap? Soft or hard? You have several choices on hard and 1 choice on soft.

You need to narrow down YOUR needs, then ask questions about specific brands.

Sponsored

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
I am really happy with the Mopar Tri Fold Hard Cover. About as "secure" as you can get with tailgate closed and locked. I like how it sits flush.

Only drawback thus far is that it limits some of the additional accessories you can get like bed extenders, etc. Also limits height of coolers. Also cannot secure the final section opened like you can with some of the aftermarket hard covers that have shocks.

Empty Pockets

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S, Sting Ray, 6 Speed (YES!)
I have the Under Cover Ultra Flex. It is fantastic. The thing that sets it apart from other tri-fold hard covers is the ability to fold it flat against the back of the cab when you need the full bed length. It removed entirely in about a minute, too. Expensive? Yes. But totally worth it. If you want to protect your hunting gear, golf stuff, whatever valuables you may have.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I got the Tyger Tri-Fold on mine. Got it on sale for $170 a few weeks back. It easy to remove and install, both takes about 10 minutes or less.

Jeep Gladiator Opinions: bed cover options? IMG_20200423_160359
Jeep Gladiator Opinions: bed cover options? IMG_20200423_194436

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer

Thanks
I got the Fas-Top Travel Package. Gives you a roll-up tonneau, AND a folding soft topper, for about a grand. And both stay on the bed at the same time, so you can use either at will.

Sponsored

mojocho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I like the Rugged Ridge hard rolling, but you need the trail rail. I thought I had heard they now are able to attach without the trail rail, but not seen confirmation.

I want hard, but not folding as you lose to much bed space.

Hey there!

Here are some of the popular options that we offer:

Mopar:

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/soft-roll-up-bed-tonneau-cover-jeep-gladiator-jt-82215615

Rugged Ridge Armis Soft folding Bed Cover:

https://www.quadratec.com/p/rugged-ridge/armis-soft-folding-bed-cover-jeep-gladiator-jt

Here are all of the options that we offer:

Truck Bed Tonneau Covers

We do also offer a forum discount! Just PM me with your name, address and any part numbers you are interested in and I would be happy to get you a quote!

Thank you!
Hailey

Cleankat

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I have the Under Cover Ultra Flex. It is fantastic. The thing that sets it apart from other tri-fold hard covers is the ability to fold it flat against the back of the cab when you need the full bed length. It removed entirely in about a minute, too. Expensive? Yes. But totally worth it. If you want to protect your hunting gear, golf stuff, whatever valuables you may have.
Agree I have it as well and am super pleased with it. Low profile too so it looks nice.

capercrew02

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep WJ, BMW i3, Red JTR.
How did this attach? Do you like the fabric of the X4?
The x4 attaches in the bed bolt holes at the front and rear of the bed rail. (Trail rail not required) and the top of the cover is a leather type cover, looks very nice, low profile, and easy to use. Just waiting on my rhino rack parts to arrive for the rack system. (Quarantines making for delays)

OP
OP
OverlandJack

OverlandJack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Thanks for all of the input, I decided to go with the Bak Revolver x4, can’t wait for it to arrive.
Sponsored