Opinions on purchasing a gladiator

Jkianka

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3
Hello, I’m considering on purchasing a new gladiator. I don’t have any intentions at the moment on doing any mods, mostly just for taking kayaks, bikes and enjoying the convertible aspect. The vehicle look absolutely amazing. Unfortunately, I wrapped up a lemon law on 2021 RAM 1500 in March over a stop start issue that I was having. So, my faith in FCA/Stellantis is not at a high point. Every vehicle has issues as I get, but was looking to see if I can get some impartial opinions on the reliability of the gladiator. Thanks so much!

John
p.s. To all my fellow Marines, ooh rah! Semper Fi!
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fiat 124 Spider, 2023 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome to the forum!

We buy Jeeps on emotion, period.

The moment we try to justify a purchase on rational things like reliability, fuel economy, or safety, we veer away from Jeeps.

Once we understand and accept this, owning a Jeep becomes easy —and addictive.

Last edited:

Sponsored

jay21mojave

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Gladiator 2013 JKU Sport '09 Patriot
Occupation
Sales Acct Mgr - OEM Wholesale DLR Group
Hello, I’m considering on purchasing a new gladiator. I don’t have any intentions at the moment on doing any mods, mostly just for taking kayaks, bikes and enjoying the convertible aspect. The vehicle look absolutely amazing. Unfortunately, I wrapped up a lemon law on 2021 RAM 1500 in March over a stop start issue that I was having. So, my faith in FCA/Stellantis is not at a high point. Every vehicle has issues as I get, but was looking to see if I can get some impartial opinions on the reliability of the gladiator. Thanks so much!

John
p.s. To all my fellow Marines, ooh rah! Semper Fi!
Own 2 JKU Wranglers, 1 will go as soon as the 2021 Mojave lands (hope by Labor Day).. 1 has 80K and the other 50K. Both 6spds. 3.6L. When reading forums you will find MORE writing about issues and problems than good happy... RESEARCH Into consumer minds finds that an UnHappy will tell 11.. A Happy will tell 3. IMO both have been superb, sure had some what I call minor warranty covered issues. Current fleet is 4 Jeeps back to an 09 Patriot and the 13 JKU is a forever keeper.

Dawg Fan

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 80th Anniversay Gladiator
Welcome and Semper Fi Marine

Fastwake

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Being a Jeepston is a disease. I started out with a little YJ did mods and graduated to a TJ did mods then graduated to a JK did mods Now its a JEEP TRUCK and it is the best.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jkianka

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3
Own 2 JKU Wranglers, 1 will go as soon as the 2021 Mojave lands (hope by Labor Day).. 1 has 80K and the other 50K. Both 6spds. 3.6L. When reading forums you will find MORE writing about issues and problems than good happy... RESEARCH Into consumer minds finds that an UnHappy will tell 11.. A Happy will tell 3. IMO both have been superb, sure had some what I call minor warranty covered issues. Current fleet is 4 Jeeps back to an 09 Patriot and the 13 JKU is a forever keeper.
Ty

cb4017

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Retired USN and retired LEO
Go to any vehicle specific forum and you will find a multitude of horror stories about that vehicle. If I had read the JK Forums before buying my 08 JKU I would have never touched one. I had it for 10 years and over 100K miles. It never went back to the dealer for anything and never stranded me.
I had a JLU for a year. No problems.
Now I have a JT. Admittedly it went to the dealer for an axle seal leak but I consider that a minor annoyance.
I really like my Gladiator. It's unique, fun to drive and will take me anywhere I'm brave enough to go.

Sleighman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
Occupation
Retired LEO
Vehicle Showcase
1st off Semper Fi. 2nd Quit lying to your self. Jeeps and Mods are like Marines and a kbar. They just go together.

OP
OP

Jkianka

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3
Go to any vehicle specific forum and you will find a multitude of horror stories about that vehicle. If I had read the JK Forums before buying my 08 JKU I would have never touched one. I had it for 10 years and over 100K miles. It never went back to the dealer for anything and never stranded me.
I had a JLU for a year. No problems.
Now I have a JT. Admittedly it went to the dealer for an axle seal leak but I consider that a minor annoyance.
I really like my Gladiator. It's unique, fun to drive and will take me anywhere I'm brave enough to go.
Many thanks!