Opinions on this front bumper?

Tackett1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT overland
Occupation
NP-C
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Off-Road-F...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

It’s cheap, I don’t care much about how anything looks, I was really just looking for a cheap winch plate and this entire bumper seems to be about the same price as a winch plate I can find.

what really freaks me out about these cheap bumpers are those D rings and tow points. I’m scared to get rid of the factory hooks, I’ve had to use tow points many times…what’s the word on these cheap bumper points ripping out or something?
Sponsored

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
If the tow points actually hook to the front of the frame (like they're supposed to,) and you use some good hardware to put them there, they'd probably work OK.

Kevin

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
That's not so much of a bumper as it is a place to mount a winch and fog lights.
As far as the mounting of things - you are STILL bolted to the frame ends, the frame horns.
Bumpers and hooks all bolt directly to the frame so you won't pull anything out that you wouldn't with a stock bumper. It's all bolted to the frame - those loops are on the frame, not the bumper.
Use class 10.9 hardware (bolts and nuts) and it would be fine.

ThatStinging_Jeep

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon In Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Looks pretty cheap man not gonna lie,might as well save up a bit and get a evo mfg quarter pounder and its gonna be a hell of a lot better quality and from experience it's a really great bumper when I ran it on my old jk,

I'm assuming you are going with a simplistic design as far as design so that's why im referring you to this bumper

Or if you want something very very simple you can just run a winch mount like [Banned Site] did and rock that sweet yet simple looking setup

Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
That's not so much of a bumper as it is a place to mount a winch and fog lights.
As far as the mounting of things - you are STILL bolted to the frame ends, the frame horns.
Bumpers and hooks all bolt directly to the frame so you won't pull anything out that you wouldn't with a stock bumper. It's all bolted to the frame - those loops are on the frame, not the bumper.
Use class 10.9 hardware (bolts and nuts) and it would be fine.
That all depends on what the metal is, I don't see where it says what it's made from or even what the weight is to maybe gauge it.

10.9 bolts won't save flimsy metal from ripping apart.

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Its design is similar to the Rough Country stubby hybrid winch mount/bumper for the JK. The ad doesn't say how thick the steel is, and that would be important. As above, use good hardware, 10.9 or 12.9, not low-grade stainless, etc. I am not so worried about the D ring mounts--they are thicker than the frame flanges, if the "bumper" is 3/16" or so.

chrismeece74

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S, 2021 Wrangler Freedom Edit
Occupation
Sr Quality Manager
Check out the Rugged Ridge HD bumpers, they are sturdy and include the winch plate

20210813_184749.jpg

OP
OP

Tackett1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT overland
Occupation
NP-C
That all depends on what the metal is, I don't see where it says what it's made from or even what the weight is to maybe gauge it.

10.9 bolts won't save flimsy metal from ripping apart.
this was more my concern…

Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
this was more my concern…
You could always wager a bit of money and see how it goes. I am no concerned about the bolts holding it to the frame, the bolts will hold... but will the metal around the bolts bend and deform or break?

Grab a tree hugger, a recovery rope, and try pulling in reverse and see what's what. Get videos!

Moonshineheadache

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Great White Edition Rubicon
Occupation
Gas Pump Jockey - I hate cans!
Vehicle Showcase
I tried to go down the cheap path with one of the imported Mopar copies and it was the biggest waste of cash to date (short of the sunrider I made from old lawn & leaf bags...what was I thinking?)

Well long story short, the steel was cheap, holes were not symmetrical from one side to the other, nothing mounted up correctly...total POS and scrapped it! Finally came to my senses and went with Barnes 4x4 Pritchett canyon.

cuellar13

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAM, 2021 Bronco Big Bend, 1966 GMC Stepside
Occupation
Director of Recruitment for Pharma/Biotech/Device Consulting Firm
If you're already nervous about it, I think that's a good reason to keep looking. Remember, there's always a reason that something's cheap, especially if it's not used.

DTJB

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Max Tow
Occupation
Mechanic
Check out the Rugged Ridge HD bumpers, they are sturdy and include the winch plate

Jeep Gladiator Opinions on this front bumper? 20210813_184749
I put this bumper on mine this afternoon, went to the farm to get targets and got in a flexy pinch and my 35’s were not very kind to the new bumper, I have a 1.5” spacer under the nose but it made me realize, even if I lift the jeep I will have to custom trim this bumper to keep my tires from trying to rip it off when flexed out

chrismeece74

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S, 2021 Wrangler Freedom Edit
Occupation
Sr Quality Manager
I put this bumper on mine this afternoon, went to the farm to get targets and got in a flexy pinch and my 35’s were not very kind to the new bumper, I have a 1.5” spacer under the nose but it made me realize, even if I lift the jeep I will have to custom trim this bumper to keep my tires from trying to rip it off when flexed out
Damn that sucks
Sponsored