First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
I’m signing the order sheet today! Before I do, I wanted to post up my build to make sure that I’m not leaving something off I would regret later. It’s a pretty basic build, but I think it has what we need and then some.

Rubicon
Sting Grey
Automatic
Black hard top (and black fenders)
Cold weather package
Cloth seats
Proximity keyless entry
Rubber floor mats
Aux switches
Tow package
Roll up tonneau
Sponsored

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
I’m signing the order sheet today! Before I do, I wanted to post up my build to make sure that I’m not leaving something off I would regret later. It’s a pretty basic build, but I think it has what we need and then some.

Rubicon
Sting Grey
Automatic
Cold weather package
Cloth seats
Proximity keyless entry
Rubber floor mats
Aux switches
Tow package
Roll up tonneau
I don't see the value in the bed cover from Jeep given the price BVS other options out there. Same with the floor mats.

OP
OP
spazzyfry123

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ME
I don't see the value in the bed cover from Jeep given the price BVS other options out there. Same with the floor mats.
I actually thought an OEM roll up for $441 was a good deal?? The aftermarket ones I have seen were more expensive.

And Weathertech mat options have been quite expensive in my previous vehicles. A lot more than this $147. I haven’t searched for the JT; more just assumed.

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
I actually thought an OEM roll up for $441 was a good deal?? The aftermarket ones I have seen were more expensive.

And Weathertech mat options have been quite expensive in my previous vehicles. A lot more than this $147. I haven’t searched for the JT; more just assumed.
I paid less than 200 for this one, has worked great in weather, weight, fitment....we will see about longevity - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M1UTJ0E/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

147 is about right. I remembered them being more, my mistake. I paid 125 for these but they've jumped to 135. But yeah, the OEM ones are not really any worse in price for 12 bucks difference - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RST3WS2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

OP
OP
spazzyfry123

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ME
I paid less than 200 for this one, has worked great in weather, weight, fitment....we will see about longevity - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M1UTJ0E/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

147 is about right. I remembered them being more, my mistake. I paid 125 for these but they've jumped to 135. But yeah, the OEM ones are not really any worse in price for 12 bucks difference - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RST3WS2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Not a bad deal on the cover! I’ve seen a lot of people crossing Colorado gear over to the JT. Same bed pattern?

And those mats look identical to what I’ve spec’d. Are they not? Easy way to save lunch money.

Sponsored

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Not a bad deal on the cover! I’ve seen a lot of people crossing Colorado gear over to the JT. Same bed pattern?

And those mats look identical to what I’ve spec’d. Are they not? Easy way to save lunch money.
I assume they're the same mats...but didn't want to say for sure. My "Amazon" ones have been solid. But yeah I'd say they've got to be the same.

The cover fits the bed perfectly. (best pic I can find quickly of mine)

94BE4527-53D1-418A-B18F-6A455871242F.JPEG

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester

Awww man, you missed the deal, those Mopar mats were $103 on Amazon last week. A few of us on here picked up a set.
And it really just depends on if you want to "finance" floor mats for the next however many years. It may work better for you or you may be putting a big down payment, who am I to know, but that is how I look at getting accessories with a new vehicle.

OP
OP
spazzyfry123

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ME
Awww man, you missed the deal, those Mopar mats were $103 on Amazon last week. A few of us on here picked up a set.
And it really just depends on if you want to "finance" floor mats for the next however many years. It may work better for you or you may be putting a big down payment, who am I to know, but that is how I look at getting accessories with a new vehicle.
I totally agree! That was my original thought plan with the tonneau cover, but the aftermarket (Quadratec specifically) showed the cheapest available for a Gladiator to be $100+ more than what I’d be getting the OEM for including the finance charge. So it was actually cheaper to get the OEM on the build and it’s already installed.

Does anyone know how the Colorado top compares to the OEM? Nothing tells me I need to spec trail rail for the OEM cover and I don’t think it’s Velcro like the Amazon one?

I ultimately want to get a shell, but figured this would be good enough to hold me over until the aftermarket guys battle it out.

OP
OP
spazzyfry123

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ME
I assume they're the same mats...but didn't want to say for sure. My "Amazon" ones have been solid. But yeah I'd say they've got to be the same.

The cover fits the bed perfectly. (best pic I can find quickly of mine)

94BE4527-53D1-418A-B18F-6A455871242F.JPEG
That looks great!

Thatrabbitfoot

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150

Tonnea cover 2018 or 2019 version fit?

Sponsored

OP
OP
spazzyfry123

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ME
Also for my build...

MSRP is $50,930 and my final price (including a $599 doc fee, the destination, blah blah) is $45,958. Comes out to 6% below invoice or about 5% if you include the dealer fee.

Onebigyoshi

First Name
Haruyoshi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Sting grey M/T. Prius...

Rubicon
Sting Grey
Automatic
Cold weather package
Cloth seats
Proximity keyless entry
Rubber floor mats
Aux switches
Tow package
Roll up tonneau
The only thing missing that is a must have for me is LED lighting group. I heard the lights were beyond better than non LEDs. I also added all the safety group on mine just so that its there. I never had these new safety features so curious what it's all about and I can turn it off if I want to. Additionally, 8.4 radio with upgraded stereo so the wires are neat from the factory. Lastly cargo rail trail management only for the outlet in the bed of the truck. I probably not going to use the outlet often, but even if I had to use it once it'll be worth it to me.

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
Being in Fla I’d Dump the cold weather pkg, add LED, and bed liner...if you have the funds.... the 8.4” stereo....have fun
I am in Florida and one of my top items is cold weather group. I mean seriously, how do you expect me to deal with the top down and 50 degree weather those 3 days a year.
:LOL:
Sponsored