Options for Mojave shock extensions

Mojavematt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave gladiator
Howdy gents. Recently purchased a 2021 Mojave and Im looking to run 35’s or 37’s. I love the way it rides but after reading about squatting issues when adding weight for overlanding and what not, Im thinking about running new coils instead of spacers. I was originally looking at the AEV spacer kit that includes the Mojave shock extensions. If I were to run the 2.5 inch Clayton coils instead, what options do I have for keeping the OEM Fox shocks? The coils seem to be giving more than the advertised 2.5 so normal 2 inch shock extensions wouldn’t work. Anybody offer a larger shock extension? Another option would be the AEV spacer and the Timbren SES system to help support the weight. Thoughts?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mojavematt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave gladiator
Another thought is just running a regular 2 inch front spacer and the ACOS for the rear to adjust for the weight. Looks like JKS only makes these for the rear of a JL. Not sure what the difference would be.

Tuggernuts

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Occupation
Truck driver
Another thought is just running a regular 2 inch front spacer and the ACOS for the rear to adjust for the weight. Looks like JKS only makes these for the rear of a JL. Not sure what the difference would be.
Metal Cloak makes extensions I think. I believe they are for a two inch space however. I’ve got the AEV kit sitting in the back of my truck. I don’t think I’m going to install it. The truck eats up my 35s like nobody’s business. No need for a spacer lift.

NCLife

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave
FWIW this is my Mojave. I have a spacer lift but intend to ditch the spacers and change the coils. I have all of the other goodies under there. The spacers worked great (and probably still would in perpetuity) I was just reluctant to jettison my fancy Mojave springs initially.

image.jpg

image.jpg

OP
OP

Mojavematt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave gladiator
FWIW this is my Mojave. I have a spacer lift but intend to ditch the spacers and change the coils. I have all of the other goodies under there. The spacers worked great (and probably still would in perpetuity) I was just reluctant to jettison my fancy Mojave springs initially.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Looks great. 2 inches and 37’s?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Mojavematt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave gladiator
Effectively yes and thank you. The 3" spacer up front (rear is 2") handles the steel bumper, winch, bull bar and KC's.
What coils are you going with? Which shock extensions are you using with your current spacer lift?

OP
OP

Mojavematt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave gladiator
Another thought I had is the 1 inch lift height difference on the Mojave vs Rubicon. If most lift kits are designed around the Rubicon and advertise say 2 inches, I guess that means those same springs will only net me 1 inch over where Im currently sitting. Is this correct?

NCLife

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave
What coils are you going with? Which shock extensions are you using with your current spacer lift?
I have the Teraflex extensions. I havent decided on the coils but was angling towards the Clayton’s.

OP
OP

Mojavematt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave gladiator
After doing some research, I dont believe its the Mojave springs that give the extra 1 inch of lift, I think it comes from the added OEM hydraulic bumpstop. In that case I should get the advertised lift of whichever spring I decide on.

Sponsored

21Moja

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Master Distiller
I am interested to see where this went...Lets bring this back from the dead...Op, what did you wind up doing??

Hockeydad55

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTM
I am interested to see where this went...Lets bring this back from the dead...Op, what did you wind up doing??
I double that thought can we find out what everyone decided?

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
I just went with the AEV kit for the Mojave
Sponsored