First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Appliance Distributor
Hey all quick question, i just had my DRL halogen replaced by the Oracle DRL led bulbs. Since my trim is the overland these are isolated from the turn signal. When my gladiator light switch is set to “auto” the DRL are not lighting up. They only light up when the headlights are switch is turned on or the parking lights are on. Correct me if I’m wrong but the led should be on in the auto position to function as DRL. I called Oracle and they said since the polarity it the lamps matter they should be unplugged and switched 180 degrees. Did this and they just don’t power on at all. Any help would be appreciated!
Sponsored

OP
OP

LuisM23

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Appliance Distributor

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

LuisM23

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Appliance Distributor
Let me ask you something else, did you require “led equalizers” for the turning signal to avoid the hyper flash? Or are they working with no problem?

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Let me ask you something else, did you require “led equalizers” for the turning signal to avoid the hyper flash? Or are they working with no problem?
Working with zero issues. I have a Max tow but none of my LEDs I added required resistors or a flash

OP
OP

LuisM23

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Appliance Distributor
Working with zero issues. I have a Max tow but none of my LEDs I added required resistors or a flash
Awesome thanks for the tip. I will probably install my blinkers over the weekend. I went to autozone and they had the ones you mentioned in 6000K white but if i install then and the same thing happens i can’t return or exchange so just to be safe I’m going to let the shop that did my headlights fog lights and DRL take a look at the issue so i can return them there and buy the sylvannia ones.

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
I second the sylvania zevo's, have them in my max tow as well, ZERO issues for 2 months now, always work as expected and didn't affect any other blinkers or cause bulb out warnings.

OP
OP

LuisM23

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Appliance Distributor
I second the sylvania zevo's, have them in my max tow as well, ZERO issues for 2 months now, always work as expected and didn't affect any other blinkers or cause bulb out warnings.
awesome man thanks! Im not going to lie the Oracle ones in my truck now work great when all the lights are on or just the parking light switch is set to on but I just cant understand why they are not turning on in "auto" mode. I even make sure to go into the vehicles touchscreen and went to the settings and made sure DRL is on. Im going to my shop this afternoon. If they cant figure it out I will just end up getting the zevo's!

OP
OP

LuisM23

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Appliance Distributor
Update for everyone: Spoke to the Oracle tech and sure enough their DRL LED are either meant to be on ONLY when the switch is on parking lights or ON but not in AUTO. He said if I get a Tazer programmer that it can fix it but to be honest doesnt make sense to spend a couple of hundred bucks to fix 20 dollar LED bulbs. I went to Autozone like you guys mentioned and bought the Sylvania ZEVO in the 6000K cool white. As soon as I installed them problem solved! DRL works in AUTO mode and when all the lights come on the DRL stay lit. Thanks for all the help!

Sponsored

Ammo

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2020 JT
Update for everyone: Spoke to the Oracle tech and sure enough their DRL LED are either meant to be on ONLY when the switch is on parking lights or ON but not in AUTO. He said if I get a Tazer programmer that it can fix it but to be honest doesnt make sense to spend a couple of hundred bucks to fix 20 dollar LED bulbs. I went to Autozone like you guys mentioned and bought the Sylvania ZEVO in the 6000K cool white. As soon as I installed them problem solved! DRL works in AUTO mode and when all the lights come on the DRL stay lit. Thanks for all the help!
I'll have to try this as well since my situation is the same as yours.

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
ive seen people say that tazer or jscan didnt fix the problem with the oracles.

Hockeypilot44

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep Wrangler
Well shoot. I wish I would have read this thread earlier. Just installed Oracle bi-oculus, oracle 20 watt fog lights, and new oracle turn signal and drl bulbs. I have the exact same problem. Probably not worth my time to send Oracle ones back. Going to give the Sylvania ones a go.

OP
OP

LuisM23

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Appliance Distributor
Well shoot. I wish I would have read this thread earlier. Just installed Oracle bi-oculus, oracle 20 watt fog lights, and new oracle turn signal and drl bulbs. I have the exact same problem. Probably not worth my time to send Oracle ones back. Going to give the Sylvania ones a go.
hey brother do what I did and bite the bullet. Go to autozone and for 25 bucks pick up the Sylvania Zevos and they will work right the first time. Oracle actually encouraged me to go buy a programming unit for 400 bucks just to make their led's work.....no thank you!

Hockeypilot44

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep Wrangler
hey brother do what I did and bite the bullet. Go to autozone and for 25 bucks pick up the Sylvania Zevos and they will work right the first time. Oracle actually encouraged me to go buy a programming unit for 400 bucks just to make their led's work.....no thank you!
That's what I'm going to do. Do you like the Zevos? How are they compared to the Oracle ones other than the fact that they work when they're supposed to?
Sponsored