Oracle lights - they are expensive disposable lights

Rob Klockman

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Bought a pair of oracle Bi-Leds around June 2020. They WERE great; however one of the bulbs came loose in the housing after a year or so. I figured no problem. Worse case I need to pay to have it fixed or buy a replacement. NOPE they do not repair, and will not sell just a replacement for the broken one. Basically, if you have an issue they are an expensive disposable light
Sponsored

Last edited:

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Bought a pair of oracle Bi-Leds around June 2021. They WERE great; however one of the bulbs came loose in the housing after a year or so. I figured no problem. Worse case I need to pay to have it fixed or buy a replacement. NOPE they do not repair, and will not sell just a replacement for the broken one. Basically, if you have an issue they are an expensive disposable light
@ORACLElights, when is this customer service going to improve? I’ve said it in other threads. Come on admins. Let’s ban them as vendors.

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Welcome to boom times with inflation. Every business is trying their best to keep customers just engaged enough to not write them off permanently. They are all making so much money they view "problem customers" as a hassle not worth the extra time they take. I'm absolutely amazed most vendors are offering forum discounts, even as piddly as 5% may be.

When the velocity of money starts slowing down, you're going to see vendors begging for business. And the few who treated customers right will survive. The ones who wrote us off will blame their failing business on the economy. But they failed themselves.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
@ORACLElights, when is this customer service going to improve? I’ve said it in other threads. Come on admins. Let’s ban them as vendors.
Oracle dude will no doubt be on here shortly to tell us all about how great their product is and they stand behind it but they cannot and will not offer warranty to people who try and berate them about misused products. Or... they will capitulate to the one to try and sell the rest, who they never intend to cover.

This is why any Oracle item I buy, I retain the factory unit for.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Oracle dude will no doubt be on here shortly to tell us all about how great their product is and they stand behind it but they cannot and will not offer warranty to people who try and berate them about misused products. Or... they will capitulate to the one to try and sell the rest, who they never intend to cover.

I mentioned them so they continue to be aware that their lack of support is costing them customers. I will never order from them again. If we continue to do so, they will see no incentive to improve.

Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
I mentioned them so they continue to be aware that their lack of support is costing them customers. I will never order from them again. If we continue to do so, they will see no incentive to improve.
They don't care.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
They don't care.
Nope, but I would never have known they existed without this forum. Now it can warn people before they end up on the wrong side of their support.

Sponsored

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ

I'm of the opinion that an LED light to be mounted "for off road use only" should be able to handle anything your truck can off road. If they want to bitch out and not get DOT certification, that's fine, but then they need to actually be able to stand up to off road use. None of these non-replaceable seals that leak at 18 months or boards that have solder fail because of vibration.

Oracle and a few others differentiate by actually designing some of their own stuff but they're manufactured in the same overseas facilities as the Amazon sellers with all the same techniques. With a 1 year warranty they probably don't have a ton of failures and when they do, it's cheaper to replace that percentage of units with new ones than it is to stock service parts for everyone.

You get what you pay for, and since I can afford better, I buy bettera, because I know if I have an issue with my Baja Designs lights then I have a company who will help and shops all across the country that sell service parts.

SelfmodJT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep JT Willys, 2005 350z con
🤔NOracle? From now on?

OP said june 2021? Dont the lights have a 1yr warranty??? Or are you saying they wont honor the 1yr warranty either?

MoDean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2017 JK
This seems to be a recurring theme with Oracle. I'm still trying to get resolution for the set of heated lens Oculus lights that had the melting that so many others experienced. Nearly 5 months after the issues manifested, and they still cannot tell me if/when reliable replacements will be available. Store credit was offered, but why do I want more questionable lighting from them?
Are there enough of us unhappy with how Oracle does business to warrant a class action?

WetWilly

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Retired bum
Sad, because I really like the look. And would like to purchase them, But no way will I purchase until things start looking more positive with product and or customer service reviews from customers. It is not just on this forum that I have read negative reviews. Low dollar items I may take a chance with, but $359.00 set of tail lights is not a low dollar chance.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Sad, because I really like the look. And would like to purchase them, But no way will I purchase until things start looking more positive with product and or customer service reviews from customers. It is not just on this forum that I have read negative reviews. Low dollar items I may take a chance with, but $359.00 set of tail lights is not a low dollar chance.
Price doesn’t matter to me regarding support. If a vendor won’t stand behind their products, they should be avoided. And their tail lights are super cheap in comparison to oem. OEM led tail lights are $747 each.
Sponsored