Sponsored

Oracle Oculus Bi LED Headlight replacements?

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturer
A good, bright, quality heated 9" LED would go a long way as compared to the illegal disco lights and halo look.
Hey Jerry, did you take a look at previous posts in the thread? The Oculus 9" headlights are a functional upgrade first and foremost, offering an enormous improvement in brightness with 3,200 Lumens of high-quality illumination and a razor sharp cutoff. There's lots of information here if you are interested in learning more about this innovation.

We are soon offering RGB for people who also want a little extra style in their lights; the white DRL-only option will still be available for those who are only looking for an LED projection upgrade.

wall_test_1_1024x1024.jpg
Sponsored

canyonrat

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2005 Jeep TJ RME
Hey Jerry, did you take a look at previous posts in the thread? The Oculus 9" headlights are a functional upgrade first and foremost, offering an enormous improvement in brightness with 3,200 Lumens of high-quality illumination and a razor sharp cutoff. There's lots of information here if you are interested in learning more about this innovation.

We are soon offering RGB for people who also want a little extra style in their lights; the white DRL-only option will still be available for those who are only looking for an LED projection upgrade.

wall_test_1_1024x1024.jpg
Yep they look great. Waiting for HEATED LED.

CKUCF

First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray Sport S w/ Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
The Oculus themselves are street legal and DOT compliant. Any RGB feature shouldn't be used on the roads, as white & amber are the only street-legal colors. Our ColorSHIFT products/features are accessories to your functional lighting. Hope that clears it up!
except the oculus project an absolutely absurd amount of blue to those oncoming anyway. I’m really bummed about my purchase. Between the blue hue and reflect off all street signs, the relatively dim halos, and the fogging lenses... I wouldn’t make the purchase again nor would I recommend them to others.

52D75A42-7218-42CB-9C7F-A9932BB15B5A.jpeg

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
except the oculus project an absolutely absurd amount of blue to those oncoming anyway. I’m really bummed about my purchase. Between the blue hue and reflect off all street signs, the relatively dim halos, and the fogging lenses... I wouldn’t make the purchase again nor would I recommend them to others.

Hi Chris, we're sorry to hear that you aren't satisfied with your purchase, and we'd like to address a few things for you.

The blue that you're seeing is actually the color flicker. Color flicker is totally legal and is a desirable aesthetic feature of projector lights. The band of colorful light across the top of the beam’s cutoff line enhances the visual appeal as the vehicle passes.

If you're having a lot of other reflection off signs, you probably need to readjust your lights.

To do this, use the included Allen key and park the Jeep about 15ft away from a wall on a flat surface. Measure from the ground to the very center of the lens of the headlight and take the same measurement over to the wall and mark the same measurement on the wall. You want the cut off line to reach that mark. Anything higher than that will be considered glare. There is a natural step line that you will see projected onto the wall because of the projector. You have to align the driver with the passenger so that there are not multiple step lines.
As for the halos, we would suggest giving our team a call to troubleshoot if you feel that there's an issue with the brightness. As for the foggy lens, it is totally normal for a fog to form while the lights are off especially in humid environments. After the lights are on for a few minutes, the fog should dissipate.

Feel free to PM us if you need further assistance or give our team a call at 1-800-407-5776.

Kevrend

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S

Damn, that much condensation inside the lens is really disappointing. Especially at this price point.

Sponsored

Gregbj33

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2017 Wrangler
Occupation
Store Manager Weis Markets
Installed a set the other day. I think they have made a big difference in light output. I did have amazon led bulbs in prior and although they may have been a little brighter, the Occulus projects a much more crisp and consistent beam pattern with a much better cut off. I could probably lower the beam slightly but not a single oncoming vehicle has flashed me so far. A little fogging in the lenses at times but have had that with other headlights so certainly doesn’t bother me and does dissipate soon after. I’m happy with the purchase.

32430CC1-5A48-45B2-B625-212B4200C583.jpeg

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Installed a set the other day. I think they have made a big difference in light output. I did have amazon led bulbs in prior and although they may have been a little brighter, the Occulus projects a much more crisp and consistent beam pattern with a much better cut off. I could probably lower the beam slightly but not a single oncoming vehicle has flashed me so far. A little fogging in the lenses at times but have had that with other headlights so certainly doesn’t bother me and does dissipate soon after. I’m happy with the purchase.

32430CC1-5A48-45B2-B625-212B4200C583.jpeg
Thank you for your feedback and purchase of our product! Glad to hear you are happy!

rborgers

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Damn, that much condensation inside the lens is really disappointing. Especially at this price point.
I installed a set of Oculus Bi-LED on my Gladiator the light output going from stock Halogen lights to the Oculus was amazing. The cut off is sharp and crisp. As far as the blue tint it is no different than my Toyota Corolla with led projector lights. I put them side by side and the blue tint is the same. I am in lower Alabama by the coast and have noticed the condensation one time last month.

glillygrfx

First Name
Greg Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.undergroundgraphics.com
Vehicle(s)
20 Jeep Gladiator, 18 Vanderhall Venice, 13 Triumph Street Triple 675
Occupation
Vinyl Wraps, Stripes, Decals

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
View attachment 65413 View attachment 65410 View attachment 65412 View attachment 65413 View attachment 65410 Just did the install today, along with a few other pieces. Was super stoked for this, only to get home and see the condensation/fog. What’s up Oracle?!

DCDF7F80-99DC-4E91-82D5-6431B5EBAAB4.jpeg

0953164B-C8FB-4A27-8CC7-ADC00F915F23.jpeg

View attachment 65411

jeep1.jpg

jeep2.jpg

jeep3.jpg

jeep4.jpg
Thanks for your purchase and your question! The condensation you’re seeing is normal for the first few uses as the moisture in the humid air trapped inside of the headlights during assembly in our New Orleans office evaporates when the inner temp rises. It should dissipate with a little time or this can be cleared up quickly by parking the Jeep with the lenses facing direct sunlight.

Sponsored

glillygrfx

First Name
Greg Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.undergroundgraphics.com
Vehicle(s)
20 Jeep Gladiator, 18 Vanderhall Venice, 13 Triumph Street Triple 675
Occupation
Vinyl Wraps, Stripes, Decals
Thanks for your purchase and your question! The condensation you’re seeing is normal for the first few uses as the moisture in the humid air trapped inside of the headlights during assembly in our New Orleans office evaporates when the inner temp rises. It should dissipate with a little time or this can be cleared up quickly by parking the Jeep with the lenses facing direct sunlight.
So am I correct in saying these are vented housings, not sealed. Went through a car wash yesterday and the entire lens was spotted. And yes, as the weather warmed, and the sun hit the lenses, it went away. But what if we have rain for a few days? What if our weather is humid and overcast? These issues do not affect OEM lights. I;m really wanting to love this purchase, but I am concerned. I absolutely love the function, the look, but this fogging issue, while you say is normal, I feel is not. ....nothing worse than a great looking Jeep with awesome aftermarket headlights getting attention and then explaining, ..."oh, that's just how it is, it's normal, it will go away." LOL

I'm gonna give it a bit more time, ...while I fill out the warranty/registration card. Thank you for the prompt response as well. ;)

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
So am I correct in saying these are vented housings, not sealed. Went through a car wash yesterday and the entire lens was spotted. And yes, as the weather warmed, and the sun hit the lenses, it went away. But what if we have rain for a few days? What if our weather is humid and overcast? These issues do not affect OEM lights. I;m really wanting to love this purchase, but I am concerned. I absolutely love the function, the look, but this fogging issue, while you say is normal, I feel is not. ....nothing worse than a great looking Jeep with awesome aftermarket headlights getting attention and then explaining, ..."oh, that's just how it is, it's normal, it will go away." LOL

I'm gonna give it a bit more time, ...while I fill out the warranty/registration card. Thank you for the prompt response as well. ;)
Yes, they are saying their headlights are not sealed by stating this:
...The condensation you’re seeing is normal for the first few uses as the moisture in the humid air trapped inside of the headlights during assembly in our New Orleans office evaporates when the inner temp rises....
If they were sealed, the humidity level of the housing's air would remain regardless of heating/cooling cycles (unless that trapped moisture can be absorbed overtime into the housing's materials).

Since it's not sealed, heating/cooling cycles of the air trapped in the housing will force mixing of ambient atmospheric air with the housing air since the air volume increases when warm and decreases when cooled. So the more cycles that happens, theoretically the more dry ambient air will mix in with the humid trapped air assuming you're in a location with less humid atmospheric air than New Orleans.

Another reason the fog temporarily goes away is that warm air can hold more water content than cool air. So when the air in the housing warms (headlights on), the moisture can be absorbed by the warmed air in the housing. When the lights are turned off and the front glass of the housing cools by atmospheric air (or the car wash's cold water jets), the housing's air also cools causing the moisture that was absorbed by the housing's warm air to re-condense on the inside of the cooled glass, hence the fog you see.

Long term, I'd be concerned that if ambient air can get in, so can any particles (dirt/dust) that's in the air, and those particles would more and more stick to the fog that occurs on the inside of the glass, and you'd be left with no way to clean it off. Maybe they have a small air filter where the air is allowed to enter/leave the housing to alleviate this issue though. Having them sealed with dry air or some other internal gas would be best though.

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation

Yes, they are saying their headlights are not sealed by stating this:

If they were sealed, the humidity level of the housing's air would remain regardless of heating/cooling cycles.

Since it's not sealed, heating/cooling cycles of the air trapped in the housing will force mixing of ambient atmospheric air with the housing air since the air volume increases when warm and decreases when cooled. So the more cycles that happens, theoretically the more dry ambient air will mix in with the humid trapped air assuming you're in a location with less humid atmospheric air than New Orleans.

Another reason the fog goes away is that warm air can hold more water content than cool air. So when the air in the housing warms (headlights on), the moisture can be absorbed by the warmed air in the housing. When the lights are turned off and the front glass of the housing cools by atmospheric air (or the car wash's cold water jets), the housing's air also cools causing the moisture that was absorbed by the housing's warm air to re-condense on the inside of the cooled glass, hence the fog you see.

Long term, I'd be concerned that if ambient air can get in, so can any particles (dirt/dust) that's in the air, and those particles would more and more stick to the fog that occurs on the inside of the glass, and you'd be left with no way to clean it off. Maybe they have a small air filter where the air is allowed to enter/leave the housing to alleviate this issue though. Having them sealed with dry air or some other internal gas would be best though.

Hey guys, was just typing out a reply...good timing and thanks for chiming in with your words! :like:

Actually, almost all modern headlights have some form of a ventilation system (whether venting channels or small holes/slots) to allow air to pass in and out of the housing to regulate temperature and any pressure. These will not allow any foreign objects into the housing; if you do see sitting water (not condensation) or dirt inside the light, you might have a compromised housing or seal.

Just as condensation works when your windows fog up, it will dissipate without any adverse effect on the light's function or longevity. We have these headlights on our daily driver Jeep in Louisiana where extreme weather is just a fact of life (lol), and these perform as intended...rugged durability with superior light output in any condition. Thanks again for your curiosity, and you can find info on the Oculus 2-year limited warranty here ;)

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
The new Oculus ColorSHIFT Headlights will be available at the end of the month! :rock:

oculus_rgb_colorshift_1024x1024.jpg