Sponsored

Ordered Items not showing on Build Sheet or Window Sticker.

TwelveGaugeSage

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Kawasaki Z125, 2016 Yamaha WR250R, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Air Force Contractor
I have my print out of my order showing that I ordered the perforated leather seats, interior assist handles, black sill guards, steel front bumper, and mud terrain tires. The build sheet and window sticker show "leather-trimmed bucket seats" and all the other things are missing. Is this normal or am I likely going to be missing items?
Sponsored

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
I always thought if it wasn't on the window sticker than its not included. Interesting to have your order sheet show it and the window sticker does not. Have you asked the dealer yet? I would be interested in knowing what they say and how it turns out.

OP
OP
TwelveGaugeSage

TwelveGaugeSage

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Air Force Contractor
Dealer says it is hopefully just omissions on window sticker. I asked if they would fix anything that was missing from the build. Their response was that I would likely have to take it up with Jeep.

jjs3845

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Overland
Dealer says it is hopefully just omissions on window sticker. I asked if they would fix anything that was missing from the build. Their response was that I would likely have to take it up with Jeep.
I always thought that the dealer was supposed to be the go-between Jeep and the consumer

hmmmm.... I see a buck being passed........

OP
OP
TwelveGaugeSage

TwelveGaugeSage

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Air Force Contractor
My suspicion is that they may have put it in wrong when they ordered it. I'm asking for either a discount or my deposit back. I'd rather just save money and get what I want from Gupton.

Sponsored

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
My suspicion is that they may have put it in wrong when they ordered it. I'm asking for either a discount or my deposit back. I'd rather just save money and get what I want from Gupton.
That is a good plan. I had a similar experience. I ordered a Willys and the website (still does). as well as, other window stickers showed them coming with a 7" radio standard. When mine came in, it had the 5" radio. Evidently Jeep changed it about 2 weeks before I ordered. I just went ahead and ordered another one the way I wanted it. It sucks waiting twice but I think you'd regret paying that much for something that doesn't have everything you want.

Dennis K

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fineartamerica.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Gecko Sport S with Mack's Toe
Occupation
Ret
In some cases it might show a package with a code that might have what you're looking for...
Just a guess though. I know the 24s package includes a lot of things that weren't itemized out...
Seems odd the build sheet would not itemize things though...

OP
OP
TwelveGaugeSage

TwelveGaugeSage

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Air Force Contractor
Whelp, cancelled my order and went with Gupton. My wallet will thank me later, even if it means another long wait. Probably dodged a bullet. My local dealership refused to budge on anything under MSRP, even after learning that what I ordered wasn't what was on the way. I even added a few more options and am saving big.

Now I'm getting every major non-cosmetic option available on a manual Rubicon except dual top.

sunrise089

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Higher Ed
Good move. Many dealers are scum. They almost certainly ordered it wrong and then immediately tried to pass the buck.

Did they at least return your deposit without issue?

One thought if they gave the deposit back really easily - they may have never really intended the Jeep to be ‘yours.’ Not that they wouldn’t have sold it to you since you were paying MSRP (!), but that they also hedged with a vehicle they’d prefer to have on the lot and hence removed less ‘mainstream’ options like the mud terrains.

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
Whelp, cancelled my order and went with Gupton. My wallet will thank me later, even if it means another long wait. Probably dodged a bullet. My local dealership refused to budge on anything under MSRP, even after learning that what I ordered wasn't what was on the way. I even added a few more options and am saving big.

Now I'm getting every major non-cosmetic option available on a manual Rubicon except dual top.
Im 2 days shy of a month with Gupton and mines in the shipping phase so hopefully it will go fast for you too.

Sponsored

badger719

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Good move. Many dealers are scum. They almost certainly ordered it wrong and then immediately tried to pass the buck.
Seems to be a game some dealers are playing. They can't get lot orders but if they can disguise it as a customer factory order that is one way to get vehicles to sell at their markup.

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)

What was the time frame until delivery that Gupton gave you?

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
I'm sorry for your experience, but it frankly doesn't surprise me.

I'm glad you'll be getting exactly what you want though.

I sent my build to all of the local dealers with mention of tread lightly. The only dealer that bothered to call me back said they would be willing to do 1% below MSRP, when I corrected them they said they can't do that. "MSRP was the best deal available in the country".

MikeInMo

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi, 05 LJ Rubi
This thread prompted me to compare my order sheet to my build sheet. It all checks out. My build sheet just became available this morning.

BTW I ordered from Gupton on 8/24, and I was told it is supposed to be ready to ship tomorrow 9/16. Hopefully it is ready then. Now how long it takes to get from the factory to the lot...

OP
OP
TwelveGaugeSage

TwelveGaugeSage

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Air Force Contractor
No timeframe yet, but those are pretty much a guess from what I have seen, so I'll just have to be patient either way, lol.
Sponsored