First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired law enforcement
Hey Folks, ordering my long awaited 2021 Mojave tomorrow. Anybody got any last minute suggestions for what TO put on it or what NOT to put on it? You guys are the experts, let me know!
Sponsored

TheGreatCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave Previous: 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2013 Ford Escape
Leather seats, LED lights, aux switches (unless you plan to do something fancier after market), remote start, and proximity locks were among my "must have" among my "must haves".

The safety group and cruise control have turned out pretty nicely for me as well.

My only ragret is that it didn't come as a diesel.

Jay Gatsby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red JT
Don't get the slush mats. Buy them afterwards cheaper, plus you'll get the carpet mats with the truck

MoparToYou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
What NOT to put on it, ... dual top group.

Sponsored

Jay Gatsby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red JT
Don't let your dealer talk you into an extended warranty...

Nebulocity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Mojave - Sting Gray
Hey Folks, ordering my long awaited 2021 Mojave tomorrow. Anybody got any last minute suggestions for what TO put on it or what NOT to put on it? You guys are the experts, let me know!
What I got (no regrets):
Body Color Hard Top
Body Color Fenders
LED package
Cold Weather package - heated seats and steering wheel have been awesome lately.
Active Safety Group
Leather
8.4" System
Remote Start
Keyless Entry
Aux Switch Group
Tow Package
Bedliner
Bluetooth speaker - I know, but it's been pretty cool so far and I've used it a lot.

What I didn't get (no regrets):
Advanced Safety Group/Adaptive Cruise Control - I didn't like the big black box around the RR View mirror. Haven't once wished I would have gotten it. But I haven't done a lot of highway driving.
Cargo Mgt. Group - Don't see the point, you can add everything later for much cheaper.
Factory step rails - Adding some Rock Hard-angled up in a few weeks when they get here.
Factory headliners - added Hotheads. Pleased so far.

What I didn't get (slight regret):
Front trail camera - would have been nice to have. I may or may not add later.

Enjoy! It's nice getting what you want and not settling for what's on a dealer lot.

DLAW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Nissan Pathfinder, '08 Honda Civic, '12 Honda CR-V, '16 Honda Odyssey, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Predicting the future
Think effort saved to have them do things. With the aux switch group and tow package, the whole vehicle, nearly bumper to bumper, is wired up before it's finished being put together. And they are both very cheap options. If you try to do that afterwards, it's a major PITA.

I bought the trail rails myself for about 330 I think. I didn't see the value in that $800 package with the lock box and outlet in the back.

I love my LEDs, and cold weather package. But now I'm getting subjective.

StingGrayJT24

First Name
KH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon Gladiator
Pretty much what everyone else has said. I have everything except the trail cam, factory aux switch, and cargo management. I kind of regret not just getting everything, but the truck is expensive. I compromised to get the color and trim I wanted (Sting Gray Rubicon). It was $6500 off so got it for $53K. Didn’t want to spend $60K for everything.

Anyway, if I didn’t get the Proximity locks, I would have been really disappointed. I wish they included them in the rear doors and tailgate.

Congrats on placing your order, you’ll really enjoy your new rig.

ClunkyJeep

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Drive the hell out of it before you sign the papers. I test drove one while mine was being pulled off the truck and washed. I assumed the same model drove the same. I have a POS and didn’t realize it until half way home.

Sponsored

relayer4u

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SCG
Must haves for me were Cold Weather group, Trailer Tow and Proximity Entry. Cold weather may not be a priority in Florida! 2nd level of wants were LED lights & 8.4 premium audio (super glad I got it!) factory bed liner is awesome, but wasn't a must. Turns out that I really like having the standard safety group to help with the extra length of the Gladiator vs my previous JLU.

OP
OP

Aquadude

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired law enforcement
You mean add-ons when ordering or afterwards? If it's when ordering... I'd start with:
- 8.4 radio & premium audio group
- LED lighting group
- Auxiliary Switch group
- Trailer tow pkg
- Proximity locks
When you say "proximity locks" are you talking about remote proximity keyless entry?

OP
OP

Aquadude

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired law enforcement
Don't get the slush mats. Buy them afterwards cheaper, plus you'll get the carpet mats with the truck
The slush mats were one of my question marks, where did you find them for less?

OP
OP

Aquadude

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired law enforcement
Drive the hell out of it before you sign the papers. I test drove one while mine was being pulled off the truck and washed. I assumed the same model drove the same. I have a POS and didn’t realize it until half way home.
WOW. Never thought about that. Thanks, will do.

OP
OP

Aquadude

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired law enforcement
What I got (no regrets):
Body Color Hard Top
Body Color Fenders
LED package
Cold Weather package - heated seats and steering wheel have been awesome lately.
Active Safety Group
Leather
8.4" System
Remote Start
Keyless Entry
Aux Switch Group
Tow Package
Bedliner
Bluetooth speaker - I know, but it's been pretty cool so far and I've used it a lot.

What I didn't get (no regrets):
Advanced Safety Group/Adaptive Cruise Control - I didn't like the big black box around the RR View mirror. Haven't once wished I would have gotten it. But I haven't done a lot of highway driving.
Cargo Mgt. Group - Don't see the point, you can add everything later for much cheaper.
Factory step rails - Adding some Rock Hard-angled up in a few weeks when they get here.
Factory headliners - added Hotheads. Pleased so far.

What I didn't get (slight regret):
Front trail camera - would have been nice to have. I may or may not add later.

Enjoy! It's nice getting what you want and not settling for what's on a dealer lot.
Thank you very much, that is pretty close to the build I am doing. Quick question on two items: 1. Leather, I was thinking about getting the Katskins added later instead of factory leather cause the gray leather is too light and will get dirty quick. Heard any bad things about Katskins?

2. Cargo management: you can add everything including the outlet later? I know you can add the box and the rails but thought it might be a PITA to add the outlet.

3. Can you buy the bluetooth speaker later as well?

Thanks, I appreciate it.
Sponsored