Sponsored

ordering out of state

First Name
liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler 1995
Question: Is it possible to order a Gladiator from a dealership in one state,But have the Gladiator deliver to a dealership in another state ? I was thinking if I could get alot better deal in another state,could buy there and have it ship to my state
Sponsored

Last edited:

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
FCA will only ship to the dealership that bought it. There are shipping companies you can pay to have it shipped to you from that dealership however.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
In that scenario, the delivering dealer would have no financial incentive to do that. In fact, it would be somewhat insulting to ask them to do it.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase

Stacked JT

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stingray JT Rubicon
If you are trying to save on taxes, just know that they hit you when you register the vehicle

Sponsored

OP
OP
gunner grandpa
First Name
liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler 1995
Just was thinking if I could get a great deal in another state then have it ship to the dealership in my state.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Just was thinking if I could get a great deal in another state then have it ship to the dealership in my state.
If your state doesn't deal, has high doc fees, or puts a mark-up on the Gladiator it is worth it to buy elsewhere and have it shipped. The $650 isn't bad. Still could come out way ahead.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Dealerships are franchise operations that are independently owned from the corporate structure product they sell. The dealership you buy it from is the one who profits and gets paid to deliver it to you, not the one that is closest to you.

If you want to be laughed at, go to the dealership you would want to receive and deliver it to you and run this thought exercise by them.

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
yes and once it goes onto the shippers trailer it is considered delivered and yours. If it arrives with issues don't even bother calling the dealer you purchased it from. You will have to determine if damage was from the transport or a manufacturer defect. I have seen numerous vehicles damaged by shippers who did not make the customer aware they damaged the vehicle loading, unloading, or while in transport. Additionally if the transport vehicle is involved in an accident a determination will have to be made as to which insurance company (transport or striking vehicle) will cover repairs and you will get a repaired vehicle not a new one. Far better to travel there look the vehicle over for PDI and then either drive home or have a professional transport service and not a low bid transporter move your vehicle.

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
You can get great deals from several dealers. There are pages upon pages of posts about that here in the forum if you look. Like @Hootbro hinted at, I'd love for you to to video the interaction with your local dealer after you tell them you want to buy from another dealer that is offering better pricing than them, but have it delivered locally.

I'm buying mine out of state, but flying there to pick it up and drive it back. Well worth it for me.

I think @trez63 is ordering his from @Travis@TriCityJeep, and having it shipped to CA by a third party (not to a local dealer), so may have some insight into doing it that way...
Sponsored