Sponsored

Original Jeep Truck

Empty Pockets

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S, Sting Ray, 6 Speed (YES!)
I had a ‘61. Main difference was the 1 piece windshield. Had a flat-head 6 and 4WD. Loved that truck. Think I sold it for $1200 in the mid ‘80s.

Dash68

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR
Occupation
Astronaut
This one was in my area several years ago. I wanted to buy it but the owner had no plans of selling it at the time. Not sure of the year. Wish Chrysler would consider selling a modern version of the Willys truck, regular cab with 6 or 7' bed. That would be ideal for me.

iphone 974.JPG

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Took my Gladiator in today to have the windows tinted and saw this. I thought I would share.

Jeep Gladiator Original Jeep Truck iphone 974.JPG
And to think. you can save at least 30Gs.

Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Well it goes to show you Jeep's hold there value ;) to bad someone pulled out the front axle, I bet it was someone's project and moved on to something else or other.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
to bad someone pulled out the front axle, I bet it was someone's project and moved on to something else or other.
They came in 2WD. Or maybe you are pulling our leg.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
They came in 2WD. Or maybe you are pulling our leg.
Some did, but I think that it was a project someone else started,. I see one I would like to have near where I live in ruff condition but a 4×4 one. they wouldn't sell. It's a static display of the business. Many that you can find are 2 wd version if in good shape and a project of someone. I've seen a few that are car show / trailer only or Sunday driver vehicles that are in that good of shape. Many got modified in to "roadsters" one of the things that they would do is remove front axle, then drop it down with old school beam axle. Some of the body panels and few other things look to be replaced. Would be a great project if have time, money and shop for it. I will throw out a old school body repair thing before Bondo and fiberglass filler... babbet (lead) the reason body spoons was heavy and metal help with shaping and cooling off the lead. Oh the forgotten tricks of the 40s, 50s and 60s. That is where having a magnet when checking out old cars came from too. ;)
Sponsored

Last edited: