Sponsored

Orlando FL to Yosemite (and many places along the way)

Glad-inator

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all. I’m planning a trip with my family from Orlando to Yosemite beginning in early October. We’ve got the Gladiator built up pretty decently now and wanted to get some insight and perhaps some ideas from you guys.

For now, the plan is to drive to South Dakota as our first major stop. We’re going to do Badlands and see Mt. Rushmore. From there, we’re hitting Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons for a few days as we’ve got spots reserved. Afterward we’re going to head to Yosemite and Sequoia National Park- then head back to FL after that.All in all looking at about 17 days.

I’m used to working long shifts (12+ Hours) and will likely do 2 heavy 18+ hour pushes to get to the Montana area (alternating between me and the wife). Our boys are good with long trips too. Just got back from Maine not too long ago.

I wanted to know if anyone had any good campsites that may be a little less known along that route. We’ve got a Roam Vagabond with Annex for the wife, 2 boys and myself- so we’re going to be able to be pretty self sufficient.

We’ve already got the camping/cooking essentials covered. We also have showering and bathroom use covered as well.

If anyone knows of any good camp spots with good views, it’d be greatly appreciated. Using a combo of The Dyrt and OnX for mapping- so I’ll have access to BLM land maps also.

I’ll post some pics of the rig too. I’ve rearranged some items on the rack but you’ll get a view of the stuff that will be brought with us for recovery purposes.

Thanks for any insight/advice.
Jeep Gladiator Orlando FL to Yosemite (and many places along the way) CBF3D7EE-E6F0-46C0-B2EB-45EAAE732BAE
Jeep Gladiator Orlando FL to Yosemite (and many places along the way) 4132C035-47AF-4A5D-9AD8-177A4E1FC8DB
Jeep Gladiator Orlando FL to Yosemite (and many places along the way) EA8149D6-E4C4-4B2F-BEC5-720CDA426089
Jeep Gladiator Orlando FL to Yosemite (and many places along the way) 45B1AD25-AE9B-420B-8B2A-3428C7ADC397

0F37540F-C621-410C-8BBC-908A0A7F4B8D.jpeg
Sponsored

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
If your route takes you through North Alabama, we have some nice areas to camp. You could even camp out at the Space Camp campground here in Huntsville.

OP
OP
Glad-inator

Glad-inator

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
If your route takes you through North Alabama, we have some nice areas to camp. You could even camp out at the Space Camp campground here in Huntsville.
On the way up, I think we’re going to try and push about 6-8 hours past Huntsville. I looked at the area though and it looks nice! Might be worth a stop on the way back!!! We haven’t spent much time in Alabama so that’d be fun.

Thank you for the response!
Sponsored