Sponsored

ORP and backup camera does not work (accidentally pulled radio fuse)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrailRax

First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
We were working on our Gladiator today and accidentally pulled the fuse to the radio. I am thinking it tripped the system a bit and has to reset. I have read a ton of forums on the backup camera issues but wanted to see if anyone has experience with this situation.

We accidentally removed the radio 20A fuse but replaced it right away after realizing it was the incorrect fuse. when we started the Gladiator back up the whole system lost OFP and backup camera. The backup camera does not even trigger the screen when put in reverse. It is almost like the backup camera does not even exist anymore. The apps on the screen are missing ORP and backup camera and controls page. Uconnect is up to date as well.

I contacted Uconnect service and they responded saying it was going to have to be taken to the dealership. After reading other forums it seems like an appt or trip to the dealership is a waste of time. I plan on giving it a day or two to fix itself. If not I wanted to see if someone had a fix for this issue. Thank you.

Does anyone have a fix for it?
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Pull the fuse for about five minutes. Put it back in and give it 24 hours. It should start working again. It will probably recover faster outside. I believe it needs to phone home as part of the recovery process.

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Pull the fuse for about five minutes. Put it back in and give it 24 hours. It should start working again. It will probably recover faster outside. I believe it needs to phone home as part of the recovery process.
Thanks! I am trying that. Just got to play the waiting game now... lol

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
We were working on our Gladiator today and accidentally pulled the fuse to the radio. I am thinking it tripped the system a bit and has to reset. I have read a ton of forums on the backup camera issues but wanted to see if anyone has experience with this situation.

We accidentally removed the radio 20A fuse but replaced it right away after realizing it was the incorrect fuse. when we started the Gladiator back up the whole system lost OFP and backup camera. The backup camera does not even trigger the screen when put in reverse. It is almost like the backup camera does not even exist anymore. The apps on the screen are missing ORP and backup camera and controls page. Uconnect is up to date as well.

I contacted Uconnect service and they responded saying it was going to have to be taken to the dealership. After reading other forums it seems like an appt or trip to the dealership is a waste of time. I plan on giving it a day or two to fix itself. If not I wanted to see if someone had a fix for this issue. Thank you.

Does anyone have a fix for it?
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please feel free to send us a private message. I would be happy to help!

Alison
JeepCares

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please feel free to send us a private message. I would be happy to help!

Alison
JeepCares
I am happy to update everyone that it must have needed to update itself or start over. I have both ORP and backup camera back. Weird how it left and came back but it's there!

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
I am happy to update everyone that it must have needed to update itself or start over. I have both ORP and backup camera back. Weird how it left and came back but it's there!
I'm very happy to hear this!

Alison
JeepCares
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.