Ouray 9-14 July

Longarmtj

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 max tow jt and 2002 tj
Will be in the area for the first time. Planning on doing most of the passes if they are open. Any concerns I should know about got buddies that motorcycle all the passes and I think I'm pretty set.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Longarmtj

Longarmtj

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 max tow jt and 2002 tj
Anyone up here? Thinking about engineer tomorrow....

Jeefo

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi JTR
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
How was Engineer? We're planning on doing Engineer, Cinnamon, and maybe Mineral Creek this upcoming weekend 7/16-7/17. Taking it easy and trying to enjoy the scenery and nearby camping with two Tacos and a more stock LX470.

Painkillerspe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
How was Engineer? We're planning on doing Engineer, Cinnamon, and maybe Mineral Creek this upcoming weekend 7/16-7/17. Taking it easy and trying to enjoy the scenery and nearby camping with two Tacos and a more stock LX470.
Just finished those. Engineer was easy. Mineral creek had some real nice and sketchy areas on ledges that had me puckered.

Jeefo

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi JTR
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Good to know. Hopefully my buddy's LX470 will be ok on Mineral. Are you stock or any mods? I assume a stock JTR should be able to handle mineral fine.

Did you camp out in that area? I'll be looking for a preferably dispersed camp spot between Ouray and Engineer the first night and then on the other side near Lake City the second.

Painkillerspe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Good to know. Hopefully my buddy's LX470 will be ok on Mineral. Are you stock or any mods? I assume a stock JTR should be able to handle mineral fine.

Did you camp out in that area? I'll be looking for a preferably dispersed camp spot between Ouray and Engineer the first night and then on the other side near Lake City the second.
I'm on a 2.5 inch lift with 35s.

Clearance would definitely be nice to have on mineral. The bad sections are rocky and off camber towards the cliff. It's doable

There were lots of camping spots, best one I saw the entire trip was on the oirsynsode of Imogene just above a large mine shaft. Really awesome spot.
Sponsored