Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I mean knowing it's a midsized truck, knowing since it's a jeep I was going to have to pay a premium for it, overall I've had very little to complain about on mine. Going into the purchase and using my other Jeep wranglers and Jeep's I've owned as a bases, I got to say this thing really performs and does everything I need it to do for me. I'm glad I got the Max tow because I feel like that's something that I will definitely take advantage of. Overall this to me is a solid truck and it's a Jeep so to me win win, I'm Happy!:rock:
Sponsored

Br4hm4

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT OE, 2016 Polaris Slingshot, 2012 Kia Sportage, 2018 Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Linux Engineer
I've actually been pretty impressed at the power of the Gladiator. It's not meant to be a race car. Daily driving in Colorado means I lose a lot of power due to altitude and I had a fear that the Gladiator would really suffer with out some kind of boost. I'm happy to report that it's actually pretty peppy and I don't even mind driving through the passes.

mojocho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Who doesn't want more power. The American way. Give me a naturally aspirated V8 and I'd be giddy.

But I agree with you jeeperjamie, for what it is, I've been happy. Much better in many ways than my JKU. Plus I have MT, so I can row through the gears on my own.

In 3 to 5 years when the aftermarket scene catches up, I'll be even happier.

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™m happy with the power on mine. I was worried about it as I sold my wrangler and Hemi grand Cherokee to get it and am towing a nearly 5,000lb travel trailer behind it. While the Hemi pulled much better in hills, the Gladiator 3.6 does just fine and hasnā€™t struggled like I expected it to. The new transmission makes all the difference in the world. Day to day I really donā€™t notice a huge difference in power. Obviously the gladiator isnā€™t a race car like the Hemi GC tried to be but overall the versatility and fun outweigh the loss in performance.

Sponsored

Incommando

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Sport max tow Sting-gray, ā€˜95 YJ
Feels peppier than my ā€˜15 JKU did. Probably due to the gearing but for whatever reason it just feels better

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Very happy. Being a JK owner its like it got supercharged...drive a Tacoma and you'll see what a turd midtrucks can really be.
I drove a Tacoma before deciding on the Gladiator. I know exactly what you mean. I had always liked the looks of the Tacoma but after driving a few and then driving the JTs, I was sold on the Gladiator.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I am plenty happy with the Pentastar in my JT. My trade in vehicle being a Tacoma with the Atkinson Cycle V6 that was more meant for mini van duty, the JT power plant is a much better engine.

Pat2Alaska

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Hydro-Blue Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Jedi
After owning a TJ and a JK, I am very happy with the performance of the JT! The engine/auto trans combo has been great in all situations for the 13,000 miles I've driven in a year.

Sponsored

Tator

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
I'm very please so far with the 3.6 output. I'm used to my 5.4 F-150 and can feel a difference on hills/inclines on the torque but the MPG gain far outweighs this detail. My wife has a 15'JKU and this is a significant upgrade to the way that one drives.

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Reason I was asking was because yesterday on my way home from work I had a guy pull out in a 2016 JKU Sahara on 35's and he was getting on it to catch me. We got to the stop light he pulls up beside of me asking me about the JT. I told him Max tow, gear ratio ECT, mentioned night and day compared to my 2010 JKU on 35's. He said he was having a hell of a time catching up to me and asked me about the power and I said I haven't found any issues with it and it tows 7600lbs and seems to be all I ever need. Then I said I haven't got on it really since I bought it so let's find out light to light. He was all in and I'll tell you what, I spun the tires getting out the hole and absolutely smoked him to the next light which was probably a Half mile or better. I slowed down so he could get back along beside of me and he said that was freakin awesome and he was going go drive one this weekend. Now not a fair comparison since he has 3.21 gears and I'm at 4.10 but it was still fun to see that it will get on it if you need it to. Absolutely not like a hemi or 5.0, but for a midsized truck, I'll take it. Plus the 18+ MPGs I'm getting on 35's,man I would of never thought that. Got me kicking myself for not going 37's

PsyRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray JTR, 2016 Bonneville T120 Black
I'm fine with it. It's more then the 98 Tacoma I drove for 20 years. But at 70-75mph on the freeway, I'm still going the same speed as any other vehicle going 70-75mph on the freeway regardless of what's under the hood.
Sponsored