Sponsored

Overland " Quest...ions"

The Peripatetic Cajun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Good Morning All,
My question for the day is: Does anyone have tips and answers to IPAD (with GPS) for trail nav, and what should one choose getting, I've heard about Gaia app. Does that require a WEBOOST or something similar, I was thinking about downloading maps, if thats the only way to go about it. Don't want to necessarily be without signal until we want to be by choice. Should we try another option as fas as IPAD GPS goes and if not which one should we choose? Do we need other equipment, antennas, cables, etc? Thanks for any and all help. All the best!!!
Sponsored

G8R

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon-solid white
Occupation
Medical Devices
Good Morning All,
My question for the day is: Does anyone have tips and answers to IPAD (with GPS) for trail nav, and what should one choose getting, I've heard about Gaia app. Does that require a WEBOOST or something similar, I was thinking about downloading maps, if thats the only way to go about it. Don't want to necessarily be without signal until we want to be by choice. Should we try another option as fas as IPAD GPS goes and if not which one should we choose? Do we need other equipment, antennas, cables, etc? Thanks for any and all help. All the best!!!
I use GAIA app on my iPhone. Before heading out I download a detailed map or maps of the area. Then when you are out of cell reception the saved map will load and you can see yourself on the map easily. Google Maps has a similar Offline map capability. You do not need a cell booster because it runs off GPS only. I do not have an IPAD but that would be a better solution with the bigger screen.