Sponsored

Overland racks, tents, options for more space.

Darylrey

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler JK Sport, 2020 Gladiator Mojave (on order)
Occupation
Health Physicist and Radiation Protection Supervisor
First post here so feel free to coach me up if I swing and miss on any nuance or etiquette of the forum.
I have had a soft-top, usually naked, 2-door, ‘13 Wrangler Sport for a little over 7 years now and with the additions to life and family over that span, the Gladiator has really given me the itch.

I love being outdoors but need a way to ease my wife into ‘ruggedness’ and make it exciting for the kids. All of this made my discovery of hard-top or rack top tents and exciting discovery!

As I sift through the tons of information and styles, I am noticing that folks are doing some roof-top/ indoor set-ups for the Wranglers but I am not really seeing any for the Gladiators.

I want to add a rack to the bed of the (soon-to-be-mine) Gladiator and a tent set-up on top, but I don’t want a rig that stops me from removing the hard-top. My thought was that instead of racking the entire top (bed rack and cab top) I would find a way to enclose the bed rack for a sleeper area on top of the bed drawers and under the rack top tent.
Has anyone seen or used a setup similar to this?
I would prefer the in-bed sleep area to be less permanent than a hard camper shell. Something I could tear down and leave open during the ride.
Sponsored

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Subaru Legacy, 2012 Mercedes Sprinter
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
If you use the search button and search RTT or roof top tent you should find several discussions on this topic. Good luck in your search for the right one.. there are many!

OP
OP
Darylrey

Darylrey

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler JK Sport, 2020 Gladiator Mojave (on order)
Occupation
Health Physicist and Radiation Protection Supervisor
If you use the search button and search RTT or roof top tent you should find several discussions on this topic. Good luck in your search for the right one.. there are many!
Thanks! The search continues...
Sponsored