First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
What's your setup? Opinion or real world experience on brands. Looking at ICECO, Snomaster, ARB, or Dometic. Got pics of your setup?
Sponsored

JT850

First Name
Derp
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2006 TJ Unlimited
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
spend money I dont have on my jeep
I went with ICECO...mainly due to the price. I know you posted this a while ago, but I'm not disappointed at all. Here is some quick info. Hope it helps if you haven't pulled the trigger yet.

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mojave, 20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD,
Bought an Engel MR040. Super quiet, sipped energy and surprisingly 40 qt capacity was pretty decent for like 3 or 4 people for a while. I powered it with a Jackery 550. It wold run the fridge for 2 days with a 100% charge on it. Plus: made in Thailand, not China.

Loved it but returned it because the wife and I decided to get a camper with a built in fridge.

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
I have the Iceco VL65 dual zone. I can bring a whole lot of beer. It's one big fridge though. Also got the matching slider mounted in the bed. I can run it off my Bluetti AC50s indefinitely with a 120w solar panel.

OP
OP
Free2roam

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
I have the Iceco VL65 dual zone. I can bring a whole lot of beer. It's one big fridge though. Also got the matching slider mounted in the bed. I can run it off my Bluetti AC50s indefinitely with a 120w solar panel.
Pics please. I'm thinking about a SnoMaster.

Sponsored

Sportsbiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Digital Experience Program Manager
I have a Dometic CFX3 35 in my rig. It's on a Goose Gear seat delete on the driver's side, and also have it hardwired with the Dometic kit. At camp I plug it into a Jackery 500. It's been nothing but great for my use, and I particularly like the ability to control it via the app. I've had it about a year, so can't yet personally speak to long term reliability.

All that said, SnoMaster and Engel I think are the gold standards, and I know guys who've passed their Engels down a generation they're that solid. I don't regret my Dometic purchase, but if you have the means, I don't think you'd go wrong with the Engel or SnoMaster.
Jeep Gladiator Overlanding fridge/freezer set up IMG_6045.JPG

OP
OP
Free2roam

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
I have a Dometic CFX3 35 in my rig. It's on a Goose Gear seat delete on the driver's side, and also have it hardwired with the Dometic kit. At camp I plug it into a Jackery 500. It's been nothing but great for my use, and I particularly like the ability to control it via the app. I've had it about a year, so can't yet personally speak to long term reliability.

All that said, SnoMaster and Engel I think are the gold standards, and I know guys who've passed their Engels down a generation they're that solid. I don't regret my Dometic purchase, but if you have the means, I don't think you'd go wrong with the Engel or SnoMaster.
Jeep Gladiator Overlanding fridge/freezer set up IMG_6045.JPG
I specifically want a fridge and a freezer for my setup. But hoping it can be used for either not just half and half.

Sportsbiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Digital Experience Program Manager
I specifically want a fridge and a freezer for my setup. But hoping it can be used for either not just half and half.
Wish I had the space and budget for that! I mean, who wouldn't want ice cream at camp? I'm sure you could adjust the settings on the freezer side to operate as a fridge; not sure if the opposite is true on the fridge side.

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator - Overland - Gator
I don’t have one myself, but I recently watched this video on a small YouTube channel, and thought it looked pretty good for occasional use (Bodega T60).

OP
OP
Free2roam

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
I don’t have one myself, but I recently watched this video on a small YouTube channel, and thought it looked pretty good for occasional use (Bodega T60).

Nice. But to tall for what I'm looking for. I'm designing an overlanding trailer. Reason for the SnoMaster as it comes in a shorter version. Which I can fit into the space I'm looking at.

Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Last year around May I bought a Amazon fridge freezer for about $280-299 and have been running it in my JT since. It's not one of the top dollar names but it's ran with out failure. It's currently running off my "house" battery (for a week or two now) a 36 Amp LiPo battery 24/7. Before it was running off my starting battery and had went 3-4 days with out me starting my JT with out running the battery to low to start.
I used part of the shipping crate for my topper for the "fridge freezer slider with some other boards and two drawer slides from Lowes.... I'm for function over perfection. Out some time and maybe $35-45 for hardware.
Jeep Gladiator Overlanding fridge/freezer set up IMG_20210914_224732
Jeep Gladiator Overlanding fridge/freezer set up IMG_20210914_224656
Jeep Gladiator Overlanding fridge/freezer set up IMG_20210914_224639

I regret not getting one long ago, no more buying ice, wasted food and mess. Just in few summers I spent more money on ice and coolers than all of that cost me.

OP
OP
Free2roam

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Noce.
Last year around May I bought a Amazon fridge freezer for about $280-299 and have been running it in my JT since. It's not one of the top dollar names but it's ran with out failure. It's currently running off my "house" battery (for a week or two now) a 36 Amp LiPo battery 24/7. Before it was running off my starting battery and had went 3-4 days with out me starting my JT with out running the battery to low to start.
I used part of the shipping crate for my topper for the "fridge freezer slider with some other boards and two drawer slides from Lowes.... I'm for function over perfection. Out some time and maybe $35-45 for hardware.

I regret not getting one long ago, no more buying ice, wasted food and mess. Just in few summers I spent more money on ice and coolers than all of that cost me.
Nice. If all works out for my prototype. It may be a production trailer. Depends on interest. Why I'm looking at more top of the line stuff. Perfection in a model is easier to modify for future use. IMO fabricator by trade.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Noce.

Nice. If all works out for my prototype. It may be a production trailer. Depends on interest. Why I'm looking at more top of the line stuff. Perfection in a model is easier to modify for future use. IMO fabricator by trade.
I understand my father's side of family is full of tool &die, machinist, ECT, ECT and I would piss them off being a good enough builder😉😁 I've seen a lot of good enough stuff built by some of them trashed because it wasn't prefect.
My father (RIP) did wood projects as a weekend projects that I wish I had the patients to do.

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator - Overland - Gator