First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
For the few so far to look at different options. Completely custom how you want it built.
Jeep Gladiator OVRLND Camper roll call IMG_20230126_135853788_HDR
Jeep Gladiator OVRLND Camper roll call IMG_20230126_135903682_HDR
Jeep Gladiator OVRLND Camper roll call IMG_20230126_135917601_HDR
Jeep Gladiator OVRLND Camper roll call IMG_20230127_084711837
Sponsored

PsyRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray JTR, 2016 Bonneville T120 Black
Looks good! Here’s mine.
Jeep Gladiator OVRLND Camper roll call FF21636F-02E5-4179-B3BA-4760613F4046

Right after getting it.

Jeep Gladiator OVRLND Camper roll call DB6A5872-87F3-4161-B572-AE810914DE7B

Fully deployed

Jeep Gladiator OVRLND Camper roll call 4A4E0D6F-8606-4DCB-9650-5CFCF554DA30

Blank canvas.

Jeep Gladiator OVRLND Camper roll call 881FC10C-A17E-4F6A-9F9E-383949C51D99

Almost finished the paneling. Ran out of rivnuts for the left side. Ordered more. Besides holding the panels in place, they are also attachment points.

Jeep Gladiator OVRLND Camper roll call BA25B74B-4A57-4F2A-A2F9-17EB7AD84BE9

Out doing it’s thing.

OP
OP
Free2roam

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Amassing parts for the build. Got two Vevor diesel heaters. Couldn't pass up the deal. Plus I've got a back up or spare parts.
Jeep Gladiator OVRLND Camper roll call IMG_20230304_172958834

PsyRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Amassing parts for the build. Got two Vevor diesel heaters. Couldn't pass up the deal. Plus I've got a back up or spare parts.
Curious how you’re going to run it into the camper.

montechie

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Writer of code, designer of things
I've been using my OVRLND for a year now and love it. I got it shortly after getting my JT, and it was actually a big reason I switched from a Taco with a 6' bed. We've used it between about 10F to 70s temp wise, some pretty gnarly rain and sleet/snow storms and have been happy. We were already kitted out for 4-season camping in Montana, so already had a wide range of sleep gear for down to -20F.

That being said, we use it for backcountry ski trips, and it's nice to be slightly warmer than outside :) Starting last fall I insulated the walls with Havloc wool bats, and covered the lower walls with coroplast and the upper area with very thin (.06") abs haircell plastic sheets. My job for the front window was a bit of a hack job, I'll probably take a 2nd crack at it this summer. I've been really happy with the extra insulation, we also have the 2nd covering for the tent walls. It traps any heat and only trickles it out, I have a Buddy Heater but haven't felt the need yet.

I just finished building and putting in the extruded shelving, which also acts as a step for the bed. The shelving is designed to be removed/added in a couple minutes. I probably went overkill on using 15 series on the lower section, but it is what we step on and it holds our Yeti cooler sometimes. When I'm solo camping I keep recovery plus ski gear in the back, the shelf works great for attaching whatever too. When my wife is with me or I bring both BC ski and fatbiking gear all the boards (MaxxTrax + skis) go on the roof of the camper. Mounted to extrusion crossbars.

Jeep Gladiator OVRLND Camper roll call 1679760114367
Jeep Gladiator OVRLND Camper roll call 1679760258018
Jeep Gladiator OVRLND Camper roll call 1679760297008
Jeep Gladiator OVRLND Camper roll call 1679760366539
Jeep Gladiator OVRLND Camper roll call 1679760448622
Jeep Gladiator OVRLND Camper roll call 1679760596429

Sponsored

montechie

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Oh yeah, for others new to the camper builds (like me), all the shelf/extrusions/paneling came from tnutz.com or 8020.net, and the big coroplast sheets I found at Home Depot. Both tnutz and 8020 will precut stuff to your specs. I got the thicker abs haircell panels for shelving from 8020 cut to size, they would also notch them if you want, but I found it easy stuff to cut with wood cutting tools.

OP
OP
Free2roam

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
I've been using my OVRLND for a year now and love it. I got it shortly after getting my JT, and it was actually a big reason I switched from a Taco with a 6' bed. We've used it between about 10F to 70s temp wise, some pretty gnarly rain and sleet/snow storms and have been happy. We were already kitted out for 4-season camping in Montana, so already had a wide range of sleep gear for down to -20F.

That being said, we use it for backcountry ski trips, and it's nice to be slightly warmer than outside :) Starting last fall I insulated the walls with Havloc wool bats, and covered the lower walls with coroplast and the upper area with very thin (.06") abs haircell plastic sheets. My job for the front window was a bit of a hack job, I'll probably take a 2nd crack at it this summer. I've been really happy with the extra insulation, we also have the 2nd covering for the tent walls. It traps any heat and only trickles it out, I have a Buddy Heater but haven't felt the need yet.

I just finished building and putting in the extruded shelving, which also acts as a step for the bed. The shelving is designed to be removed/added in a couple minutes. I probably went overkill on using 15 series on the lower section, but it is what we step on and it holds our Yeti cooler sometimes. When I'm solo camping I keep recovery plus ski gear in the back, the shelf works great for attaching whatever too. When my wife is with me or I bring both BC ski and fatbiking gear all the boards (MaxxTrax + skis) go on the roof of the camper. Mounted to extrusion crossbars.

What are the T-slotted brackets up on the from and side walls with the rings? How did you attach them?

montechie

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
What are the T-slotted brackets up on the from and side walls with the rings? How did you attach them?
The ones on the side walls are the original bed slides (10-series extruded), OVRLND switched from 8020 10-series rails to T-slots I believe, a couple months after I got mine. I slid in t-nuts with ring bolts to hang stuff from. The one across the forward wall is a L-track (sometimes called O-track), I rivnut'd that to one of the cross bars of the camper. L-track is nice since it is strong when well bolted (used to secure cargo in trucks/airplanes), fairly light weight, and is easy to drop attachments into. I really like having the ring bolts, I clip biners with gear, or hook bungies/ratchet straps into them to secure gear.

The rivnuts weren't bad to do, I used a step bit and drilled for m-6 or m-8s bolts, can't remember. Took me a bit to want to drill into my camper, not quite as long as it took me to muster cutting into my hood for the snorkel though 😅

So far I'm happy with the setup, I need the back to be very flexible. I use the bed as a truck bed most of the time, but want to put it into camper mode easily. I also highly recommend putting workout mats or a bedmat in the bed, huge difference for bare feet and insulation. The white coroplast isn't my favorite look, but I could only find white at the time. It's noticeably warmer to the touch over the metal bits though.

montechie

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Unfortunately I didn't take more photos of my drive and one night camping trip last night, I was beat after getting up through ALOT of snow in the JT and then on skis, we got 20-30" over the weekend. Jeep and camper were great, the only issue I had was a sticky lock on back. I had been plowing bow waves through the power (over the hood) on the way up, and got quite a bit of ice and snow on the back doors. Not sure if there's a way to keep ice out from behind the lock hinge area. I squirted graphite powder in the lock, and a little WD-40 in the latch when I got back. I was able to crawl in and out through my side hatches, as well as get my skis in through them. I've also noticed in the past the barn doors can get frozen shut from snow melt refreezing while parked, but usually not hard to tap on them to break any ice in the seals area.
Here's my setup with skis, I'm using REI packing cubes on the shelves:
Jeep Gladiator OVRLND Camper roll call 1679936931503

Here's my camp spot, there was 2' of snow in parts of the trailhead lot I was in, I parked on my traction boards and so that I was pointing at some trees with my winch ;)
Jeep Gladiator OVRLND Camper roll call 1679937060790

Also, the JTR FTW, I blew through an area easily that a Ram 2500, a Colorado ZR2, and a TRD Pro 4Runner all got stuck in. I yanked one out, easily turned around and drove down to a wider area until all the congestion cleared, then drove back up and way past. The 2 smaller vehicles threw chains on to back all the way back down the road. I love this truck!

OP
OP
Free2roam

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Unfortunately I didn't take more photos of my drive and one night camping trip last night, I was beat after getting up through ALOT of snow in the JT and then on skis, we got 20-30" over the weekend. Jeep and camper were great, the only issue I had was a sticky lock on back. I had been plowing bow waves through the power (over the hood) on the way up, and got quite a bit of ice and snow on the back doors. Not sure if there's a way to keep ice out from behind the lock hinge area. I squirted graphite powder in the lock, and a little WD-40 in the latch when I got back. I was able to crawl in and out through my side hatches, as well as get my skis in through them. I've also noticed in the past the barn doors can get frozen shut from snow melt refreezing while parked, but usually not hard to tap on them to break any ice in the seals area.
Here's my setup with skis, I'm using REI packing cubes on the shelves:

Here's my camp spot, there was 2' of snow in parts of the trailhead lot I was in, I parked on my traction boards and so that I was pointing at some trees with my winch ;)

Also, the JTR FTW, I blew through an area easily that a Ram 2500, a Colorado ZR2, and a TRD Pro 4Runner all got stuck in. I yanked one out, easily turned around and drove down to a wider area until all the congestion cleared, then drove back up and way past. The 2 smaller vehicles threw chains on to back all the way back down the road. I love this truck!
Carry a squirt bottle or something like that full of isopropyl alcohol. Should melt it right off.

Sponsored

PsyRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Free2roam @montechie either of you hook up the brake light on the camper? I can’t seem to figure it out. lol

OP
OP
Free2roam

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
@Free2roam @montechie either of you hook up the brake light on the camper? I can’t seem to figure it out. lol
Not yet. I just got a camera for the back of it and blind spot areas. Probably hook it up at that time. Figured I'd just butcher my harness or buy a new one and piece it together

montechie

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yes I did, or rather my wife did. She was a process engineer at an electronics manufacturing company so she gets the electrical jobs :)

It was a bit frustrating, there's documentation for the JL wiring but I don't think there's one for the JT, and they are different wiring for the bed. Different colors, etc. Let me look to see which color we wired into. We landed up connecting to one sitting behind the drivers' side rear wheel well.

montechie

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ok, so I can't tell which wire color we hooked up to under the driver side of the bed, but what we did was test at our trailer harness connection for the brake wire we wanted. Then followed it up to a point that was convenient to wire into. As I mentioned above, don't bother with the JL wiring diagram, it's misleading for the rear wires. I think I also looked at the etrailers diagram for the trailer harness.

montechie

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Probably late at this point, but saw an old post of mine elsewhere with the wire I hooked into:
"I was able to wire into the tailgate green-white-green wire (brake only, thanks to the OP's pictures!) and the black ground over behind the driver side wheel well."
Sponsored